X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bananas
    Vet
    • Nov 2005

mike matarazzo passed away.

"Mike Matarazzo was recently hospitalized in Modesto, California for serious heart complications, and went into cardiac arrest soon after being admitted. Despite efforts from hospital staff, Matarazzo died on October 23, 2008 of complications due to Myocardial Infarction and clogged arteries"

Some quotes from him, well worth reading:

"Oh, god, where do I begin? I'd have to say that everything that led to my heart problem began the minute I started getting serious about competitive bodybuilding. In order to get bigger, I'd eat five, six, seven pounds of red meat a day, no vegetables. And I'd stay away from fruits because of their sugar.

It has affected my whole life, so to all those guys who are on an eternal quest to have 21" arms and 20" calves, and who are so vain about their never-say-die attitude, I say, "Change your attitude." Worry about keeping that body of yours as healthy as possible, because it's going to have to last you not just through your next contest or to the end of your bodybuilding contract, but for a long time. And a long time for a human being is nothing. It goes by real quick, even quicker when your health is gone and you have nothing to stand on."

courtesy of member on prom.
  • IRON37

man that sucks. How old was he? I thought that he had already passed away years ago..guess Im confusing him with someone else.

Comment

• Bananas
      Vet
      • Nov 2005

43 or 44. he did have a serious heart attack in 2004.

Comment

• OKMEDIC
        • Oct 2007

That sucks.. He was a beast.. some of the most massive legs in his day. A great loss to the Bodybuilding World. Then again, when anyone dies it is a great loss. Prayers to his family and friends.
        The reputation of a thousand years may be determined by the conduct of only one hour.

Comment

• Bananas
          Vet
          • Nov 2005

he maybe alive. someone said it is a rumor and wikipidea removed the sentence bout his death.

Comment

• meateater

Comment

• OLYMPIAN

It's a rumor probably started by some troll on getbig.com. Mike is doing fine.

Comment

• mrhtbd

You can tell he took GH, look how long his tongue is!

Comment

• reps
                  Vet
                  • Oct 2007

Originally posted by mrhtbd
                  Mike had a long tongue since he was a kid. Purely Genetic.

Comment

• BigSickD
                    Vet
                    • May 2004

Really cool guy and was one of the few bodybuilders, that wasn't just all muscle but could kick your ass too. Golden Glove boxer.
                    BigSickD does not actually exist. He is the alter ego of a punkass 17yo kid that doesn't even workout.

Comment

• ZERKER

Originally posted by BigSickD
                      Really cool guy and was one of the few bodybuilders, that wasn't just all muscle but could kick your ass too. Golden Glove boxer.
                      Yeh a cool guy,met him a starbucks over here,talked 2 him for bit,he has a funny accent though.....still cool friendly dude....Zerker

Comment

• BigSickD
                        Vet
                        • May 2004

Originally posted by ZERKER
                        Yeh a cool guy,met him a starbucks over here,talked 2 him for bit,he has a funny accent though.....still cool friendly dude....Zerker
                        Yeah, that east coast accent sounded funny coming out of him, not what you would expect.
                        BigSickD does not actually exist. He is the alter ego of a punkass 17yo kid that doesn't even workout.

Comment

• HugelyGifted

Originally posted by mrhtbd

maybe he doubles as a singer for KISS on weekends!

Comment

• mrhtbd

Comment

• meateater

Comment

Working...