X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Big B
    Banned
    • Jan 2016

Originally posted by chicken_hawk
    I am agreement about a change in priorities. I am willing to take a small health risk, but honestly I did not like how higher doses made me feel. I gained a ton of muscle but life sucked. My training would often suffer, sex life tiening shoes and just breathing.

I'm still a bigger dude, but on less than half of gear I onced used. And the dbol and drop are out and primo and var are in. I also think it's good to challenge ourselves in new ways of staying active or even providing new motivation to train.

Hawk
    Same here brother...

Comment

• Glycomann

Originally posted by Dakota
      I cut way down and feel much better. You and I are close in age. It is hard psychologically to do it. You spend you whole life think "big" is the ultimate. I have 18 inch arms for the first time since I was a punk. Not easy to let your size go but I am glad I did. I even had a lesbian friend tell me how great I looked smaller and leaner.

I studied Judo for years and considered Jujitsu lately but I don't know. I knew I would have to cut a lot of weight, I have I may give it a whirl. You inspire me that you had the guts to do it Gman
      Well in the end how much of that size is functional? You were probably a better fighter at 180 than 220. I use to kind of chuckle at the juiced up 230 lb gas monkeys that gassed out in 3 minutes. Now I sort of turned into one.

Comment

• Big B
        Banned
        • Jan 2016

Originally posted by Glycomann
        Well in the end how much of that size is functional? You were probably a better fighter at 180 than 220. I use to kind of chuckle at the juiced up 230 lb gas monkeys that gassed out in 3 minutes. Now I sort of turned into one.
        Yeah, that's me brother. I used to boxed. Then getting past 2nd round was rough. Now, within a min unless I just bounce around and no punch, I'll be good reaching a minute

Comment

• Woobs47
          VET
          • Apr 2018

I think it’s imperitive is older guys get labs done and watch your BP. I have found that I can cruise on 250-500 mg test a week while still keeping my stats in healthy range.

Also we need to watch for too high red blood cell count which could lead to hogh BP and blood clots that could end you...give blood religiously!

Comment

• krustus
            VET
            • Jan 2017

i've gotten under 200... average about 195... and feel much better.. really would love to get to 185-190.. but food is so good!!!!..lol.. fasting helps a lot since i tend to eat socially..with family and friends.. i've started to doing brisk 10-15 minute walks during work breaks (Stan Efferding).. hoping to get more wind back

Comment

• Dakota
              VET
              • Feb 2017

Originally posted by Woobs47
              I think it’s imperitive is older guys get labs done and watch your BP. I have found that I can cruise on 250-500 mg test a week while still keeping my stats in healthy range.

Also we need to watch for too high red blood cell count which could lead to hogh BP and blood clots that could end you...give blood religiously!
              Amen brother. Donating blood helps tremendously. I asked my Doctor about donating while on cycle and he said it is a non issue. Save some lives, someday you or a loved one might need the return favor.
              The older I get the better I used to be.

Comment

• Big B
                Banned
                • Jan 2016

Originally posted by krustus
                i've gotten under 200... average about 195... and feel much better.. really would love to get to 185-190.. but food is so good!!!!..lol.. fasting helps a lot since i tend to eat socially..with family and friends.. i've started to doing brisk 10-15 minute walks during work breaks (Stan Efferding).. hoping to get more wind back
                Yes sir. Been doing the 10 min walks after every meals for about 2 months now. It's great. Aids the digestive system...

Comment

• willsgotrythm
                  Vet
                  • Jul 2012

I am 48 now. I stopped running high doses of anything a couple years ago. Shortly after that I had problems with my shoulder. I basically stopped training because of it. I had surgery about 4 months ago. It still hurts but I'm back in the gym and coming back slowly to normal. I've been on scripted TRT for almost a full year now, 200mgs a week. When I was totally off of everything I felt like shit, couldnt even walk from a good ways out in the parking lot at lowes to the back of the store with out getting winded. The TRT has gotten me back to where I was before I stopped my self scripted TRT. I just still feel like something is missing

I just got bloodwork for my new primary care doc and all of my numbers are good except for bad cholesterol is high and vitamin D3 is low. A chest xray showed that my heart is normal size with normal structures and no real damage or defromities. It also showed arthritis in my spine right behind my heart. It almost seems to me that the doctor can choose which scale they want to use for the bloodwork just so it blends in with whatever BS they are feeding you.

The doc scripted me a cholesterol pill but I guess they never called it in. According to another scale my bad cholesterol is within range but high normal so I'm not going to call them about it. I need to find a doctor who is willing to personalize the care more instead of just throwing a pill at everything.

Jeeze this got longer than I expected!! I have changed my thoughts on being big too. I am now hovering around the high 190's and the low 200's in weight, which I dont mind. I've lost a lot of fat. One guy at the gym even called me skinny the other day and I was thinking I'm not that skinny but I didnt mind the comment either. In my early 20's I WAS skinny and I hated being called skinny...lol Going forward I think I still need to train hard but as far as PED's I'll just do some dbol once in a while and mybe some var too on top of my normal TRT. I still have some tren so I might run that out in about 6 months after my shoulder is better, just for one last hoorah but that's about it....

