Vet
    • Sep 2007

Originally posted by Sadie
    your back looks amazing in ur avi omg
    Thanks Karen
    *Christina*

Comment

• Sadie

been looking at your pics you definately did get robbed you dried out great there is no way that is a 5th place body i really dont get what judges are thinking sometimes

Comment

• CTri17
        Vet
        • Sep 2007

been looking at your pics you definately did get robbed you dried out great there is no way that is a 5th place body i really dont get what judges are thinking sometimes
        yea, I emailed the head judge today and sent her some pics...just wanna see what they were "looking for" and then I sent the link with the top 5 and asked what parts of them made them place higher...

I was super sickly sweet about it too so she wouldnt think I was coming at her and have her get pissed off and not want to answer me....ahhhh politics
        *Christina*

Comment

• Sadie

good deal. dont they usually tell you what was lacking? I know Nikhi said that the judges told her to fill out her upper body more cause she was to "stringy" was that just her or what cause i guess i was under the impression that was a standard practice.. if it isnt it really should be.. how can the person work on the areas if they dont know what they are right

Comment

• CTri17
            Vet
            • Sep 2007

good deal. dont they usually tell you what was lacking? I know Nikhi said that the judges told her to fill out her upper body more cause she was to "stringy" was that just her or what cause i guess i was under the impression that was a standard practice.. if it isnt it really should be.. how can the person work on the areas if they dont know what they are right
            you have to stay after and talk to them if you want to know...or you have to e-mail them. Those are the only way you will find out.
            Since I got done at 10 and they still had to do overall's I wasnt waiting around for another 1+ hr I wanted FOOD and SLEEP so i'm going this route....
            *Christina*

Comment

• CTri17
              Vet
              • Sep 2007

"Dear Christina,
              WOW, you looked so good!! Thank you for the pictures, they helped a lot. I am impressed with your physique, and the reason that I can see for you taking a fifth place is the amount of muscularity you have. Your lats and back are beautiful. The figure look is a toned down version, one that has muscularity but not too much. You are borderline between bodybuilding and figure.
              Not quite enough for bodybuilding, but too much for figure. I think your back and lats are what put you in fifth. Also, you were up against some great competition. On any given day you may have taken a first. It just depends who shows up that day and who you are up against. The figure physique is a tough one, it's a look that says "I work out, I'm in shape, but I'm not a bodybuilder". Does that help at all?
              I hope this has helped. If I've confused you more, give me a call "

Wow, well there you go, that's why I took 5th...jeez louise "I work out, i'm in shape but i'm not a bodybuilder" are you for real?! UGH
              *Christina*

Comment

• Sadie

Originally posted by CTri17
                "Dear Christina,
                WOW, you looked so good!! Thank you for the pictures, they helped a lot. I am impressed with your physique, and the reason that I can see for you taking a fifth place is the amount of muscularity you have. Your lats and back are beautiful. The figure look is a toned down version, one that has muscularity but not too much. You are borderline between bodybuilding and figure.
                Not quite enough for bodybuilding, but too much for figure. I think your back and lats are what put you in fifth. Also, you were up against some great competition. On any given day you may have taken a first. It just depends who shows up that day and who you are up against. The figure physique is a tough one, it's a look that says "I work out, I'm in shape, but I'm not a bodybuilder". Does that help at all?
                I hope this has helped. If I've confused you more, give me a call "

Wow, well there you go, that's why I took 5th...jeez louise "I work out, i'm in shape but i'm not a bodybuilder" are you for real?! UGH
                oh...my...god Ima wasnt kidding they really DO want the soft look.. that is such shit... wow.. just wow...

Comment

• CTri17
                  Vet
                  • Sep 2007

oh...my...god Ima wasnt kidding they really DO want the soft look.. that is such shit... wow.. just wow...
                  I cant believe that was literally written to me in an email...wow
                  *Christina*

Comment

• Vegas Kid

At least the judge was honest. Looks like maybe they're trying to distinguish a bit more between fitness and bb. I think you look great so it doesn't matter, but if this pattern continues at your future shows, then you will need to choose a path; assuming you care about competition.

Otherwise, just do what makes you happy, after all you're doing it for yourself right?

Comment

• rippedfreak
                      Banned
                      • Dec 2005

you took first in my book CT

Comment

• CTri17
                        Vet
                        • Sep 2007

lol thanks guys it's all good, I'm amused by it. I like my muscles, so i'm not hurt that they said I was too muscular. But i'm really not that big which is why it's so funny
                        *Christina*

Comment

• rippedfreak
                          Banned
                          • Dec 2005

Originally posted by CTri17
                          lol thanks guys it's all good, I'm amused by it. I like my muscles, so i'm not hurt that they said I was too muscular. But i'm really not that big which is why it's so funny
                          thats pretty rediculous

Comment

• go4thepump

No offense , but what shitty pics
                            !!!!!!!!
                            You need a photographer??
                            my website ...
                            Billions of happy photos, millions of passionate customers. Gorgeous online photo albums. Protect your priceless memories. Buy beautiful prints & gifts.

Comment

• CTri17
                              Vet
                              • Sep 2007

Originally posted by go4thepump
                              No offense , but what shitty pics
                              !!!!!!!!
                              You need a photographer??
                              my website ...
                              http://wildwally.smugmug.com/
                              lol the first ones were yea....did you check out the professonal ones later in the thread?
                              *Christina*

Comment

• RJH8541
                                VET
                                • Nov 2003

i think you looked great. And honestly, from watching figure shows that my wife (who is VERY muscular) competes in, I wouldn't take what the judge said to heart. Figure is the most fucked up sport when it comes to judging. I'm not saying you should have been first, third, fifth,etc. but you looked great.

The figure criteria is different at each show. They tell you it isn't, but it is... Look at the figure pros. You tellin me thos girls aren't muscular as fuck??? That's also why there are so many figure pros. They gave away pro cards when the sport first developed so they could have a nice showing at the early stages. Now its just kind of a joke as to what the judges are looking for at each particular show.

For your first show you did wonderful. Hell, for your tenth show you did wonderful. At big shows like that you tend to get lost in the crowd... so take 5th place and run. haha

Congrats and good luck in the future. And enjoy your beer!!
                                drVJ is hot

Comment

Working...