Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Darkness
    • Apr 2011

Blew my back out again

At the gym tonight. I knew better. I'm strong as hell right now. Same thing always I wont learn. I'm really fucked this time.

I may have my vet put me down with the other unwanted injured old dogs that cant be fixed tomorrow night.
  • Glycomann

dAmn D sorry to hear...

Comment

• mrhtbd

I got hit by a car in 1990 while riding my bicycle and totally messed up my lumbar.
      It's gone out many times since.
      I learned that by doing heavy bench presses it still hurts the next day but for some reason helps it realign.
      It will still be in pain, but after a few days it get's better, at least for me.
      Wait two days after throwing out your back to do the benches.
      Just be careful when lying back asthis ca iritate it.
      I always grab the bench bar with one hand to steady myself as I lay back.
      For some reason this works for me.
      Hope you're feeling better.
      Sleep on your side with a pillow between your knees.
      That or just work your calves for awhile.

Comment

• basskiller
        Administrator
        • Aug 2003

you sound like me.. it's a bitch getting old.. If I push it too hard, something breaks
        Owner of
        Worldclassbodybuilding.com - my forum
        basskilleronline.com

Comment

• John Benz
          Vet
          • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Darkness
          At the gym tonight. I knew better. I'm strong as hell right now. Same thing always I wont learn. I'm really fucked this time.

I may have my vet put me down with the other unwanted injured old dogs that cant be fixed tomorrow night.
          Try getting a shot of Adequan...doesn't fix everything but works wonders on dogs with bad backs and crippling arthrititis pain. Relieves inflamation and pain, replaces lost synovial fluid, and then starts working on damaged or torn joints and even some soft tissue injuries.

Comment

• ozzy69
            Assistant Admin
            • Jun 2011

sorry brother

Comment

• liftsiron
              Administrator
              • Nov 2003

Originally posted by basskiller
              you sound like me.. it's a bitch getting old.. If I push it too hard, something breaks

No shit I have to consult with a shoulder surgeon next Monday. I had an MRI and it wasn't good. Take it easy for a few days Darkness and see what happens.
              ADMIN/OWNER@Peak-Muscle

Comment

• Freezerdude

That suck bro, I hope you get this straight bro..

Comment

• Darkness
                  • Apr 2011

I'm eating a gram of advil every 4 hours and some flexerol. I can walk a little. I should look like a real fuckstick going to meet this customer in a few hours.

Comment

• Glycomann

We have to go slower as we get older. if you take your time you can still approach PRs but you have to be wise. Sometimes the PRs are max rewps or fastest sets with 10 sec rests etc. just have to be smarter as we get older. D just be smarter like you are in most aspects of life. but hey I fugg up the same way. Last year was on and off low back and hamstring strains from December to April. ... and stretch man stretch after it heals up some. BIG BIG DIFFERENCE especially after 35.

Comment

• Glycomann

Originally posted by Darkness
                      I'm eating a gram of advil every 4 hours and some flexerol. I can walk a little. I should look like a real fuckstick going to meet this customer in a few hours.
                      a rubberized fuckstick

Comment

• Dawgpound_Hank

Been there, done that too many times to count. I found that stretching the hams thoroughly before any deads, rows or squats helps reduce the risk of lumbar strain bigtime. Also, start using the adductor machine - it strengthens the adductors, sartorious and many smaller muscles that ties into the sacrum area which helps stabilize the lumbar. I shit you not, but I used to be good for 1 or 2 lumbar strains per year for 15 years+. A few times it was severe enuff to fuck with my sciatic nerve. After I started doing the above, I have yet to strain the lumbar or have any sciatica in the past 10 years, and I have still went heavy damn near always. Many don't know it, but tight hams is one of thee main reasons for pulling the lower back muscles. I stretch them bigtime, not only on back or leg day, but before every workout. Wish you a quick healing bro.

Comment

• Shovel
                          VET
                          • Jul 2011

Just did hurt mine Saturday. At the chiropractor twice yesterday and going today at 11. I'm already 80% better. He knows what he's doing or it's the 2cc's of prop and peptides that are helping? Lol
                          If its not a ruptured disc, they can fix it in a few days. Just have to let the spasms calm down so they can pop it in place.
                          I'm on some electrode thing right now and if I turn it up too high, it makes me shit a lil.
                          Semper Fi

Comment

• BikerTrash
                            Vet
                            • Aug 2011

Sorry man to hear of your injuries .....Now I will be able to catch you and make you hold still .......
                            You want me to come over and take your wifey out on your boat this weekend since your layed up ??????
                            Get well and better fast my friend

Comment

• bufbiker

Old age creeps up on us all.
                              Don't feel bad. But you have to remember not to push it so hard at your advanced age.
                              What are you now, 30-something?
                              that's when it all starts.
                              But just wait until you hit your 40's then 50's!
                              AAS are about the only reason I can even get out of bed in the mornings. I have to go to work to pay for some more!!!!!

Comment

Working...