Question about weight loss!!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • chrissy

Question about weight loss!!

Ok I'm extremely fustrated!!!! I'm eating clean everyday, I'm doing cardio 60-120 min everyday plus My girlfriend and I take the kids on walks every morning during the week. I have only lost 8lbs!! for the last week I haven't lost anything!!!! I feel great and can even run now on the treadmill, my clothes aren't getting bigger oe fitting defferent, I really haven't lost any inches....I'm confused and fustrated!!!!!!!!!! Help!

My diet is like this:

Breakfast: Oatmeal( weight control) 1 pkg

Snack on walk: 1 Apple, cottage cheese, rice cakes.

Lunch: 1 can of tuna with fat free mayo, 2 cups green salad, I cup brown rice.

Snack while waiting for the girls to get out of school: 1 pear, 1 nutrigrain mini's pkg, 1 cup cottage cheese.

Dinner: 6oz Lean meat( chicken or fish) 1 cup brown rice and broccolli, and a green salad.

OK pick it appart guys.
    Thanks
  • Sadie

you actually arent eating enough.... i see 2 actual meals that have meat in it.. with 2 hours of cardio and all the walks and THAT much of a def on cal in vs out your body may be holding on to ever last calorie... whats ur height weight and approx body fat?

Comment

• chrissy

ok well I'm 5'6" and weight in at 260lbs this morning, I have no I dea what my body fat % is but its high.

Comment

• -JP-

You need more protein in the morning some eggs whites or a shake... And I only see cardio in your routine weight training is one of the most effective tools for weight loss. The more muscle you have the more calories you burn.

A simple 30-45 min wegith training coupled with interval cardio training and the weight will fly off. I am a big believer in interval training based cardio which is 1-2 minutes of intense(max effort full out sprint) cardio followed by 1-2 min of rest(a slow walk). Both weight training and interval training have been shown to raise metabolism for up to 48 hours after a session. I like to mix it up: 3 days a week I do interval cardio and 2 days a week I do 60-70% of my max heart rate for 45min(MHR = 220 - Age). 5 days a week I weight train.

Comment

• Sadie

im with jp on this. i would lower the carbs some and add more protein like egg whites or egg beaters i would also so less cardio and low intensity as well as adding weights. You really can do this and it will come. i lost quite a bit of weight a while back and it was with low carbs low cal protein cardio and weights

i started at 5'7 295 and im 125 now.. cardio diet weights will get you there

Comment

• rippedfreak
            Banned
            • Dec 2005

Originally posted by -JP-
            You need more protein in the morning some eggs whites or a shake... And I only see cardio in your routine weight training is one of the most effective tools for weight loss. The more muscle you have the more calories you burn.

A simple 30-45 min wegith training coupled with interval cardio training and the weight will fly off. I am a big believer in interval training based cardio which is 1-2 minutes of intense(max effort full out sprint) cardio followed by 1-2 min of rest(a slow walk). Both weight training and interval training have been shown to raise metabolism for up to 48 hours after a session. I like to mix it up: 3 days a week I do interval cardio and 2 days a week I do 60-70% of my max heart rate for 45min(MHR = 220 - Age). 5 days a week I weight train.

good info

Comment

• Domenic963

I'm absolutely NOT a firm believer that:

"weight training is one of the most effective tools for weight loss. The more muscle you have the more calories you burn."

All I do is fucking lift hard and yea I may never do cardio but my diet is clean enough that I should not be as fat as I am (yes I'm bitter).

I don't know my percentage but it's not me being nitpicky.
              I'm 5'10'' 325lbs (on cycle 4 weeks in) with a flabby belly but Hulk shoulders and back, tree trunk legs and pretty large arms (to the normal human).

I think for a 260 lb woman, that's bad advice to the extent that you said:

"the weight will fly off"

Weight doesn't fly off. Especially if an obese woman is weight training. IMO
              It doesn't HURT .. but FLYING off is definitely extreme.

Fat people shouldn't touch weights until they get some mounds of flesh off their body.

And I'm not sayin this to be mean,
              I'm sayin this bc I see trainers get these huge, fat, amateur clients on fucking lat pulldown,
              pulling down 65lbs .. FOR WHAT??????????

What is THAT going to do?????? Seriously.

Comment

• -JP-

Sorry Dom but I totally disagree with your assesment... So we are going to have to agree to disagree... Weight training properly with cardio and a diet will produce the best results over all in my opinion... I also believe that the weight will significantly drop quicker hence the terminology "fly off" using all three rather then just a basic cardio session which most people barely do correctly... You could do the same at 5'10 325lbs. Diet really does need to be perfect and interval training coupled with a high circuit workout(not bulk I am talking 30sec to a min rest) will do wonders...
                Originally posted by Domenic963
                yea I may never do cardio but my diet is clean enough
                (Diet is 80% of how we look so it needs to be perfect) Training for bulk with no cardio and a "clean enough diet" is not going to cut it nor is it an example of what I was talking about which is probably why we disagree. If you are trying to lean up I along with other great people here can help you but lets not highjack chrissy thread lets start another thread

Comment

• Sadie

dom i disagree.. i guarentee our ideas of a clean diet differ. cardio is also important..

i lost 145lbs in 7 months if that isnt fat "flying off" im not sure what it is and i did it with diet cardio and lifting. clean enough isnt GOOD enough end of story

Comment

• -JP-

Originally posted by Sadie
                    dom i disagree.. i guarentee our ideas of a clean diet differ. cardio is also important..

i lost 145lbs in 7 months if that isnt fat "flying off" im not sure what it is and i did it with diet cardio and lifting. clean enough isnt GOOD enough end of story
                    exactly what I was trying to say but you said it better with less words Thank you LOL

Comment

• Sadie

Originally posted by -JP-
                      exactly what I was trying to say but you said it better with less words Thank you LOL
                      hehe anytime

Comment

• J.Matrix
                        • Oct 2007

I agree w/JP and Sadie. Cardio is good and all, but best results come with #1 diet, #2 cardio, and #3 lifting. If you workout at a fast enough pace (like JP said, 30sec to a minute rest between sets) its like a mini-cardio workout. All 3 need to be utilized for the most effective form of fat loss IMO

Comment

• chrissy

ok so from what I've read...increase lean protein, cut carbs and cardio a little and start lifting weights.......

Comment

• J.Matrix
                            • Oct 2007

Originally posted by chrissy
                            ok so from what I've read...increase lean protein, cut carbs and cardio a little and start lifting weights.......
                            That would be a good place to start. I never do an hour of cardio, let alone two. Have you ever tried interval cardio? You can see some pretty great results with that at only 20-30 min. per session. As long as your diet is in check and you're doing 30 minutes-hour of lifting at a quicker pace too, you'll see some serious changes to your physique. Good luck!
                            Last edited by J.Matrix; 06-27-2008, 06:15 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

• -JP-

Originally posted by J.Matrix
                              That would be a good place to start. I never do an hour of cardio, let alone two. Have you ever tried interval cardio? You can see some pretty great results with that at only 20-30 min. per session. As long as your diet is in check and you're doing 30 minutes-hour of lifting at a quicker pace too, you'll see some serious changes to your physique. Good luck!
                              Exactly... Interval training is great at only 20-30min a session if you do it right you won't be able to go any longer you might even need to start out small and build your way into it... as for your weight training do you belong to a gym? or do you workout at home? Either way do circuit training. Short breaks inbetween sets and high volume keeping you heart beat up. Follow your diet with the added lean protein and whatever carbs you do eat keep them clean carbs(Ex. Sweet Potato etc). You will need to adjust your diet as your body changes.

Comment

Working...