NSAIDS

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • macattack

ibuprophen daily and sparingly now, I used to use 1,000 every morning sometimes at night too but have stopped that.

Comment

• powerman2000

Originally posted by DragonRider
      I'm curious if anyone other than me is on some kind of NSAID such as Ibuprofen or Naproxen Sodium (Aleve) 365 days a year due to chronic pain in either their shoulders, elbows or knees?
      You got to get off that stuff asap and find an MD would practices Prolotherapy.

I was just like you for my knees as I am a retired powerlifter.

I am not affiliated with this website but it's very useful.

Comment

• Scotsmark
        VET
        • Apr 2005

Originally posted by DragonRider
        I agree with your point about healing. My problem is, I've used glucosamine and condroiten at twice the recommended levels and they did nothing whatsoever for my pain. I began to think the only people who would continue to recommend them were people who really didn't know what pain was or people who wanted to see you continue to suffer.
        Colgan used up to 9 grams of glucosamine, a shitload of glutamine, EFA's and antioxidants.

How often to you use ice packs on your knees? It has the same effect as NSAIDs but doesn't have any side effects. Just get a bag of ice or frozen peas, drape a tea towel over the knees and sit the icepack/peas on top, make sure the knees are elevated as well and keep there for 10 minutes.

Remember the treatment for strains & sprains - RICE

R rest
        I ice
        C compression
        E elevate

This method has been around for hundreds of years, long before NSAIDs were polluting our bodies.

Comment

Working...