Football: 05-06'

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • K-N9NE

Football: 05-06'

I started this journal at a few other places. I will post it here hopefully help me out with my plan later on.

This year is my freshman year in football. I played two years of midget football before this so I know most of what I am doing. I play offensive tight tackle and a little bit of defensive nose guard and tackle. Main focus is getting stronger and bulking up. I am 200 lb. but that is the average weight of my freshman football team. I am going up against 260-280 lb. guys on the line. I am third string right now for offensive tight tackle (spots taken by a 280 lb. guy annd 260 lb. guy). So my main focus is to gain muscle mass and bulk up till the end of the season. Then in the off-season I will get down to around 12-15% body fat. My main love in football is lineman, I doubt I want to play anyother position. So I will probably bulk up in-season and diet down off-season.

My body fat percent is around 23+ % and I weigh 194 lb. So I need some definate muscle mass this season. I am pretty weak compared to the other guys on my team. They take creatine and train pretty heavy. Right now i have increased my lifts by 10-20 + pounds then before the season. Bench went from 90 to 110 and squats from 90 or so to 160, dead lifts were 135 to 145. Cleans from 45 lbs. to 75 lbs. So far pretty good. So I think if i stick to increasing lifts with good volume I can get strength and size up for the season.

I got a diet layed out for me, all I need to do is buy some groceries and I should be set if I get consistency down. I read a lot on the internet and think my diet is ok, not the best. I think I am getting enough protein in, but I need to calculate all that. Will need more carbs this season also, fats I keep moderate. 70-90 grams a day.

Traning is what I need help on. I want a program i can use to gain strength and mass while not over doing it in the season. Just stick with some compound exercises that are good for football. Like bench, squats, cleans, jammers, etc. I got a gym membership also got the high school gym which is pretty good too. They got the jammer machines at the school gym, just regular hs equipment at my gym.

Supplements are pretty good for me I believe. Nothing special really. Protein, creatine, amino acids, vitamins, andtoxidants. Got a few reveiws and a log on cre-ethyl thunder coming that I will post up here.

Got a workout today and will start everything on tuesday. When I am in school it seems easier to keep track and stay with all this stuff. Right now it's my time to rest from under sleeping and practices. I have only been getting 7 hours of sleep the first week of school. Slept in ovr the weekend and planning to go to bed around 10 at night for school. We will lift with the team occasionally, nothing is mandatory this year.

If you read this then you could possibly help me through the season. I will post up my diet/supplement plan in a minute. I need a good base for a training regimen.

• K-N9NE

height: 5'9"
    weight: 192
    body fat: 20%

Lasted weighed a few days ago, probably not correct. I will weigh in everyday and keep track of progress.

Supplements:
    Cre-ethyl Thunder 1x a day pre-workout
    Protein x a day pre-post workout
    Xtend 2x workout days post-workout
    Multi-vitamin 2x a day morning, pre-workout
    Vitamin C 3x a day morning, pre-workout, post-workout
    Green Tea 2x a day morning, pre-workout

Diet:
    Breakfast:
    6 egg whites, 1 whole egg
    2 oatmeal packages
    2 cups skim milk
    1 apple
    Multi-vitamin
    Vitamin C
    Green Tea

Lunch:
    2 entres
    1.5 cup lettuce
    2 cups 1% milk
    1 tbs. olives
    1 tbs. ranch dressing

Pre-practice:
    1 powerbar
    1 gatorade

Pre-workout:
    2 scoops protein
    2 cups skim milk
    1 cup dry oats
    1 banana
    Creatine
    Multi-vitamin
    Vitamin C
    Green Tea

Post-workout:
    2-3 scoops protein
    2 cups skim milk
    1 cup dry oats
    2 apples
    20g dextrose (gatorade powder)
    2 scoops Xtend
    Vitamin C

Pre-bed:
    1.5 cups cottage cheese

Comment

• future

Like I said you are INSEASON. You will burn out and/or get hurt trying to push yourself.

Comment

• K-N9NE

I know, I read what you said. Check the in-season workout.

Comment

• K-N9NE

Monday:
          Bench Press 1x 6
          Close-Grip Bench Press 1x 8
          Power Press or Shoulder Press 1x 6

Friday:
          Squat 1x 6
          SLDL 1x 8
          Cleans or Dead lifts 1x 6
          Barbell Curls 1x 8
          Calf Raises 1x 8

1-3 warm up sets before each working set. Do stretch routine before workout, along with 5 minutes low intensity cardio.

Look good?

Comment

• future

Eh, not so much. Check your PM's.

Comment

• K-N9NE

Ok, I got you.

Comment

• K-N9NE

Day 1

Morning:
                6 egg whites + 1 whole egg
                2 packages oatmeal
                2 cups skim milk

Lunch:
                2 chicken sandwich's
                2 cartons milk
                ~1-1.5 cup lettuce
                2 tbs. ranch dressing
                1 tbs. olives

Pre-practice:
                1 powerbar
                1 root beer

(Gatorade is $1.25 and I only had $1, at least I got my carbs)

Dinner:
                1.3 lb. ground beef rinsed (~110g protein )
                2 cups rice
                water

Pre-workout:
                2 scoops whey
                2 cups water
                20g dextrose (gatorade powder)
                1 banana

Pre-bed:
                1.5 cup cottage cheese

Workout
                Bench Press 1x 6x110
                Close-grip Press 1x 8x 75
                Dumbbell Shoulder Press 1x 6x 35

Cre-ethyl Thunder

Dosage 1: 8 capsules 8PM (workout at 8:30PM)

Workout:
                - Bench Press 1x 6
                - Close-grip Press 1x 8
                - Dumbbell Shoulder Press 1x 6

Notes:
                Had a real good pump going after a few warm up sets. Had plenty more endurance on the warm ups, had a good 10+ lb. increase for some of the warm ups around 10 rep ranges. Strength gains will kick in soon, it's only the first day of it today. Very pleased so far with what I got.

Comment

• future

I am not a fan of the fruit and dextrose right before you lift.

Comment

• K-N9NE

I'm not much a fan for the dextrose, but I forgot to pick up some old fashion oats at the store.

I usually eat 1 hour before I lift too.

Comment

• future

I am just not a fan of alot of carbs before training.

Comment

• K-N9NE

I noticed tonight on the football field that I am not even giving 100%

Tomorrow in practice I am going to take 2nd string tackle and focus on that. I can't take 2nd string offensive tackle now, I am beat by a guy who weighs 60 pounds more and is way stronger then I am.

Main goals:
                        Gain weight to 215 pounds by the end of the month. I weigh 194 now at 24% body fat.
                        Increase strength by 20+ pounds by end of the month.
                        Increase muscle mass by 4-5 pounds.
                        Increase speed by a few seconds.
                        Make 2nd string defensive tackle.

Comment

• future

Get to 215? WTF. Why? It's not like you are gonna suddenly be first string. You already have a high % of BF.

Make your goals more reasonable. You are not going to get faster now. That is what the OFFSEASON is for. You just have to deal with things the way there are and be patient.

Comment

• future

You might like this

Comment

• K-N9NE

What I am going to do is hit 215 (which is easyoff of newbie gains and the diet I am running) then slowly build up muscle and lose the body fat as I got through the season. I doubt all the gains will be fat.

The link looks good, try it out.

I don't think I will go to 215 by the end of the month, I will wait a little more...

Comment

Working...