Peak-Muscle.com  

Welcome to the Peak-Muscle.com forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. Come join us in on one of the best online fitness communities. We have 16,000 members that are likeminded towards a fitness, bodybuilding lifestyle. Registration is free and only takes but a few minutes. By joining our free community you will have access to communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. You will be able to create threads to discuss and or create a fitness regimen. Or just bounce ideas off of some very knowledgeable members. So don't miss out. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Peak-Muscle.com > Anabolic Steroid Discussion > Anabolic Steroids
User Name
Password

Old 11-09-2018, 03:40 PM   #1
synaptik

synaptik is on a distinguished road
First Timer Winstrol-only (oral) cycle

What would be a good daily dose of oral Winstrol for me? Here's my situation...

I'm in very good, though definitely not "peak" shape. Not a bodybuilder, but I lift daily. Play soccer a lot, also. My main goals at the moment are to increase overall strength and drop body fat percentage (currently I'm at about 15%). I'm in my mid 30s.

I'm about to try AAS more as an experiment than anything else. Definitely not planning to do it much in the future. This may be the only time I ever do it--who knows.

I'm planning to take oral Winstrol for 3-4 weeks, followed by Nolvadex PCT for 2-3 weeks. Originally, I was planning to take 50 mg/day of Winstrol, but I'm questioning whether that's the right dose for me at this point.

In William Llewellyn's "Anabolics", the author presents a set of sample cycles. For Winstrol, there are two samples. The first is 6 weeks at 8, 8, 10, 10, 10, 10 mg/day. The second is 6 weeks at 20, 20, 25, 25, 25, 25 mg/day. However, these seems pretty low compared to what I see on forums (e.g. 40-80mg/day).

What do you think: 10 mg/day? 25 mg/day? 50 mg/day? Where should I start, given that I'm a beginner, that I'm *not* a bodybuilder proper, and given that I play soccer a fair amount?
synaptik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2018, 04:52 PM   #2
A1food4u

Sorry I don't have an answer for you, never whinnied myself... Just wanted you to know your thread is being read...

Current weight and height?

Someone who can answer will chime in
Old 11-09-2018, 05:04 PM   #3
synaptik

Thanks for the response, A1food4u.

I'm 5'10" and I weigh 188 lbs.
Old 11-09-2018, 07:29 PM   #4
Snakeman
VET

Snakeman is on a distinguished road
This do sound like very low doses, like female doses... I always heard and went by 50-100mg a day.

I and a lot of people I have spoken to report joint stiffness and pain due to winstrol. Something about drying up the joints but that sounds like bro science to me. I did get stiff though.
I'm not a fan of oral only cycles. If it shuts down your natural test levels even a little then imo it would be counter productive. Meaning normal test levels would be better for results than low test levels with a little winstrol. IF I was dead set on oral only, I would have chosen anavar instead of winnie.
Sorry if I'm off track.

I would do 50mg a day and see how it goes. Let us know what you decide and how it works for you
Snakeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2018, 07:56 PM   #5
synaptik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snakeman View Post
IF I was dead set on oral only, I would have chosen anavar instead of winnie.
Sorry if I'm off track.

I would do 50mg a day and see how it goes. Let us know what you decide and how it works for you
Thanks. I'll probably go ahead with the 50 mg/day, like you and so many others elsewhere suggest. I think I mainly went with Winstrol this first time because I knew that sprinters had used it with great success historically, and that means it ought to go well with my frequent soccer playing. That was was thinking, at least.

Next time, if there is a next time, maybe I'll go Anavar, or Test+Winstrol. In any case, I'll definitely be reporting how things go here.

Also, presumably I could drop from 50 down to 25 mg/day if I find that my joint are in too much pain. (Right?)
Old 11-09-2018, 09:03 PM   #6
Snakeman
VET

Snakeman is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by synaptik View Post
Thanks. I'll probably go ahead with the 50 mg/day, like you and so many others elsewhere suggest. I think I mainly went with Winstrol this first time because I knew that sprinters had used it with great success historically, and that means it ought to go well with my frequent soccer playing. That was was thinking, at least.

Next time, if there is a next time, maybe I'll go Anavar, or Test+Winstrol. In any case, I'll definitely be reporting how things go here.

