X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dakota
    VET
    • Feb 2017

Power Red Blood Donation

I chose to do a Power Red Donation for no other reason than there was no appointment available for standard donation for the time I had available. I liked the idea of really reducing RBC because I seem to produce a lot of them even at mild or HRT levels.

I am not sure I would recommend it. I donated on Wednesday and didn't train again until Saturday. Wow, what a plunge in recovery between sets! My first sets were pretty normal but 2nd, 3rd and 4th sets were seriously reduced reps. I had a tough time between movements too. I took an extra 30 minutes to do my work out and I still don't feel that I got out of it what I normally would. I took yesterday off and will hit it again tonight. I will post and update on improvement or lack thereof.
    The older I get the better I used to be.
  • Magnesium
    Vet
    • Dec 2009

double red cell reduction is no joke. Any idea what your hct is now?

Comment

• Dakota
      VET
      • Feb 2017

Originally posted by Magnesium
      double red cell reduction is no joke. Any idea what your hct is now?
      No clue post donation. I have had the nurse say "that's not possible" and call the doctor pre-donation once many years ago though. I guess it was a little on the high side. Dbol will do that to me.
      The older I get the better I used to be.

Comment

• Dawgpound_Hank

If power red blood means double red blood, then yes I had it done last time. My hemoglobin was 19.1 - pretty friggin' high. I hadn't donated blood in a long time, so my bad. But yeah I had it done, and honestly didn't skip a beat or notice any sides - I was in the gym the next day killing it. They said giving double should knock it down 3-4 points.

Comment

• Moto Ace
          Vet
          • Dec 2015

I do power reds every time, never had an issue

Comment

Working...