X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Scotsmark
    VET
    • Apr 2005

95 miles in 24 hours!

Folks, on the 15th of September this year, myself and a few friends will be attempting to walk the "West Highland Way" in Scotland in 24hours or under. We are doing it to raise funds for the "Help for Heroes" charity, which helps wounded service personnel in the U.K.
    This will probably be the most difficult hing I have ever attempted in my life and I might die during or after this exercise.

Feel free to have a look at the links below and read more about the walk and the charity, if you feel the urge to sponsor me, DO NOT pledge any money at this point, I will clear it with one of the MODs first - the paying part of my event isn't on the site yet anyway.

Wish me luck!

We provide lifelong support to Service Personnel and Military Veterans with injuries, illnesses and wounds sustained while serving in the British Armed Forces.

p.s. if any members are marathon runners or ultra endurance competitors, any advice would be appreciated, although I'm sure I've got all bases covered. Thanks.
  • Marines
    VET
    • Mar 2007

Good for you! Good luck
    Ferrum Mens Corpus

Comment

• mrhtbd

In the Army, our company completed a 15 mile road march with steel pot, rifle, ammo, and butt pack in 3 hours and 15 minutes with one 10 minute break.
      You have your work cut out for you my friend. Take dry socks!
      Also take sucrets, they helped keep my throat moist.

Comment

Working...