Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • clutchitalian
    • Sep 2011

Originally posted by TheMuscleMan
    I have seen the vid of Ronnie doing like 2300lbs I think it was, also seen him doing walking lunges with 225lb like it was nothing. I do have some pretty big legs, I have a hard time buying jeans that fit because the dang thighs are all made for small guys. My old gym had 6- 100lb plates but the gym I go to now don't have any so its go get 45`s from across the gym. My wife helps me on heavy leg day loading and unloading the machine, it would take me an hour to load and unload it if I did it myself lol, huff and puff after every 2 plates lol. Plus at my old gym I tipped the leg press over on its side because I took too many plates off one side at once and it toppled over so I had to get two other big guys to help me put it back right, it wasn't bolted down like the one at my new gym is so it no wonder it tipped!

I cant walk right for a few hours after leg day and two days later its worse lol.

Thanks
    TMM
    omg i know the next day i cant even walk down stairs.........

Comment

• b52
      • Oct 2006

I have seen the vid of Ronnie doing like 2300lbs I think it was, also seen him doing walking lunges with 225lb like it was nothing. I do have some pretty big legs, I have a hard time buying jeans that fit because the dang thighs are all made for small guys. My old gym had 6- 100lb plates but the gym I go to now don't have any so its go get 45`s from across the gym. My wife helps me on heavy leg day loading and unloading the machine, it would take me an hour to load and unload it if I did it myself lol, huff and puff after every 2 plates lol. Plus at my old gym I tipped the leg press over on its side because I took too many plates off one side at once and it toppled over so I had to get two other big guys to help me put it back right, it wasn't bolted down like the one at my new gym is so it no wonder it tipped!

I cant walk right for a few hours after leg day and two days later its worse lol.

Thanks
      TMM
      This is awesome. Hilarious

Comment

• b52
        • Oct 2006

Originally posted by bufbiker
        Squats

Warm ups - 135x15, 225/15, 315/15, 405/10
        Sets - 495/10 for 5 sets. Lately last couple of sets are only 6 to 8 reps.

Sometimes that's it, other times I'll do 3 sets of leg extensions and 3 sets leg curls. It depends on how my knees feel and how close I am to puking or passing out.
        I used to do leg presses but got tired of scrounging for plates, then having to put them all away when I was done.
        Can't say I've ever done just a day of squats. I think I'll give that a try.

Comment

• TheMuscleMan
          Vet
          • Feb 2015

Originally posted by b52
          This is awesome. Hilarious
          I was a little embarrassed because I was just in a zone and wasn't thinking when taking the plates off and over it went. It was more embarrassing having to get a couple guys to help me stand it back up. I know everyone in there that saw it probably laughed but hey accidents happen sometimes. I have seen some funny stuff happen because people just weren't paying attention or not thinking.

Thanks
          TMM
          themuscleman@anonymousspeech.com
          tmm@securenym.net

Comment

• clutchitalian
            • Sep 2011

lol i know at my gym a guy put 225 on the bench and tried it with no spotter and dropped it on his chest...i called it before he even sat down..........

Comment

• TheMuscleMan
              Vet
              • Feb 2015

Originally posted by clutchitalian
              lol i know at my gym a guy put 225 on the bench and tried it with no spotter and dropped it on his chest...i called it before he even sat down..........
              I have seen this happen so many times, guys try to be super man and they aren't, most of the time they dump the weights off each side because they don't use clamps, I guess a good thing for them they don't!

Thanks
              TMM
              tmm@securenym.net

Comment

• b52
                • Oct 2006

I was a little embarrassed because I was just in a zone and wasn't thinking when taking the plates off and over it went. It was more embarrassing having to get a couple guys to help me stand it back up. I know everyone in there that saw it probably laughed but hey accidents happen sometimes. I have seen some funny stuff happen because people just weren't paying attention or not thinking.

Thanks
                TMM
                Craziest thing that happened to me in the gym, was finishing a set of squats, and as I'm racking the bar, I thought I caught the rack but nope. Came crashing down. Thank God I didn't get hurt. I just picked my balls up off the floor, stuffed them back in ,and acted like nothing happened lol, and went back to it. I've also taken chunks out of my fingers racking the dumbbells too on certain racks, blood gushing all over the floor, haha. Some racks the weights just don't seem to fit the way they should
                Last edited by b52; 08-21-2015, 08:52 PM.

Comment

• TheMuscleMan
                  Vet
                  • Feb 2015

Originally posted by b52
                  Craziest thing that happened to me in the gym, was finishing a set of squats, and as I'm racking the bar, I thought I caught the rack but nope. Came crashing down. Thank God I didn't get hurt. I just picked my balls up off the floor, stuffed them back in ,and acted like nothing happened lol, and went back to it. I've also taken chunks out of my fingers racking the dumbbells too on certain racks, blood gushing all over the floor, haha. Some racks the weights just don't seem to fit the way they should
                  I was taking the weights off the bench press years ago and I grabbed a 45 and forgot there were 25s on there before the 45s and I pulled the 45 off and the 25 dropped right on my foot, hurt like hell but I didn't let on that it hurt or that anything happened but it did smash my foot good, I had to go get ultrasound treatments to break up the tissue that had scarred on the top of my foot. I limped around for a while. My wife did the same thing and broke her toe when the plate landed on her foot and she finished her whole leg workout with a broken toe, calf raises and all. She is frickin tough!!!

Thanks
                  TMM
                  tmm@securenym.net

Comment

• Rocky83
                    Vet
                    • Jun 2014

Originally posted by bufbiker
                    Squats

Warm ups - 135x15, 225/15, 315/15, 405/10
                    Sets - 495/10 for 5 sets. Lately last couple of sets are only 6 to 8 reps.

Sometimes that's it, other times I'll do 3 sets of leg extensions and 3 sets leg curls. It depends on how my knees feel and how close I am to puking or passing out.
                    I used to do leg presses but got tired of scrounging for plates, then having to put them all away when I was done.
                    ^^Monster!!!

Comment

• bufbiker

I'm getting wimpy In my old age.

Comment

Working...