• urafreak

nope never done them. you?

Comment

• urafreak

a board press looks like this...
      Attached Files

Comment

• Easto

I don't understand how they are beneficial....? Anyone want to educate me?

Comment

• urafreak

"Board Press: This is a special max effort exercise designed to help strengthen the lockout of the bench press. It is also very effective in increasing tricep strength. This exercise is performed exactly the same as the bench press except you pause the barbell on a board that is placed on your chest. The board for this work out will be two 2 by 4 boards about 12 inches in length. make sure to pause the barbell on the boards before the accent."

seems a little extreme to me...

Comment

• YummyLicious

WOOD.........it's not just for construction anymorewwww:

Comment

• bruster

i have done similar.. but it was with a rolled towel...

Comment

• Easto

I don't think this will benefit the BBer at all. Powerlifting, yes, but all I can see this doing is helping your bench press not muscle growth.

Comment

• Mark_B

Um, actually they serve their purpose. I have several very good world ranked powerlifting friends (not old but 18 & 16) and they use many of these. One of them is writing his own book right now on lifting and theories and is getting it published, just has to finish it. Was mentoring under Mel Siff. I could get him to join this board and answer these type of questions periodcially

Comment

Working...