Comment

• Dakota
                    VET
                    • Feb 2017

Without a doubt. At my age I would have to compete as light as possible so as not to gas. I could easily cut to 181 division masters even if I get back up to a hard 190. I don't fear the hard work, I fear injury. I have to be realistic with the up side/down side. I think there is just too much risk of injury being away for so long. I am way the hell too competitive not to go all in and the trouble would likely be waiting there. I gotta give you props brother!

Comment

• Glycomann

Without a doubt. At my age I would have to compete as light as possible so as not to gas. I could easily cut to 181 division masters even if I get back up to a hard 190. I don't fear the hard work, I fear injury. I have to be realistic with the up side/down side. I think there is just too much risk of injury being away for so long. I am way the hell too competitive not to go all in and the trouble would likely be waiting there. I gotta give you props brother!
                      The rules have changed a lot. You cannot touch below the waist while standing. So no leg picks, no tae guruma etc. Grip fighting has changed dramatically. No two hands on one. Lots of changes. My competition days are over but even in the dojo the younger guys get upset if you use and of the old techniques even the ones that founder jigoro kano invented. I would like to get back into shape and stay relatively injury free.

Lots of benefits. You get a mood elevation. Joints thicken. Body hardens. Bloodwork come back pristine. The body tends to round out in certain ways. Legs and hips change shape. Hamstrings thicken. Neck thickens and some arthritic changes seem to disappear there. Abdominals, saratus etc in the core and low back Harden. Normal daily movement becomes more athletic. Small amounts of PEDs work wonders. Lots of benefits.

Comment

• krustus
                        VET
                        • Jan 2017

glycomann.. what do you think of 25-50mg of proviron daily on top of 125-150mg of test weekly for trt year round...

i get such a libido boost from proviron...and seems mood is better too

Comment

• Dakota
                          VET
                          • Feb 2017

The rules have changed a lot. You cannot touch below the waist while standing. So no leg picks, no tae guruma etc. Grip fighting has changed dramatically. No two hands on one. Lots of changes. My competition days are over but even in the dojo the younger guys get upset if you use and of the old techniques even the ones that founder jigoro kano invented. I would like to get back into shape and stay relatively injury free.

Lots of benefits. You get a mood elevation. Joints thicken. Body hardens. Bloodwork come back pristine. The body tends to round out in certain ways. Legs and hips change shape. Hamstrings thicken. Neck thickens and some arthritic changes seem to disappear there. Abdominals, saratus etc in the core and low back Harden. Normal daily movement becomes more athletic. Small amounts of PEDs work wonders. Lots of benefits.
                          What was the point of the rule changes? No two on one? wtf? If you remove tools from the tool box your are changing the game. Is nothing sacred? Not even martial arts? Judo and Jujitsu changed my life. Disappointing.

Comment

• Dawgpound_Hank

At 55 I still bust it as hard as I did 25 years ago with the iron. I leave it all in the gym. Other than a bum shoulder, I'm gtg on everything else. The weights I use for legs, back and arms are still up there with my best ever (thank GOD). The BIG diff is, back in the day I could kill the iron, go work 8-12 hrs on a physical job, go out drinking, sleep 4 hours and do it all again. Nowdays, after a leg workout, I'm pretty much spent for the day. Every workout I have to go home and take an hour nap from complete exhaustion. But I'm blessed, bcoz I've had my share of lumbar issues in the past, and no rc, elbow or knee issue can compare to a fukked up back. When the back is jacked, you can do literally nothing, so. End of the say, age is a mutherf@#$er, but I'm fighting hat bitch with everything I got. I truly believe lifting is the closest thing to having a fountain of youth.

Regarding gear, I feel like most of you old fukkers - no big cycles. Usually just test only around 350-500mg ew, or sometimes one other compound added in if I have it - like some var, tbol or mast. I tried deca recently with test, but unlike in years past, the pecker didnt like it after about 5 weeks in, so dropped it. I rarely run more than 2 compounds at once. Of course if I have some GH on hand, throw that in around 2-3iu 5x ew. Previous to this past year I always came off 100% with pct. This year I started running trt doses between my small cycles. Usually 10-12 weeks on, then the same with trt (150mg ew). It's made a huge diff from a physcial standpoint - no more 10 steps forward & 9 steps back. On cycle I usually hover around 250-254, on trt I drop down to around 242-244, and look leaner bcoz of some water loss. In past, after pct I would start feeling like a 12 y.o girl, no energy, major strength loss, gain fat and drop down to 232-234.

Comment

• Glycomann

Originally posted by krustus
                              glycomann.. what do you think of 25-50mg of proviron daily on top of 125-150mg of test weekly for trt year round...

i get such a libido boost from proviron...and seems mood is better too
                              I know some guys like it. I'm a little leery about adding stuff year around. My crit keeps creeping up. I might need a complete reset soon.

Comment

• Glycomann

What was the point of the rule changes? No two on one? wtf? If you remove tools from the tool box your are changing the game. Is nothing sacred? Not even martial arts? Judo and Jujitsu changed my life. Disappointing.
                                I know tell me about it. There are some ways to can fudge it. Some new rules just came out. They actually got a litany bit better. A couple of them about cranking on a leg while applying shimiwaza. Some of it I can see because it really toques the spine. Here are the new ones.

There is some talk about going further backward closer to traditional. If it was me I would even cage the scoring back to ipon and wazari only. That's how it was when I started way back.

Comment

Working...