Peak-Muscle.com  

Welcome to the Peak-Muscle.com forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. Come join us in on one of the best online fitness communities. We have 16,000 members that are likeminded towards a fitness, bodybuilding lifestyle. Registration is free and only takes but a few minutes. By joining our free community you will have access to communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. You will be able to create threads to discuss and or create a fitness regimen. Or just bounce ideas off of some very knowledgeable members. So don't miss out. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Peak-Muscle.com > Off Topic > General discussion
User Name
Password

Old 04-21-2018, 03:53 PM   #1
b52

b52 is a splendid one to beholdb52 is a splendid one to beholdb52 is a splendid one to beholdb52 is a splendid one to beholdb52 is a splendid one to beholdb52 is a splendid one to beholdb52 is a splendid one to behold
Anyone else get sick recently?

I hardly ever get sick. When I do it's usually something you pop a couple dayquils and go on with your day. Not this time. This friggin crippled me. I didn't leave the couch for 3 days. Lungs were gurgling, and burning all the time. I started getting the spins the first night. It sucked. I got up to go to work and I couldn't keep my balance, and it just spiraled down from there. I can honestly say I can't remember having been this sick ever. I still feel pretty weak today. Just walking a little takes so much out of me. I'm down 8 lbs, 182 and I weighed myself Monday and I was 190, so hopefully I'll bounce right back. I can't even think about hitting the gym until I regain my strength and my lungs get back. Never had anything knock me down for that long before and wreak so much havoc.
b52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2018, 03:58 PM   #2
liftsiron
Administrator

liftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant future
My sinuses are always messed up, but other than that I haven't been sick in awhile.
Old 04-21-2018, 09:07 PM   #3
Big B
Banned

Big B is just really niceBig B is just really niceBig B is just really niceBig B is just really niceBig B is just really nice
damn, what do you have, b52? Been to the Dr? Get well and no, never workout when you're sick like this!!!
Big B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2018, 09:09 PM   #4
Big B
Banned

Big B is just really niceBig B is just really niceBig B is just really niceBig B is just really niceBig B is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by liftsiron View Post
My sinuses are always messed up, but other than that I haven't been sick in awhile.
same here. I hardly ever get a cold or flu, or whatever but allergies....it gets me good. Been dealing with it for the past week and a half. Pollen has been horrible here...
Old 04-21-2018, 10:08 PM   #5
Darkness

Darkness has a brilliant futureDarkness has a brilliant futureDarkness has a brilliant futureDarkness has a brilliant futureDarkness has a brilliant futureDarkness has a brilliant futureDarkness has a brilliant futureDarkness has a brilliant futureDarkness has a brilliant futureDarkness has a brilliant futureDarkness has a brilliant future
Yes bad flu and upper respiratory infection. Sucks balls
Darkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2018, 10:36 PM   #6
Glycomann

Flu was bad this year. I had it and gave it to everyone at work.
Old 04-21-2018, 10:36 PM   #7
MindlessWork

MindlessWork has a spectacular aura aboutMindlessWork has a spectacular aura aboutMindlessWork has a spectacular aura about
Been predisposed to getting colds on cycle, and a lung infection to boot. Normally off cycle I have no issues so my immune system seems to get messed up while on gear.
Old 04-22-2018, 01:25 AM   #8
Dawgpound_Hank

Better see a doc bro. I've been fortunate this year in not catching the flu or pneumonia which many have had. More blessed that my son didn't get it. I'm fucked now dealing with sciatica in which I'm in pretty much constant fucking pain. Always something.

I get a kick out of guys who you hear saying they hit the gym even when they had the flu. Uhhh - no. You had a cold. You did NOT have the flu. You have the flu, you're one miserable mofo who can barely get out of bed and everything hurts duh.
Old 04-22-2018, 05:48 AM   #9
Big B
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawgpound_Hank View Post
Better see a doc bro. I've been fortunate this year in not catching the flu or pneumonia which many have had. More blessed that my son didn't get it. I'm fucked now dealing with sciatica in which I'm in pretty much constant fucking pain. Always something.

I get a kick out of guys who you hear saying they hit the gym even when they had the flu. Uhhh - no. You had a cold. You did NOT have the flu. You have the flu, you're one miserable mofo who can barely get out of bed and everything hurts duh.
I agree. Thing is if you have the flu or fever of some sort, you shouldn't be in the gym. A cold, allergies, or any other minor illness, it's ALWAYS gym time!!!
Old 04-22-2018, 09:00 AM   #10
b52

b52 is a splendid one to beholdb52 is a splendid one to beholdb52 is a splendid one to beholdb52 is a splendid one to beholdb52 is a splendid one to beholdb52 is a splendid one to beholdb52 is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big B View Post
damn, what do you have, b52? Been to the Dr? Get well and no, never workout when you're sick like this!!!
I'm 99% certain it was the flu, and I got it bad. Even today I still have a cough, and am still not 100% So I've been down since last Monday night. Absolutely brutal.
Old 04-22-2018, 09:11 AM   #11
b52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawgpound_Hank View Post

Yeah, no way the gym was even a thought with this and guys that say they hit the gym with the flu are full of shit. It takes a lot to keep me down, and this dropped me. I also never understood when people tell you to sweat it out. I'm like I already have a fever and I'm shivering, Last thing I want is to raise my temp. I'm starting to feel better with each day that goes by, but I hope I never have to deal with it again. I probably should have went to the doctor I was in really rough shape looking back at it.
Old 04-22-2018, 11:37 PM   #12
Dawgpound_Hank

Quote:
Originally Posted by b52 View Post
Yeah, no way the gym was even a thought with this and guys that say they hit the gym with the flu are full of shit. It takes a lot to keep me down, and this dropped me. I also never understood when people tell you to sweat it out. I'm like I already have a fever and I'm shivering, Last thing I want is to raise my temp. I'm starting to feel better with each day that goes by, but I hope I never have to deal with it again. I probably should have went to the doctor I was in really rough shape looking back at it.
IIRC, if you hit the doc early when you have the flu, they can give you some med - forget the name - that will make the severity of the flu much less. Not talking about the vaccine obviously - which I never get - but actual meds once you have it. Anyways, get better soon. Muscle memory & cals will have you back on track in a week or 2.

Last edited by Dawgpound_Hank; 04-23-2018 at 12:08 AM..
Old 04-24-2018, 05:53 AM   #13
millenium girl

millenium girl is a name known to allmillenium girl is a name known to allmillenium girl is a name known to allmillenium girl is a name known to allmillenium girl is a name known to allmillenium girl is a name known to all
I had the flu a couple of months ago and the fatigue didn't totally subside
millenium girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2018, 06:13 PM   #14
TommyD

TommyD will become famous soon enough
Sick from before Christmas into early March. Got the flu and it was a biatch to shake.
TommyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2018, 04:39 PM   #15
Friggemall

I've had somewhere around 6 colds this fn winter...first one lasted 10 weeks. I maybe get one a year...this was pure bullshit winter for me.