Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cjas
    • May 2006

Originally posted by TestFreak
    jumping rope is a great way to improve overall fitness, strengthen bones, improve agility and the list goes on, Jumping rope can burn up to 1000 calories per hour, making it one of the most efficient workouts possible. It tones muscles in the entire body, developing long, lean muscles in all major muscle groups, both upper and lower. Jumping rope optimizes cardiovascular conditioning and maximizes athletic skills by combining agility, coordination, timing, and endurance.

Great to hear! Thanks!

I've started last week but only jumped for a total of 10 mins.. Yikes... It's tougher than I thought. LOL

But I will continue and will make progress with it!

Comment

• TestFreak

glad i could help thats great 10 minutes of jump rope, is proven to give a better work out and burn way more calories then 30 minutes of jogging

Comment

• cjas
        • May 2006

I'm always looking for something to burn more calories in less time! I just hate cardio!

I'm definately going to stick with the ropes for now!

Comment

• Friscochick
          • May 2004

Originally posted by cjas
          Great to hear! Thanks!

I've started last week but only jumped for a total of 10 mins.. Yikes... It's tougher than I thought. LOL

But I will continue and will make progress with it!

10 minutes is great! How many intervals?

Comment

• cjas
            • May 2006

Originally posted by Friscochick
            10 minutes is great! How many intervals?

I jumped for one minute, then did 50 crunches, then jumped for one minute, then did side crunches, then jumped for one min, and did lower ab work... I repeated this procress and jumped a total of 10 mins, so the whole "workout" took about 17mins...

Girl, let me tell you, I felt the burn baby!

Comment

• Friscochick
              • May 2004

Originally posted by cjas
              I jumped for one minute, then did 50 crunches, then jumped for one minute, then did side crunches, then jumped for one min, and did lower ab work... I repeated this procress and jumped a total of 10 mins, so the whole "workout" took about 17mins...

Girl, let me tell you, I felt the burn baby!

yeaaaa babay!! dont you love it! Thats what i wanna here mama!

Comment

• ddoommnn8ttoorr

funny thing from playing basket ball for 10 years in highschool college minor league and in europe the best definition i ever got for my calves was with no weights added at all,, literally my half calf muscles look like i added synthonol into them from this,,,, literally most bb dont realize imo that theres muscles that run from the base of your calf down to your ankles,,,,, from regular calf raises with my own body wait about 300 a day like usual for every team i been on its like a hidden muscle

Comment

• TestFreak

you can also buy the weighted jump ropes thats what i use they have weights in the handles they work great

Comment

• cjas
                    • May 2006

I bought one of those weighed jump ropes a long time ago. I wonder what ever happened to it. I definately felt it in my shoulders more.

Comment

• guijr

Originally posted by TestFreak
                      jumping rope is a great way to improve overall fitness, strengthen bones, improve agility and the list goes on, Jumping rope can burn up to 1000 calories per hour, making it one of the most efficient workouts possible. It tones muscles in the entire body, developing long, lean muscles in all major muscle groups, both upper and lower. Jumping rope optimizes cardiovascular conditioning and maximizes athletic skills by combining agility, coordination, timing, and endurance.
                      I agree, and I 'd like to add that it's considered a good plyometric exercise, specially for kids and young athletes.

Comment

• cman
                        VET
                        • Apr 2006

I used to jump rope back when I used to box but now I cant find a rope log enough, Im 6'3". Its good for the calves, as far as cardio goes I prefer to run with my Ipod.

Comment

Working...