Also, presumably I could drop from 50 down to 25 mg/day if I find that my joint are in too much pain. (Right?)
Sure you could. I always went from 50 to 100 because I wasnt gettingdesired effects though. Lol
Snakeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2018, 09:58 PM   #7
Glycomann

When I was competing in martial arts in the late 80s and early 90s I used only 15 - 16 mg a day of stromba, or Winstrol V. Both were stanozolol. That was enought to get my goals accomplished. Note it was pharma grade so you dose may differ. From my experience winstro these days is dirtier and weaker which means today more joint pain and the need for higer doses. I would guess start with 20 mg a day and go from there judging every 3 weeks.
Old 11-10-2018, 07:32 AM   #8
liftsiron
Administrator

liftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant future
Quote:
This do sound like very low doses, like female doses... I always heard and went by 50-100mg a day.

I and a lot of people I have spoken to report joint stiffness and pain due to winstrol. Something about drying up the joints but that sounds like bro science to me. I did get stiff though.
I'm not a fan of oral only cycles. If it shuts down your natural test levels even a little then imo it would be counter productive. Meaning normal test levels would be better for results than low test levels with a little winstrol. IF I was dead set on oral only, I would have chosen anavar instead of winnie.
Sorry if I'm off track.

I would think 40-50mgs a day. Winstrol can temporarily increase type II collagen which is thick and brittle this is what causes joint pain in prolonged winnie use. IMO anavar would be a much better choice for you.
Old 11-10-2018, 09:30 AM   #9
b52

b52 is a splendid one to beholdb52 is a splendid one to beholdb52 is a splendid one to beholdb52 is a splendid one to beholdb52 is a splendid one to beholdb52 is a splendid one to beholdb52 is a splendid one to behold
Never done winny, but I'd suggest running test with anything you're going to run. Agree with the others that anavar might be a better option.
b52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2018, 10:07 AM   #10
synaptik

Quote:
Originally Posted by liftsiron View Post
... joint pain in prolonged winnie use. IMO anavar would be a much better choice for you.
Thank you. Due to traveling and other logistical issues, this first-timer cycle will necessarily be only 3 weeks. Hopefully the shortness of this cycle will help to avoid joint pain.
Old 11-10-2018, 10:10 AM   #11
synaptik

Quote:
Originally Posted by b52 View Post
Never done winny, but I'd suggest running test with anything you're going to run. Agree with the others that anavar might be a better option.
Thanks, will definitely think hard about anavar for any future cycles. One of the main reasons I decided to go for a primarily cutting/lean-mass AAS like Winstrol, and not stack it with test, is that I don't want to gain a lot of volume. But maybe I'm totally wrong in my thinking on this point.
Old 11-10-2018, 10:38 AM   #12
Jolter
VET

Jolter is on a distinguished road
I would at least add 250mg test a week. You would get way more out of it. This is scientifically proven. With out test you are lacking so many important test benefits. Winny will shut you down. Do 10 weeks 250mg test and 4 to 5 weeks 50mg winny. If you are looking to add size take tye winny first. If you are looking for shreds wait until end so your last pinn would be your last daily intake. Or backloading the oral. I know some guys who time it so there last pill is days before pct.
For pct i would
Nolva 40/20/20/20/20
Clomid 75/50/50/50/50
Should he efficient for these doses.
Jolter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2018, 11:51 AM   #13
b52

b52 is a splendid one to beholdb52 is a splendid one to beholdb52 is a splendid one to beholdb52 is a splendid one to beholdb52 is a splendid one to beholdb52 is a splendid one to beholdb52 is a splendid one to behold
Red face

Quote:
Thanks, will definitely think hard about anavar for any future cycles. One of the main reasons I decided to go for a primarily cutting/lean-mass AAS like Winstrol, and not stack it with test, is that I don't want to gain a lot of volume. But maybe I'm totally wrong in my thinking on this point.
Everyone thinks they're gonna get huge and blow up. This is so far from the truth. Oral only imo is a huge waste of time with little to no benefit. If you're shutting your natural test down you need something to replace it. Like jolter said you should do at least 250mg of test a week. And then take the winny on top of that but it's your choice. I wouldn't recommend oral only
b52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2018, 01:15 PM   #14
Glycomann

Quote:

It's better to go the other way around. Start lower end to feel it out and go from there.
Old 11-10-2018, 02:10 PM   #15
Glycomann

Quote:

Sorry if I'm off track.

Winstrolis used in hereditary angioedema which is a disease of extreme edema. Winstrol works because it increases expression of C1 esterase inhibitor. What that does is basically tamp down the bradykinin pathways which sort of tightens the extracellular compartments from holding water. That's why you look so sharp on winstrol. It actually repartitions water adn part of that can impact the joints leading to joint stiffness. It seems to be individual specific. When I used it when I was young I didn't have joint pain. Now I expect joint pain if I use it.