• Show
Clear All
  • liftsiron
    Administrator
    • Nov 2003

Sportscaster talks steroids

Brent Musburger’s Personal Steroid Truths
    By Adam Kramer Oct. 06, 2010

The man who’s never afraid to drop not-so-subtle gambling knowledge in the games he calls has decided to share his thoughts on another questionable sports topic.
    Jan 6, 2010, Newport Beach, CA, USA; Brent Musburger at press conference for the 2010 BCS National Championship between the Texas Longhorns and Alabama Crimson Tide at the Newport Beach Marriott Hotel & Spa. Photo via Newscom

On Tuesday, ABC/ESPN broadcaster Brent Musburger spoke to journalism students at the University Montana and tackled the topic of steroids. While he dismissed the idea of using them at the high school level, he opened up a potential world of hurt by saying they could be used at a professional level under the proper supervision.

“Here’s the truth about steroids,” he said. “They work.”

He went on to blame the negative connotation and stories about steroids on inexperienced journalists who are uninformed on the subject.

“I’ve had somebody say that, you know, steroids should be banned because they’re not healthy for you,” Brent offered. “Let’s go find out. What do the doctors actually think about anabolic steroids and the use by athletes? Don’t have a preconceived notion that this is right or this is wrong.”

Although I understand where Brent was attempting to go with this discussion, he’s simply not in a position to do so, and he’s not going to win this battle. He announces college football/basketball games and certainly can’t put any credible backing to his statements. On top of that, I would have to imagine that Disney will have words with Brent that will likely result in words back to us.

While Brent’s experience in sports and the media give him unquestioned credibility in what he does, the man is not a chemist and in a way represents a different kind of uneducated steroid source. My advice to Brent is to stick to what he does best - announcing games and sneaking in mentions of point spreads and totals to America without most even blinking an eye.
    ADMIN/OWNER@Peak-Muscle
  • Trapology
    • Jan 2007

nice to see some one saying something moderately positive about the subject, too bad hes a moron
    Some Men Aren't Looking For Anything Logical, Like Money. They Can't Be Bought, Bullied, Reasoned or Negotiated With. Some Men Just Want To Watch The World Burn

Comment

• liftsiron
      Administrator
      • Nov 2003

I thought that Brent made sense, Adam who wrote the article on Brent is a moron no doubt.
      ADMIN/OWNER@Peak-Muscle

Comment

• theartofwar
        • Feb 2010

Originally posted by liftsiron
        I thought that Brent made sense, Adam who wrote the article on Brent is a moron no doubt.
        Sad thing is look @ the comments - that's the reality of it lol.

Brent's comments are solid enough, I just love how the dude who wrote the article is a fucktard.
        Think For Yourself. Question Authority. Throughout human history, as our species has faced the frightening,terrorizing fact that we do not know who we are, or where we are going in this ocean of chaos, it has been the authorities,the political, the religious, the educational authorities who attempted to comfort us by giving us order, rules, regulations, informing, forming in our minds their view of reality. To think for yourself you must question authority and learn how to put yourself in a state of vulnerable open-mindedness; chaotic, confused, vulnerability to inform yourself.

Comment

• mrhtbd

I never met a steroid I didn't like.

Comment

• Dawgpound_Hank

Love it!

Comment

Working...