Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dawgpound_Hank
    • May 2019

Yates says Curry wouldn't make top 6 in 90's

He said against him, Levrone, Ray, Flex, Cormier and Nasser he wouldn't make top 6 back in the 90's. He also said Curry looked about 6 weeks out...

Curry's response:

“So in a nutshell, it’s Dorian being Dorian. Nobody did it harder, stricter, and as hardcore as Dorian. We got one legendary video to prove it! He can have that. I’ll just inarguably give that to him. He needs that, it’s his legacy. So of course bodybuilders didn’t work as hard as he did. Hell yeah we may rely more on technology or PED’s. So this makes his way and his era better, simple as that, you know why? He says so and some others would agree with him. We know his way made him a champion and some may say the most bad ass, hardest working, blue collar, and grainy bodybuilder that ever lived. He can have that but this guy right here [referring to Curry himself] is completely different and I’m totally cool with it. I got to watch a video just the other day that put the 1993 Dorian and 2019 Brandon head to head and pose for pose. I love the comparison and I’m happy to be just who I am as well. I’m sure he can attest to how not winning your first Olympia at 100% on a vacated title makes you more dangerous if you do improve and continue.”

What's ya'lls take?
    Dawgpound Hank is a fictional character,. All posts by my character are merely for entertainment purposes and not meant to be taken seriously.
  • Roughrydr
    • Oct 2017

I agree with Dorian. 100%
    OFFO

Muscle Forged In Pain

Comment

• Dakota
      VET
      • Feb 2017

As do I. Totally agree.

Man, I love Yates interviews!
      Last edited by Dakota; 10-08-2019, 09:53 AM.
      The older I get the better I used to be.

Comment

• Dawgpound_Hank
        • May 2019

Originally posted by Dakota
        As do I. Totally agree.

Man, I love Yates interviews!
        Me too bro. I usually can't watch a long vid without getting bored, but Dorian talks so straight and no-BS,I can watch him all thru and more.

That vid I posted is only a segment of the full interview - he talks about a lot of cool stuff he never has before. He mentions how G & R's Appetite for Destruction was the only think he listened to on leg day for 6 years haha. He also talks about a time when he and Haney almost got into a fight - all Yates fault for believing some shit someone told him about Haney. Great interview check it out.
        Dawgpound Hank is a fictional character,. All posts by my character are merely for entertainment purposes and not meant to be taken seriously.

Comment

• Dakota
          VET
          • Feb 2017

I caught the near fight video. Funny.
          The older I get the better I used to be.

Comment

• Glycomann

Dorian brought something that hasn't been seen before just like Arnold, Haney, Ronnie and even Phil Heath. Dorian was a bizarre thing to see back in the early 90s, did not look human by human standards. Lesser Mr. O's like Bannout, Dickerson, maybe even Cutler and Rhoden did not bring something new like a new standard. I just don't think Curry is one of those Mr. Os that brought something new like Arnold or even Zane, or Haney or Ronnie. But this is beside the point. Yates point was that he feels his era was more stacked and he probably has a point. He had Nasser, Flex, Ronnie (early Ronnie), Cormier, Levrone, Dillet, ect ect. Then he retired and then it was a new freaky and that was the Goat Ronnie when he mutated. Again a new standard of freaky past human look.

Comment

Working...