Peak-Muscle.com  

Welcome to the Peak-Muscle.com forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. Come join us in on one of the best online fitness communities. We have 16,000 members that are likeminded towards a fitness, bodybuilding lifestyle. Registration is free and only takes but a few minutes. By joining our free community you will have access to communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. You will be able to create threads to discuss and or create a fitness regimen. Or just bounce ideas off of some very knowledgeable members. So don't miss out. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Peak-Muscle.com > Anabolic Steroid Discussion > Anabolic Steroids
User Name
Password

Old 11-27-2018, 10:50 PM   #1
Glycomann

Just pondering about AAS

Sometimes it just pops in my head that these things can be so unhealthy. They were invented to overcome debilitated states. I remember my first few cyclesI pretty much felt super human like I was in a higher state of health than normal. I could train longer and still had great stamina, never got sore, grew new muscle. Then again I used small doses way back when. 500 mg/wk was a lot back then. 250 mg/w EQ was a cycle. A shot of deca/wk and 3 Dianabol a day was a cycle. A Sustanon a week was a cycle. 300 5 gm Stromba was a cycle.

Back then I was working a labor job, lifting 5 days a week and in the dojo at least 3 days a week. Without my little cycles I was stringy and overtrained. With my little cycles I was pretty much impervious. Maybe that's the way to use these things unless you want to put on 100 lbs of mass and turn blue climbing 3 flights.

I texted the dojo tonight. Maybe it's time for sore knees and low doses again.
Old 11-27-2018, 11:24 PM   #2
Darkness

Darkness has a brilliant futureDarkness has a brilliant futureDarkness has a brilliant futureDarkness has a brilliant futureDarkness has a brilliant futureDarkness has a brilliant futureDarkness has a brilliant futureDarkness has a brilliant futureDarkness has a brilliant futureDarkness has a brilliant futureDarkness has a brilliant future
I’ve gained 12 lbs in the last two weeks and look like I’ve gained 25. Added some ghrp2 to the existing and endless testosterone. Maybe that’s a better idea every once in a while than throwing 2 grams in.
Darkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2018, 07:22 AM   #3
krustus
VET

krustus will become famous soon enoughkrustus will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Maybe that's the way to use these things unless you want to put on 100 lbs of mass and turn blue climbing 3 flights
i agree with this totally.. i'm 50 and been using for about 8 years or so... i've never ran a big cycle for those same health concerns.. and i never see my self competing so the risk reward is not there for me.... i guess if i had the genes early in my life to go pro maybe it would be worth it...

but i see it like this.. if i had the DIDN'T have the athletic ability to be a pro football.. and just went through all the practices and workouts just to get beat up.. lol..
krustus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2018, 08:00 AM   #4
Glycomann

As I grow older I find myself pondering more my health and what I want out of the physical side of my life. At this point I pretty much have put myself into a position that I will need a little shot of test every 7 to 10 days with whatever ancillaries necessary. So at 57, like me, I guess that might be the situation for at least 30% of men my age if they were interested in having androgens and avoiding metabolic syndrome, diabetes and heart disease. So I guess I shouldn't fret too much about it. The men in my family on my father's side did not take care of their health and were dead at 53, 55 and 70. The grandfather passed at 76 but smoked 5 packs of Lucky Strikes a day into his mid 50s and died of lung cancer. One uncle died of pancreatic cancer and 2 from heart disease related to high blood pressure and one with advanced atherosclerosis and the other with clean arteries but CHF from life long hypertension.

So I have been watching my BP pretty closely for the last 10 years and it does go up with AAS use and other factors like caffeine etc. When my blood volume goes up I have crap cardio fitness so I try to keep hematocrit at 50 or lower.

When do I feel best: When I am doing something athletic and on absolute minimum testosterone. I wish I could go completely off testosterone because that is when I felt best as far as energy and cardio fitness. I can do something athletic and my stamina increases. Of course I look shit and am 10 - 15 % weaker. I feel best at a BW of 200 or lower. I would probably feel even better at 185.

When I feel worst: When I am on a a gram or more gear and weight between 215 and 230. I have looked pretty great at 215 but feel shit. Crap stamina, high hematocrit but strong as hell.

