X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • millenium girl
    • Apr 2006

Aging

Lifts, do you agree with all this?

Shin Ohtake's world-famous 90-Day Ultimate Lean Body program combines strength training, circuit training, and interval training to get you insane results in less than 30 minutes per workout.
    Don't forget to join
    http://www.worldclassbodybuilding.com
    http://www.basskilleronline.com
  • liftsiron
    Administrator
    • Nov 2003

I agree with a little bit of it, it's written to sell a specific program. I believe as we age weight training using a push/pull/legs routine is most beneficial. some cardio should be included. I like a high protein/ moderate carb/lower fat diet. Our metabolism slows down if we adopt a sedentary lifestyle. I use certain supplements to enhance my lifestyle and slow aging.
    ADMIN/OWNER@Peak-Muscle

Comment

• Roughrydr
      • Oct 2017

Old age sucks. Weight training is the fountain of youth. I e still got grey hair, but I'm the only guy my age that I have personally seen, not in a magazine that looks as good as I do.....from the neck down. I cant help my face so I cover it in veard.
      OFFO

Muscle Forged In Pain

Comment

• Dawgpound_Hank

Originally posted by Roughrydr
        Old age sucks. Weight training is the fountain of youth. I e still got grey hair, but I'm the only guy my age that I have personally seen, not in a magazine that looks as good as I do.....from the neck down. I cant help my face so I cover it in veard.
        Agreed!

Comment

• Glycomann

Originally posted by Roughrydr
          Agree with all three of you guys. Weight training keeps us aging more slowly. I think a lot of it has to do with reversing the insults from shit in the environment. Whatever, it is it works. Also stretching and doing some sort of athletic stuff like heavy bag work, sprints, biking, grappling work for me. Plus reasonable hormone use helps a lot. TRT and peptides or GH 1/2 the year and then 2 mild cycles. Works great.

Comment

• DA Phantom
            • Nov 2017

just staying in shape is huge it keeps you younger certain supps do help and I believe that test replacement is necessary

Comment

• water43
              Vet
              • Mar 2010

my doc says I have a brutal hobby when he's treating my hip injury... lol but then he says you do have a good physique and seems to question why am I still heaving the iron at 56
              the right to try law is a title besides its all fiction "everything"

Comment

• Glycomann

Originally posted by water43
                my doc says I have a brutal hobby when he's treating my hip injury... lol but then he says you do have a good physique and seems to question why am I still heaving the iron at 56
                Hey we're the same age fellow knuckle head! My doc loves it that I still train and look good.

Comment

• liftsiron
                  Administrator
                  • Nov 2003

I had a routine checkup with my cardiologist yesterday, he was concerned that he hadn't seen me at the gym recently. I told him that I go the new gym with 24 hours access, so that I can workout 24 hours a day. Lifting, good diet, trt, hgh, supps and activity in general all help to keep up younger than our couch potato counterparts in age.
                  ADMIN/OWNER@Peak-Muscle

Comment

• millenium girl
                    • Apr 2006

Originally posted by liftsiron
                    I had a routine checkup with my cardiologist yesterday, he was concerned that he hadn't seen me at the gym recently. I told him that I go the new gym with 24 hours access, so that I can workout 24 hours a day. Lifting, good diet, trt, hgh, supps and activity in general all help to keep up younger than our couch potato counterparts in age.
                    All doctors tell me that I look good and that my body is more toned than people my age. When I tell colleagues that I have to retire later this year they say "already? You don't look your age. You look ten years younger". I should probably eat cleaner (less carbs) and listen to my body more (people keep telling me that I do too much but my mentor/coach says I'm doing great) .....
                    Don't forget to join

Comment

• HOTROCKS
                      • Feb 2009

I'll be 65 yo this Sunday...
                      Deus unus me iudicare potest

Hot Rocks aka HIGH12 is A true American Psycho!

Comment

• liftsiron
                        Administrator
                        • Nov 2003

Originally posted by HOTROCKS
                        Hey bro, good to see you.
                        ADMIN/OWNER@Peak-Muscle

Comment

• Glycomann

Originally posted by millenium girl
                          All doctors tell me that I look good and that my body is more toned than people my age. When I tell colleagues that I have to retire later this year they say "already? You don't look your age. You look ten years younger". I should probably eat cleaner (less carbs) and listen to my body more (people keep telling me that I do too much but my mentor/coach says I'm doing great) .....
                          Retire to the south of Spain and stalk Dorian maybe?

Comment

• millenium girl
                            • Apr 2006

Originally posted by HOTROCKS
                            Happy Belated Birthday HR

Retiring to the south? Not for me. I'd rather go to England or in AZ
                            Don't forget to join

Comment

• Glycomann

Originally posted by millenium girl
                              Happy Belated Birthday HR

Retiring to the south? Not for me. I'd rather go to England or in AZ
                              Run away with me to Italy!

Comment

Working...