• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bigpapapumpaf
    VET
    • Feb 2017

Loosing hand strength

Man getting old sukks.

As of late I've been loosing strength in my hands. Several years ago I had a trigger finger fixed, now I think I have the finger next to it damaged as well as one in the other hand. I wake up barely able to move those fingers and my hands just get 'tired' from basic tasks.

I guess its arthritis but geez.....I've always been that guy with the grip of steel but not anymore.

Anyone else dealing with this?

BPP
  • liftsiron
    Administrator
    • Nov 2003

Is it carpal tunnel? I have had that before. I get a cortisone shot right into the carpal tunnel. It fixes it for several years most times. Once in awhile I need a second shot.
    ADMIN/OWNER@Peak-Muscle

Comment

• Bigpapapumpaf
      VET
      • Feb 2017

Originally posted by AlphaMale
      Same here. I’m 50 and have developed arthritis in my hands along with tarsal tunnel syndrome in both feet over the past couple years.
      My hands ache so bad when I have to grip things tightly for more than a minute or so.
      Makes it very painful gripping those dumbbells in the gym.
      My feet are so bad I have to limp to the toilet every morning when I wake up.
      My doctor told me my gear use and large size is putting too much weight and stress on my feet.
      Idk if you’re using any GH but it can make your tendons tight and sore. Lotta tendons in your hands.
      Good point on the gh. I hadn't considered that as I just started a pharma run not long ago.

I'm 51, guess its time but I don't like it.

BPP

Comment

• Deacon
        Vet
        • Jan 2005

been lucky so far nothing like this happened to me couldn't deadlift if it did lol
        Originally Posted by Doink the clown;
        "Every gym has the tard who never gets bigger,never shuts up,and never goes away!"

"If you say you are not afraid to die either your lying or your a Ghurka,"

"Amatures built the Ark - professionals built the Titanic."

Comment

Working...