X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • D
    Vet
    • May 2007

Becoming a personnal trainer.

I was looking into becoming a personal trainer but when I google that shit, all kinds of shit comes up and I don't know where to start. Anyone have their certificate or can recommend a website? Thanks
    Everything I say/post/pm is strictly for entertainment purposes. DO NOT TAKE ANYTHING I SAY SERIOUSLY! Thanks
  • Trapology
    • Jan 2007

I wouldnt bother unless you KNOW you can build a good client base

otherwise youre gonna end up like those 50 year old burn outs still trying to get it at the gym
    Some Men Aren't Looking For Anything Logical, Like Money. They Can't Be Bought, Bullied, Reasoned or Negotiated With. Some Men Just Want To Watch The World Burn

Comment

• HOTROCKS
      • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Nigbo
      otherwise youre gonna end up like those 50 year old burn outs still trying to get it at the gym

Man ! Your mean !
      I rather be a burnout trying than one not trying !
      LOL
      Deus unus me iudicare potest

Hot Rocks aka HIGH12 is A true American Psycho!

Comment

• theartofwar
        • Feb 2010

Bump Nigbo ^^

I'm going for my license, I have people lined up, it's a person to person business - first , you better have a damn good gym for training - and be real right with the owner. These were my two main reasons to get it done and start training.
        Also remember that it doesn't really matter what you do for yourself , you have to consider the clients goals and expectations. Much easier said then done unless you naturally are very easy going.

And fuck google - you can just go to a commnunity college n get it done there bro - the best part is seeing the types of physiques walkin in the door getting ready to "help" others. hahaha
        Think For Yourself. Question Authority. Throughout human history, as our species has faced the frightening,terrorizing fact that we do not know who we are, or where we are going in this ocean of chaos, it has been the authorities,the political, the religious, the educational authorities who attempted to comfort us by giving us order, rules, regulations, informing, forming in our minds their view of reality. To think for yourself you must question authority and learn how to put yourself in a state of vulnerable open-mindedness; chaotic, confused, vulnerability to inform yourself.

Comment

• liftsiron
          Administrator
          • Nov 2003

ISSA is pretty good, most people like to see some kind of certification before they hire you.
          ADMIN/OWNER@Peak-Muscle

Comment

• Trapology
            • Jan 2007

Originally posted by theartofwar
            Bump Nigbo ^^

I'm going for my license, I have people lined up, it's a person to person business - first , you better have a damn good gym for training - and be real right with the owner. These were my two main reasons to get it done and start training.
            Also remember that it doesn't really matter what you do for yourself , you have to consider the clients goals and expectations. Much easier said then done unless you naturally are very easy going.

And fuck google - you can just go to a commnunity college n get it done there bro - the best part is seeing the types of physiques walkin in the door getting ready to "help" others. hahaha
            All of that sounds great, just make sure its set in stone

Remember, from the sounds of things is a career choice, u dont want to end up stuck
            Some Men Aren't Looking For Anything Logical, Like Money. They Can't Be Bought, Bullied, Reasoned or Negotiated With. Some Men Just Want To Watch The World Burn

Comment

• mrhtbd

I tend to agree with Nigbo on this one. When I was a trainer I found myself more as a babysitter and bent ear than anything else.
              I see the trainers in my gym doing the same.
              I'm glad I got out of it, but it took me 15 years to do so.
              Maybe I'm a slow learner.
              On another note, I still run into people I trained and it's amazing what some of them remember and it feels good to know on some I had a positive effect.

Comment

Working...