Peak-Muscle.com  

Welcome to the Peak-Muscle.com forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. Come join us in on one of the best online fitness communities. We have 16,000 members that are likeminded towards a fitness, bodybuilding lifestyle. Registration is free and only takes but a few minutes. By joining our free community you will have access to communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. You will be able to create threads to discuss and or create a fitness regimen. Or just bounce ideas off of some very knowledgeable members. So don't miss out. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Peak-Muscle.com > Anabolic Steroid Discussion > HGH, IGF-1, Insulin and Thyroid
User Name
Password

Old 12-09-2018, 03:18 PM   #1
GFKINGKONG
VET

GFKINGKONG has a spectacular aura aboutGFKINGKONG has a spectacular aura about
Thoughts on T4 With GH vis T3

I know this has been a pretty big debate in some cases for awhile.
https://northernlifters.com/topic/10...oing-it-right/
Old 12-10-2018, 04:50 PM   #2
b52

b52 is a splendid one to beholdb52 is a splendid one to beholdb52 is a splendid one to beholdb52 is a splendid one to beholdb52 is a splendid one to beholdb52 is a splendid one to beholdb52 is a splendid one to behold
I'm not too familiar with it other than my wife is on t4 after having her thyroid removed. I know t4 goes to the liver and makes t3 so in theory I think either would suffice.
b52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2018, 05:25 PM   #3
liftsiron
Administrator

liftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant future
If you want to cut, T3 is fine, I never bought into that T4 bullshit, T4 has to convert to T3 to become active anyhow.
Old 12-10-2018, 06:08 PM   #4
GFKINGKONG
VET

Crap, looks like the link itsnt working now.
Check this one out.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/7828350/
Old 12-10-2018, 06:46 PM   #5
liftsiron
Administrator

liftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant future
CONCLUSIONS: GH administration stimulated peripheral T4 to T3 conversion in a dose-dependent manner. Serum T3 levels were subnormal despite T4 substitution when the patients were off GH but normalized with GH therapy. Energy expenditure increased with GH and correlated with free T3 levels. GH caused a significant blunting of serum TSH. These findings suggest that GH plays a distinct role in the physiological regulation of thyroid function in general, and of peripheral T4 metabolism in particular.

The study says hgh increases conversion of T4 to T3. What I was saying why not just take T3 in the first place as I see no increased benefit of taking T4 only to have it convert to T3.
Old 12-11-2018, 11:58 AM   #6
GFKINGKONG
VET

Quote:
Originally Posted by liftsiron View Post
CONCLUSIONS: GH administration stimulated peripheral T4 to T3 conversion in a dose-dependent manner. Serum T3 levels were subnormal despite T4 substitution when the patients were off GH but normalized with GH therapy. Energy expenditure increased with GH and correlated with free T3 levels. GH caused a significant blunting of serum TSH. These findings suggest that GH plays a distinct role in the physiological regulation of thyroid function in general, and of peripheral T4 metabolism in particular.

The study says hgh increases conversion of T4 to T3. What I was saying why not just take T3 in the first place as I see no increased benefit of taking T4 only to have it convert to T3.
So the whole debate got started with Anthony Roberts back in like 2006 I think. I cannot find a link that is not from another board. He actually addresses the whole “why not just take t3”. His claims are that t4 actually cause GH to work better. Long article.
Old 12-11-2018, 12:27 PM   #7
liftsiron
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by GFKINGKONG View Post
So the whole debate got started with Anthony Roberts back in like 2006 I think. I cannot find a link that is not from another board. He actually addresses the whole “why not just take t3”. His claims are that t4 actually cause GH to work better. Long article.
Very often, Anthony Roberts aka Hooker is off the mark IMO, he is a good writer with an English degree but often appears to not fully understand the science he's writing about. Now taking T4 would not be a bad thing to do on hgh, I just don't see where it would be better than T3.
Old 12-11-2018, 03:41 PM   #8
GFKINGKONG
VET

Quote:
Originally Posted by liftsiron View Post
Very often, Anthony Roberts aka Hooker is off the mark IMO, he is a good writer with an English degree but often appears to not fully understand the science he's writing about. Now taking T4 would not be a bad thing to do on hgh, I just don't see where it would be better than T3.
And that is my thoughts as well, its just when other knowledgeable people get involved and back the argument one way or another that I start wondering. The original link was one of those which is why I posted with the question.
Old 12-11-2018, 03:50 PM   #9
Glycomann

I don't get the fat burning. This is all my bro science but... Maybe the binding globulins increase on GH and the free T3 is not available? If TSH decreases with GH treatment then eventually the T3/T4 will also decrease. So why not add in a little T3 and saturate the binding globulins making more T3 available? only about 1/2 % of T3/T4 are floating freely in the tissues/blood. It seems ticking the T3 up a tab would help, like 20 mcg or 40 mcg tops. You also get an increase in reverse T3, which is like negative T3 in that it downgrades metabolism. So lots of factors in play.

just thinking out load.

