X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wallyd
    VET
    • Aug 2015

Originally posted by HDH
    Ain't hat the truth man. I've been dealing with some issues keeping me away from the gym and have no release at all. Before this shit, I hadn't missed a day in years.

Looking sharp dude.
    I get it, life happens. I’ve been in a serious funk myself. Once I get home I just don’t want to go anywhere. I guess you could call it depression, job related, everything else is fine.

My plan is to get back at it this week! I know once I start & get bit by the gym but again, I’ll be consistent & back on track. I need to stop with the excuses & just do it.

Comment

• irish_2003
      Vet
      • Oct 2011

Great work..its always tough being consistent but pics make us accountable...

Comment

• Roc
        VET
        • Apr 2020

I’m glad we have the iron to get us threw life!! Some count on drugs or alcohol, but that only digs you deeper into a hole. The iron is more mentally satisfying and you can stay there as long as you need or go back and do it again in the same day if that’s your cup of tea. It has helped me threw some real battles in this life journey.

Great looking pics brother. Keep it up, keep the head down and keep pushing!!

Comment

• MindlessWork
          • Aug 2011

Originally posted by Roc
          I’m glad we have the iron to get us threw life!! Some count on drugs or alcohol, but that only digs you deeper into a hole. The iron is more mentally satisfying and you can stay there as long as you need or go back and do it again in the same day if that’s your cup of tea. It has helped me threw some real battles in this life journey.

Great looking pics brother. Keep it up, keep the head down and keep pushing!!
          Agreed, the iron helps keep me sane too as I'm getting older. Staying active and working out helps keep your mind sharp and your body strong!
          “You take the blue pill — the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red pill — you stay in Wonderland, and I show you how deep the rabbit-hole goes.” - Morpheus (from the Matrix)

Comment

• Roughrydr
            • Oct 2017

Youre not alone. My wife, its been 41 years now, has alzheimers. Its been several years since tge diagnosis so its pretty well advanced. She's still ambulatory, but i bathe her, change her diapers, feed her, take care of literally everything. Luckily i have a useless pot head unemployed dead beat son, our youngest, he's 35, our okdest is 40 now. But i let him move back in a whike back and he watches her and takes care of her during the day. I was ready to kick him out again several times but now glad i didnt. And our relationshiphas grown closer, both my wife and the son. There's a silver lining there somewhere. Youll probablyjust have to wait it out to see. Weights are my stress relieftoo so i know exactly what youre saying. Youll be fine.
            OFFO

Muscle Forged In Pain

Comment

• Silntrunin
              VET
              • Mar 2023

Originally posted by wallyd
              I get it, life happens. I’ve been in a serious funk myself. Once I get home I just don’t want to go anywhere. I guess you could call it depression, job related, everything else is fine.

My plan is to get back at it this week! I know once I start & get bit by the gym but again, I’ll be consistent & back on track. I need to stop with the excuses & just do it.

I think its just that time of year especially if you live in a colder climate area. Hard for me to get anything done when the Sun hasn't been out in 4-5 days and its cold AF. I hate going out myself. Lol

Trick is just to get there. Once your at the gym everything starts falling back into place.

Comment

• Silntrunin
                VET
                • Mar 2023

Originally posted by Roughrydr
                Youre not alone. My wife, its been 41 years now, has alzheimers. Its been several years since tge diagnosis so its pretty well advanced. She's still ambulatory, but i bathe her, change her diapers, feed her, take care of literally everything. Luckily i have a useless pot head unemployed dead beat son, our youngest, he's 35, our okdest is 40 now. But i let him move back in a whike back and he watches her and takes care of her during the day. I was ready to kick him out again several times but now glad i didnt. And our relationshiphas grown closer, both my wife and the son. There's a silver lining there somewhere. Youll probablyjust have to wait it out to see. Weights are my stress relieftoo so i know exactly what youre saying. Youll be fine.

That's a whole hell of a lot to deal with brother.

Been through that with my mom and now my mother in law. God bless you bro!
                I didnt and still dont have what it takes to deal with that disease. So my deepest respect goes out to you. Most would put their significant other or parent in a home. I did with my mom. Recently watched my mother in law for 4 weeks and I was ready for the nut house. Just dont have that kind of patience.
                Glad things have worked out as best as possible for you with all invilved. Lord knows id love to have a better relationship with my son.

Comment

• MindlessWork
                  • Aug 2011

Originally posted by Roughrydr
                  Sorry to hear of that and hope you can spend as much time with her and good to see your son finally turning himself around. Keep nurturing that newfound bond and he should be able to help you care for her. if you have a visiting nurse that could be of help I am sure that would be a good thing too as Alzheimers is very hard on families.

Hang in there and yes channel your stress and anger at the iron!
                  “You take the blue pill — the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red pill — you stay in Wonderland, and I show you how deep the rabbit-hole goes.” - Morpheus (from the Matrix)

Comment

• MindlessWork
                    • Aug 2011

Hope all's going well bro!

Comment

• Paramuscle
                      • Mar 2018

Awesome work brother

~PM

Comment

• 1bigun11
                        • May 2022

To me you look much heavier than 210. Very well done, brother!

Comment

• jrod
                          • Jun 2010

Originally posted by liftsiron
                          Looking great Slin. I have three ex wife's spread out over a very long time span, lol, enough said.
                          lol. Three? Oof!
                          I can’t imagine being married three times. If anything happened to my marriage…never again !

Comment

• Silntrunin
                            VET
                            • Mar 2023

Originally posted by 1bigun11
                            To me you look much heavier than 210. Very well done, brother!
                            Thanks bro!!

Was kinda hoping to share a stage with you this year somewhere but looks like between your health issues and my hip replacement coming up in April that probably won't happen this year. But never say never.

Hope things are coming along well for you.

Comment

• Silntrunin
                              VET
                              • Mar 2023

Originally posted by Paramuscle
                              Awesome work brother
                              ~PM
                              Thanks! Just trying to stay one step ahead of father time. lol

Comment

• Paramuscle
                                • Mar 2018

I need to cut down like that. I really need some help with my shit but I am having surgery tomorrow so that's gonna be put off but man, I am jealous, doing it right bro keep it up.

~PM

Comment

Working...