Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Roughrydr
    • Oct 2017

New Rifle for Military

Has anyone seen the new M1 10 rifle being made I think by HK? 7.62 rounds. 800 meter accuracy. 6x scope. Magazine fed. It looks bad to the bone. I cant wait to get my hands on one just to play with.

Attached Files
    OFFO

Muscle Forged In Pain
  • choke

Yep, but actually, the military is leaning towards a 6.8 creedmore. That's a great cartridge for both stopping power and distance.

OR...
    don't fuck with what works already, which is the M4 platform. In doing that, they could just keep the M4 and use a heavier 5.56 round.

Fuck H&K. They are a shit mfg, full of shit bag marxists. /ending gun nerd rant before it gets kicked off...

Comment

• Chooch
      VET
      • Oct 2009

Can’t you build one pretty cheap? You can chamber an AR for almost any damn thing these days.

Comment

• Roughrydr
        • Oct 2017

Actually yes. I person I know just got busted up north, I wont say where, for building "ghost" guns in his garage. (Weapons with no serial #). He got busted by a controlled delivery
        by the ATF because he was buying silencers from China.
        But yes, if you have the equipment it's actually quite easy.
        Back in the early 80's me and a friend were buying Mach 10"s by the quantity the filing the searing pins down, then selling them to the Colombians for double what we paid. At one point we were even getting into making silencers. But they were only good for like two shots then got progressively louder with each round.
        But that was a whole other life ago.
        OFFO

Muscle Forged In Pain

Comment

• Chooch
          VET
          • Oct 2009

Yeah I was gonna say, non serialized guns aren’t illegal. Then I saw the suppressor part haha

Comment

• Bhop504
            VET
            • Feb 2019

Originally posted by choke
            Yep, but actually, the military is leaning towards a 6.8 creedmore. That's a great cartridge for both stopping power and distance.

OR...
            don't fuck with what works already, which is the M4 platform. In doing that, they could just keep the M4 and use a heavier 5.56 round.

Fuck H&K. They are a shit mfg, full of shit bag marxists. /ending gun nerd rant before it gets kicked off...

Do you mean the 6.8 spl or 6.5 creedmoor? The 6.8spl can be built on a regular .223/5.56 receiver, all you need is a different bolt carrier group, barrel and mag. I’m actually thinking about building one with a leftover lower.

Now the 6.5 creedmor Is a beast of its own...I’ve had my eyes on the ruger precision for a little while now

Comment

• choke

Originally posted by Bhop504
              Do you mean the 6.8 spl or 6.5 creedmoor? The 6.8spl can be built on a regular .223/5.56 receiver, all you need is a different bolt carrier group, barrel and mag. I’m actually thinking about building one with a leftover lower.

Now the 6.5 creedmor Is a beast of its own...I’ve had my eyes on the ruger precision for a little while now
              Ugh...
              yes, I did mean 6.8...
              I have creedmor on the brain because I just built one for precision matches... Aaannddd... just had this discussion with a few .mil buddies.

Plus, I was clouded by H&K hate

To Chooch's question: Yes, you can build AR chassis type rifles very inexpensively. However, there are so many mfg's out there now that buying a fully built only adds a slight premium to the costs.

Now if you want something discrete, the parts are very easy to purchase. And all of the pieces can only go in one place!

Comment

• water43
                Vet
                • Mar 2010

these liberals are getting bad trying to take your guns at every opertunity
                the right to try law is a title besides its all fiction "everything"

Comment

Working...