If I was smart I would do more cardiovascular based exercise with less weight training and get my weight down to a lean fit 185 - 190. Any PED use should be restorative rather than tissue enhancing. Will I be smart? hard to tell...
Old 11-28-2018, 09:56 AM   #5
krustus
VET

krustus will become famous soon enoughkrustus will become famous soon enough
you're insights are great.. i try to stay under 200lbs.. 125mg of test a week.. but i need to do more cardio work... just trying to not look and feel too old
krustus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2018, 02:24 PM   #6
Dakota
VET

Dakota is a name known to allDakota is a name known to allDakota is a name known to allDakota is a name known to allDakota is a name known to allDakota is a name known to all
We change attitudes a bit when we hit 50. I now recognize I am mortal. Shy of 5'8" I once walked around at over 220 and 10% bf. As I got older the extra weight was too much. I also fell away from the iron for a long while while divorcing (and drinking) and got fat. Now I have incredibly (for me) cut all the way down to 178 while on trt, and then started gh, igf lr3 and mild test at about 450/week. I am loving my current gains. I don't know that I have ever been this dense and hard in my life. I have some great quality gear and it is showing. I have gained 4 lbs of absolute quality muscle and am up to 182. Seeking 190 and as low as I can get my bf. I am so hard right now injecting is like pushing through scar tissue. I don't know if I should credit the pharm gh, the research grade igf or quality test. Maybe all three. I am a very happy ironhead right now. My guns are only 18s but hey, I think I look better that when they were 19. Hopefully with age brings wisdom.
Old 11-28-2018, 05:28 PM   #7
Big B
Banned

Big B is just really niceBig B is just really niceBig B is just really niceBig B is just really niceBig B is just really nice
I just turned 42 and at best shape of my life at heavier weight. I'm not as lean as I want to be which is why I just added hgh this week to try to stay no higher than 10% bf. I'm about 12% now, 246.5lb in the mornings and abs not as visible. I always wanted a O Hearn type physique (sorry Dawg, I know you dislike him). Yeah, he's like 5% bf. I try to do it healthiest possible. I do believe we should do what makes us happy in this already short life
Big B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2018, 06:58 AM   #8
b52

b52 is a splendid one to beholdb52 is a splendid one to beholdb52 is a splendid one to beholdb52 is a splendid one to beholdb52 is a splendid one to beholdb52 is a splendid one to beholdb52 is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big B View Post
I just turned 42 and at best shape of my life at heavier weight. I'm not as lean as I want to be which is why I just added hgh this week to try to stay no higher than 10% bf. I'm about 12% now, 246.5lb in the mornings and abs not as visible. I always wanted a O Hearn type physique (sorry Dawg, I know you dislike him). Yeah, he's like 5% bf. I try to do it healthiest possible. I do believe we should do what makes us happy in this already short life
I'm always at a crossroads. I enjoy the ride but I don't like taking aas. I look at it as a tool that is a necessary evil if you stay in this game. Especially if you want to get to the next point. It makes me happy but I wish I could be the same not taking anything. I'm just happier this way. Something I struggle with.
b52 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2018, 07:31 AM   #9
Big B
Banned

Big B is just really niceBig B is just really niceBig B is just really niceBig B is just really niceBig B is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by b52 View Post
I'm always at a crossroads. I enjoy the ride but I don't like taking aas. I look at it as a tool that is a necessary evil if you stay in this game. Especially if you want to get to the next point. It makes me happy but I wish I could be the same not taking anything. I'm just happier this way. Something I struggle with.
Completely understand, brother. If you and I were to be the same without it, wouldn't we wanna take it to beat Rhoden and Phil??? Haha, I would. Just 2-3 years of quarter million winning of the O and millions in sponsorships. We would be set for life and go easy on AAS afterwards. Being realistic, I just keep dosages from going out of whack, cruise for awhile to normalize the body some and eat healthiest possible. Isn't there an article here somewhere stating how low dosages of test prove to extend life capacity in men? I don't know but I wouldn't fall in the category but also wouldn't fall in the abuse category either...
Big B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2018, 08:21 AM   #10
Glycomann

Well look at it this way. After a 16 week cycle you are probably going to agree that your body feels taxed and lethargic. It you are in denial about this you are probably caught in the drug's influence. Now multiply the effects of that stress times 25 cycle: blast and cruise or on and off or whatever. So 10-15 years down the road all that damage has accumulated. Now go 20-25 year and think of the accumulated damage even it is small. The heart enlargement, the kidney strain, the digestive issues from all those meals, the joint issues from all that heavy weight, the alteration of brain chemistry over and over and over, the destruction of the normal endocrine system. Go off for a year after blast and cruise fo a couple years and see what happens. Even if you recover there is going to be a crash and a year of misery. So what is the solution after a decade or more of this stuff.

