X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dawgpound_Hank
    • May 2019

Siberian Tiger vs Kodiak bear?

Who wins in a fight?

Kodiaks are the largest of the brown bears. They live in the coastal regions of Alaska, and grow much bigger than their smaller cousins - the Grizzly, which live in the interior lands. They grow bigger due to having salmon readily available to eat. While some of the older males can reach up to 1200-1400 lbs, the average for an adult male is around 900-1000 lbs. Kodiak claws can reach 5 inches long, with upper canines up to 2 1/2" long, and paws the size of a dinner plate.

The Siberian tiger is the largest of the cats. They can reach lengths of 12-13 feet long, and weigh up to 800 lbs. But more realistic average weight is around 650 lbs. They are much larger than their cousin the Bengal Tiger, who can reach lengths of 8-10 feet and weigh around 525 lbs. Siberian Tigers are known to stalk and kill Russian brown bears, which can weigh up to 700 lbs. Siberians have retractable claws that can reach 2 1/2" long, and upper canines that are 3 1/2" long. They attack them in stealth mode, pouncing on the bear from behind, biting into the back of their neck and breaking it. This is far different than the lion, which usually after catching prey, bites the front of their neck to suffocate them. Bengal tigers have been known to bring down a Gaur, an Indian Bison, which are much larger than the American Buffalo, and Cape Buffalo in Africa. The Gaur can weigh from 1700-2500 lbs, but is still no match for the death bite by the tiger on the rear of the neck.
    Tiger
    0%
    Bear
    0%
    Dawgpound Hank is a fictional character,. All posts by my character are merely for entertainment purposes and not meant to be taken seriously.
  • liftsiron
    Administrator
    • Nov 2003

Well Bison are know to have killed Grizzles in Yellowstone, so I would say the Tiger.
    ADMIN/OWNER@Peak-Muscle

Comment

• Dawgpound_Hank
      • May 2019

Originally posted by liftsiron
      Well Bison are know to have killed Grizzles in Yellowstone, so I would say the Tiger.
      A Kodiak would dwarf a grizzly in Yellowstone though.
      Dawgpound Hank is a fictional character,. All posts by my character are merely for entertainment purposes and not meant to be taken seriously.

Comment

• MR. BMJ
        • Apr 2006

I'm thinking a Kodiak, if they went head to head, and not by surprise/lunch attack. The brute strength of the Kodiac bear I think will be the determining factor. But hell, I don't know to be honest.

They have a 1200@ Grizzly or Kodiac on that new show called Man vs. Bear....on Discovery.

Comment

• Dawgpound_Hank
          • May 2019

Originally posted by MR. BMJ
          I'm thinking a Kodiak, if they went head to head, and not by surprise/lunch attack. The brute strength of the Kodiac bear I think will be the determining factor. But hell, I don't know to be honest.

They have a 1200@ Grizzly or Kodiac on that new show called Man vs. Bear....on Discovery.
          Oh man that show is crazy! That bear - Bart - is actually 1400 lbs.

Comment

• 01dragonslayer
            Banned
            • Apr 2018

What an interesting thought.....I would have to go the tiger.

Comment

• liftsiron
              Administrator
              • Nov 2003

Polar bears grow even larger than Kodiak bears. A wolverine somehow got into the polar bear area in a zoo and killed a fully grown polar bear by latching onto the bears windpipe and choking it to death.
              ADMIN/OWNER@Peak-Muscle

Comment

• Dawgpound_Hank
                • May 2019

Polar bears grow even larger than Kodiak bears. A wolverine somehow got into the polar bear area in a zoo and killed a fully grown polar bear by latching onto the bears windpipe and choking it to death.
                I didn't buy it until I searched it. Gotta envy dafuq out of a wolverine man. Fucker is scared of nothing - Jesus H a grown polar bear is 30-40x it's weight! I've seen vids where even it's smaller cousin the honey badger will give a wolverine a fight to the death - and badger is only 10-12 lbs. Seen a badger back down a full grown lion once on Nat Geo.

Comment

• reps
                  Vet
                  • Oct 2007

Holy shit. Red dawn. WOLVERINES!!!!

Comment

Working...