Last edited by Glycomann; 12-11-2018 at 03:57 PM..
Old 02-27-2019, 04:02 AM   #10
jrod

jrod will become famous soon enough
https://www.restartmed.com/cytomel-weight-loss/
jrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2019, 01:49 PM   #11
Kluso
Vet

Kluso has a spectacular aura aboutKluso has a spectacular aura aboutKluso has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glycomann View Post
I don't get the fat burning. This is all my bro science but... Maybe the binding globulins increase on GH and the free T3 is not available? If TSH decreases with GH treatment then eventually the T3/T4 will also decrease. So why not add in a little T3 and saturate the binding globulins making more T3 available? only about 1/2 % of T3/T4 are floating freely in the tissues/blood. It seems ticking the T3 up a tab would help, like 20 mcg or 40 mcg tops. You also get an increase in reverse T3, which is like negative T3 in that it downgrades metabolism. So lots of factors in play.

just thinking out load.
This is my understanding too. T4 should never be used imo unless needed and prescribed by Dr. there is a chance t4 can convert to rT3 if you take too much. And no way to know if it’s too much unless you are doing bloodtest to dial it in. Fuck all that. Just stick with T3 imo.
Kluso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2019, 01:56 PM   #12
Kluso
Vet

Kluso has a spectacular aura aboutKluso has a spectacular aura aboutKluso has a spectacular aura about
I vaguely remember a study showing T3 affected GH negatively but T4 didn’t. From what I recall real life experience showed T3 did not negatively affect HGH suplimentation. And T4 did not enhance HGH either.
Old 02-27-2019, 06:38 PM   #13
Tat2dluvchylde
VET

Tat2dluvchylde is on a distinguished road
So i'll chime in with my experience so far. I've never included T3 in any cycle or during a b/c until now. Started off with 25mcg, increased weekly to 100mcg. so far I love it!

I'm currently on 500mg Test E, 200mg Tren A, 600mg DHB, 50mg of Var split 12.5 4x a day, and 3iu of HGH. I run TRT with HGH year round. I upped the Test from TRT when I added the Tren 6 weeks ago and added in the T3. While I definitely feel flat. My strength is still way up and I've lost almost 20lbs. I've never dropped weight so fast while running these same compounds and HGH. I'm also not a fan of Var as I get headaches from it and i definitely get sore nips from it for some odd reason but now that i'm taking small doses of it i'm good at 50mg a day. My goals are to have solid shape for someone who is 5'4 and be about 185-190.I naturally have big shoulders and quads but lack that thin skinned veiny look that i desire in the worst way. I'm currently 204 and 53 years old
Tat2dluvchylde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2019, 01:46 PM   #14
Kluso
Vet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tat2dluvchylde View Post
So i'll chime in with my experience so far. I've never included T3 in any cycle or during a b/c until now. Started off with 25mcg, increased weekly to 100mcg. so far I love it!

I'm currently on 500mg Test E, 200mg Tren A, 600mg DHB, 50mg of Var split 12.5 4x a day, and 3iu of HGH. I run TRT with HGH year round. I upped the Test from TRT when I added the Tren 6 weeks ago and added in the T3. While I definitely feel flat. My strength is still way up and I've lost almost 20lbs. I've never dropped weight so fast while running these same compounds and HGH. I'm also not a fan of Var as I get headaches from it and i definitely get sore nips from it for some odd reason but now that i'm taking small doses of it i'm good at 50mg a day. My goals are to have solid shape for someone who is 5'4 and be about 185-190.I naturally have big shoulders and quads but lack that thin skinned veiny look that i desire in the worst way. I'm currently 204 and 53 years old
That’s awsome Tat2! I bet u will look like a new man next time I see you. (Football Season wink wink)