Peak-Muscle.com  

Welcome to the Peak-Muscle.com forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. Come join us in on one of the best online fitness communities. We have 16,000 members that are likeminded towards a fitness, bodybuilding lifestyle. Registration is free and only takes but a few minutes. By joining our free community you will have access to communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. You will be able to create threads to discuss and or create a fitness regimen. Or just bounce ideas off of some very knowledgeable members. So don't miss out. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Peak-Muscle.com > Off Topic > General discussion
User Name
Password

Old 12-21-2019, 08:56 PM   #1
Dawgpound_Hank

Dawgpound_Hank is a jewel in the roughDawgpound_Hank is a jewel in the roughDawgpound_Hank is a jewel in the roughDawgpound_Hank is a jewel in the rough
Thumbs up Ronnie on Arnold

He says if Arnold had the stuff he used, he woulda been the greatest to ever step onstage.

The clip below is from the new full interview by Valuetainment. Best interview yet, although Ronnie appears high as a kite - prolly from painkillers...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HGRM1rKq15Q
Dawgpound_Hank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2019, 08:04 AM   #2
reps
Vet

reps is just really nicereps is just really nicereps is just really nicereps is just really nicereps is just really nice
It's sad to see him like that.
reps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2019, 02:49 PM   #3
A.B
VET

A.B is a splendid one to beholdA.B is a splendid one to beholdA.B is a splendid one to beholdA.B is a splendid one to beholdA.B is a splendid one to beholdA.B is a splendid one to beholdA.B is a splendid one to behold
Really sad to see him like that. I saw him at a seminar years ago in Toronto. Pooor guy was in rough shape post surgery. Looks like he isn’t improving

There is speculation about what Arnie took, but who knows Ronnie is probably right
A.B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2019, 04:49 PM   #4
Dawgpound_Hank

Dawgpound_Hank is a jewel in the roughDawgpound_Hank is a jewel in the roughDawgpound_Hank is a jewel in the roughDawgpound_Hank is a jewel in the rough
If you guys watch the full interview, while very interesting being he talks about some different stuff for once, it's sad to see bcoz he's apparently heavy on some oxys/painkillers. He contradicts himself many times. For those that don't wanna watch the full 1:42 long vid, here's some stuff...

I couldn't help but laugh when he said he has a photographic memory - talking about reading - then follows it up with "If I read it enough times, I will remember it" haha.

He blew interviewers mind by saying he never looked at himself in the mirror when competing - said he didn't care how he looked, that if he followed Chads protocol, and trained hard, he knew he was ready. Later he says the reason why he worked out was to be healthy, get strong and "look good". We all know that's a bunch of BS, as he poses and looks in the mirror often while working out in his many vids duh. How dafuq you not gonna look in the mirror being a competitive bb - practice your posing routine via Braille?

He said all the PEDS he took while competing were prescribed by a doc.

When asked how he would have did in PL if he stuck with it and didn't pursue BB, he said he woulda broke the world records in squat and dead.

He said his worst loss ever was to Lee Priest at a NOC IIRC - said he felt so bad losing to such a small guy.

When asked who's the top 5 bodybuilders of all time not including himself, he mentions Arnold, Haney, Flex, Levrone and Ray, leaving Yates out. He said Jay would be 6. Interviewer asked him about Yates, Ronnie said top 10 LOL!

Best part was when interviewer showed him pics of the current O lineup and asked Ron his opinion of how they would fare in his day. Ronnie started laughing hysterically and couldn't stop haha. He said none of them would place top 5 against himself, Flex, Ray, Levrone and Cormier. Same thing as Yates said, but Yates said top 6. Interviewer asked him if he had seen the Yates interview, which may have lead to his similar answer, and Ronnie said no.

He will prolly regret doing that interview when he sees it, being he was clearly out of it.

Last edited by Dawgpound_Hank; 12-22-2019 at 04:53 PM..
Dawgpound_Hank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2019, 05:51 PM   #5
MR. BMJ

MR. BMJ is a splendid one to beholdMR. BMJ is a splendid one to beholdMR. BMJ is a splendid one to beholdMR. BMJ is a splendid one to beholdMR. BMJ is a splendid one to beholdMR. BMJ is a splendid one to beholdMR. BMJ is a splendid one to beholdMR. BMJ is a splendid one to behold
Haney at his best, at his last Olympia, barely beat Yates, and Yates eventually improved from that year....so if Haney is in top 5, Yates would have to be in there too. I like Haney, and i'm sure he wasn't an abuser like the later 90's and post-2000 guys were, but Yates took it to a whole new level.

I feel Arnie put it on the map, Haney raised it a little bit with good genetics, but Yates raised the bar a ton, then Ronnie took it a few notches up as well. I think Ronnie was more of a freak to the eye as far as appearance, but when he took his leap in size in 2002/03, he ruined his appearance, IMO.

Ray was a GREAT bodybuilder, but i'd never have him as top 5...MAYBE a top 10. Same with Cormier, who I feel underachieved.

By having Jay 6th, that means he would really be 7th...assuming Ronnie puts himself in top 5, lol.

I'm pretty sure that Chad Nicholls probably asked for picture updates, in addition to his flexing in the mirror at the gym.

All this said, I like Ronnie a lot, but he is definitely not the sharpest knife in the drawer. I feel he was blessed with great genetics, FREAK genetics, and good response to AAS, and he may have used less than most/all others, but he was not the best look in bodybuilding imo. Add that up with a true desire for the gym and to train balls to the wall, and you have Ronnie.
MR. BMJ is offline   Reply With Quote