Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Glycomann
    • Apr 2024

GH dose response curves up to 6 IU

J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 1988 Jul;67(1):36-40.
    Dose-response studies with biosynthetic human growth hormone (GH) in GH-deficient patients.
    Jørgensen JO1, Flyvbjerg A, Lauritzen T, Alberti KG, Orskov H, Christiansen JS.
    Author information
    Abstract

Increasing doses of biosynthetic human GH (R-hGH) were given sc to seven GH-deficient patients for three consecutive 14-day periods (2, 4, and 6 IU/day at 2000 h), followed by 14 days of no GH therapy. At the end of each period each patient was hospitalized for frequent blood sampling from 2000 to 1100 h the following day. A dose-dependent increase in serum GH and serum insulin-like growth factor I (IGF-I) levels occurred. However, the time course of the serum IGF-I concentrations was different on the four occasions; there was a significant fall in the evening when no therapy was given (P less than 0.01), a significant increase after injections of 2 IU R-hGH, and constant levels during treatment with 4 and 6 IU R-hGH. Plasma glucose levels were within the normal range, with a significantly lower fasting level (at 0400 h) when no GH was given. Breakfast induced a plasma glucose rise when GH was administered, but no rise without GH, and a postprandial serum insulin response that was GH dose dependent. GH therapy increased serum FFA (P less than 0.05) and blood 3-hydroxybutyrate levels, but had no effect on blood alanine or lactate or serum triglyceride and cholesterol levels. We conclude that the serum IGF-I response to GH is dose dependent, and that a GH replacement dose of 2 IU/day (equalling 1.5 IU/m2.day) is insufficient to maintain normal diurnal serum IGF-I levels. Furthermore, a GH-independent diurnal variation in serum IGF-I in these patients is suggested. This GH preparation also has diabetogenic and lipolytic actions.

PMID:
    DOI:
    10.1210/jcem-67-1-36

Article link below.

• Glycomann

The interesting part of the article is the last page or so in the discussion section.

Comment

• liftsiron
      Administrator
      • Nov 2003

Very good read. I wonder the best dose for people with normal gh output?
      ADMIN/OWNER@Peak-Muscle

Comment

• Glycomann

The other article I posted suggests 1-3 iu/d

Comment

• Darkness
          • Apr 2011

Interesting for sure

Comment

• liftsiron
            Administrator
            • Nov 2003

I like 3.
            ADMIN/OWNER@Peak-Muscle

Comment

• Glycomann

I'm using 2iu/d for about a month now and its working nicely. I just got out of bed and I have a pump like I just did shoulders.

Comment

• Tat2dluvchylde
                VET
                • Dec 2018

I like 3. When i've gone above 3 i get a headache. this has happened with any source i'e tried. Any of you ever have that happen?
                Last edited by Tat2dluvchylde; 12-27-2018, 08:53 PM.

Comment

• Big B
                  Banned
                  • Jan 2016

Originally posted by Tat2dluvchylde
                  I like 3. When i've gone above 3 i get a headache. this has happened with any source i'e tried. Any of you ever have that happen?
                  No. When I took it for almost 2 years one time, I went up to 7/day. Loved it. Did split up the dosages...

Comment

• Glycomann

I did get headaches the first time I did GH with peptides. I don't know why but I think I was basically playing both ends against the middle.

Comment

• Dakota
                      VET
                      • Feb 2017

I am on 3 right now and it seems like a sweet spot.
                      The older I get the better I used to be.

Comment

• 01dragonslayer
                        Banned
                        • Apr 2018

I dosing 2iu black tops in the AM and gonna increase it to 4iu in a couple weeks and see how well I respond. Then after that maybe go to 6.

Comment

• Tat2dluvchylde
                          VET
                          • Dec 2018

Originally posted by Big B
                          No. When I took it for almost 2 years one time, I went up to 7/day. Loved it. Did split up the dosages...
                          i was thinking about trying that beginning at 4iu split am/pm.

i did 8 weeks 3iu am with mk677 at 6pm. i just hated the stomach bloat i get from the mk.

Comment

• Big B
                            Banned
                            • Jan 2016

Originally posted by Dakota
                            I am on 3 right now and it seems like a sweet spot.
                            We all know generics HGH are all tested with diff results. I'm curious how one could say what dose is good with these different results. Yes, good HGH are all close to the same but when you compare one that's almost twice as strong as another, how can one determine what's the best amount of ius to use?

Comment

• Dakota
                              VET
                              • Feb 2017

Originally posted by Big B
                              We all know generics HGH are all tested with diff results. I'm curious how one could say what dose is good with these different results. Yes, good HGH are all close to the same but when you compare one that's almost twice as strong as another, how can one determine what's the best amount of ius to use?
                              I am using Pharm. Saizen 21 iu for the pen, it works out one per week at 3 iu.
                              The older I get the better I used to be.

Comment

Working...