Peak-Muscle.com  

Welcome to the Peak-Muscle.com forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. Come join us in on one of the best online fitness communities. We have 16,000 members that are likeminded towards a fitness, bodybuilding lifestyle. Registration is free and only takes but a few minutes. By joining our free community you will have access to communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. You will be able to create threads to discuss and or create a fitness regimen. Or just bounce ideas off of some very knowledgeable members. So don't miss out. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Peak-Muscle.com > Bodybuilding and Fitness Discussion > Training
User Name
Password

Old 01-25-2017, 09:22 AM   #1
WidowMaker
Vet

WidowMaker has a spectacular aura aboutWidowMaker has a spectacular aura about
The Mind Muscle and Contraction

This topic is up for debate

The mind muscle connection and contraction.
November 15, 2016 by Kevin Simmang

Going to the gym and performing that killer routine you found on the internet or from a friend is all well and good, but how much good is it really doing for you?

The industry and fitness world has over the past decade segway’d into the performing of large major mover compound movements. This mean the active recruitment of multiple separate body parts all within one motion.

For athletic conditioning this is good yes, but it often takes the focus from true muscle contraction/ conditioning to general calorie burn which can have adverse affect on one’s goals.

Lets take the burpee for example, this movement is a full body exercise with a focus on the core, shoulders, and legs. Now on the flip side a lifter is significantly better off by performing a front squat to overhead press as the EXACT same groups of muscles are targeted, yet the motion is significantly less energy wasting and actually allows you to make the true mind muscle connection within the movement rather than just bouncing around like a ping pong ball.

squatpress

Building better bodies requires true contraction and making the mind muscle connection is critical to accomplish this. Well what does this mean? It mean find the muscles your trying to target, tone, or build and truly focus your energy into those muscles as to provide the most effective contraction.

Taking a good pre-workout is critical as well as it primes the muscle’s to a conditioning environment receptive to hard work and recovery, not to mention the added focus from it.

So next time you touch a weight, take the time to really focus on what your working and slow things down a bit, because after all what’s the point of just going through the motions with nothing to show from it!
Old 01-25-2017, 09:57 AM   #2
liftsiron
Administrator

liftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant future
Arnold often spoke of this.
Old 07-11-2017, 09:18 PM   #3
Thorensenn

Thorensenn is on a distinguished road
One way I've been able to really get the mind-muscle connection is in the stretch phase. When I feel a muscle stretch o know where to contract. After some time, I am able to fell many muscles through the stretch to full contraction. I can nearly fire individual quad muscles during a leg extension. Pretty damn cool when the target muscle is the one that burns during an exercise
Thorensenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2017, 12:23 AM   #4
Dakota
VET

Dakota is a name known to allDakota is a name known to allDakota is a name known to allDakota is a name known to allDakota is a name known to allDakota is a name known to all
I know that I can isolate a single muscle group and thrash it just by focusing on contracting that group. It is learned over time. When you are young you just use them all. I agree that stretching train the mind/muscle connection too.