I don't know the answer. What I see is a lot of guys just keep going til the wheels fall off. Other guys go to TRT. Still other guys do a TRT with mild cycles mixed in. A 50 year old man that jumps on 2+ grams a week for extended cycles is either in denial or an outlier that handles this stuff without damage.
Old 11-29-2018, 08:37 AM   #11
millenium girl

millenium girl is a name known to allmillenium girl is a name known to allmillenium girl is a name known to allmillenium girl is a name known to allmillenium girl is a name known to allmillenium girl is a name known to all
My main concern being my health I decided more than 10 years ago to stay natural. The only chemical that I started taking again is DHEA.

Lol at turning blue climbing 3 flights ....
millenium girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2018, 08:43 PM   #12
chicken_hawk
VET

chicken_hawk has a spectacular aura aboutchicken_hawk has a spectacular aura about
I am agreement about a change in priorities. I am willing to take a small health risk, but honestly I did not like how higher doses made me feel. I gained a ton of muscle but life sucked. My training would often suffer, sex life tiening shoes and just breathing.

I'm still a bigger dude, but on less than half of gear I onced used. And the dbol and drop are out and primo and var are in. I also think it's good to challenge ourselves in new ways of staying active or even providing new motivation to train.

Hawk
chicken_hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2018, 09:11 PM   #13
b52

b52 is a splendid one to beholdb52 is a splendid one to beholdb52 is a splendid one to beholdb52 is a splendid one to beholdb52 is a splendid one to beholdb52 is a splendid one to beholdb52 is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big B View Post
Completely understand, brother. If you and I were to be the same without it, wouldn't we wanna take it to beat Rhoden and Phil??? Haha, I would. Just 2-3 years of quarter million winning of the O and millions in sponsorships. We would be set for life and go easy on AAS afterwards. Being realistic, I just keep dosages from going out of whack, cruise for awhile to normalize the body some and eat healthiest possible. Isn't there an article here somewhere stating how low dosages of test prove to extend life capacity in men? I don't know but I wouldn't fall in the category but also wouldn't fall in the abuse category either...
I just dropped my doses the other day. Was running about 800mg test of prop and cyp. 150 tren eod. I decided to drop tren back down to 100 not because of side effects or anything but just the fact I know it is harsher than the others. Test I figured about 600mg is plenty for me and dropped the cyp. I asked myself what the hell I was trying to accomplish and realized I don't need the higher dose. Although now I know I can handle a higher tren dose. But it's gotta be doing some damage do I lowered it.
b52 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2018, 09:38 PM   #14
Glycomann

First judo workout in about 2 years tonight. 1/2 hour into ground work and I was totally gassed. I was giving away 30 years to the last guy I went with. I got 2 pins on him and an arm lock and then I could barely breath. I basically had to lay back and defend. I am seriously wondering if I can get some stamina back. The last 10 years seems like the AAS has killed my stamina and I am only on TRT right now and for 15 week now. I'm still turning red and feels like my crit is still high. I might cut my TRT so it leaves me at 600 ng/dL and see if that helps if things don't turn around in a month. I'm weighing between 205 and 210. I feel I need to be 185 and that would help. I've got a little jiggle to loose.

Last edited by Glycomann; 11-29-2018 at 09:42 PM..
Old 11-29-2018, 11:48 PM   #15
Dakota
VET

Dakota is a name known to allDakota is a name known to allDakota is a name known to allDakota is a name known to allDakota is a name known to allDakota is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glycomann View Post
First judo workout in about 2 years tonight. 1/2 hour into ground work and I was totally gassed. I was giving away 30 years to the last guy I went with. I got 2 pins on him and an arm lock and then I could barely breath. I basically had to lay back and defend. I am seriously wondering if I can get some stamina back. The last 10 years seems like the AAS has killed my stamina and I am only on TRT right now and for 15 week now. I'm still turning red and feels like my crit is still high. I might cut my TRT so it leaves me at 600 ng/dL and see if that helps if things don't turn around in a month. I'm weighing between 205 and 210. I feel I need to be 185 and that would help. I've got a little jiggle to loose.

I cut way down and feel much better. You and I are close in age. It is hard psychologically to do it. You spend you whole life think "big" is the ultimate. I have 18 inch arms for the first time since I was a punk. Not easy to let your size go but I am glad I did. I even had a lesbian friend tell me how great I looked smaller and leaner.

I studied Judo for years and considered Jujitsu lately but I don't know. I knew I would have to cut a lot of weight, I have I may give it a whirl. You inspire me that you had the guts to do it Gman