Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • theartofwar
    • Feb 2010

Joints and weather question

Why does the weather impact your joints the way it does ?? Both my knees are gonna have to be scoped but im delaying it for time being - I just don't get why in the winter / wet / cold it is so much worse. Poppin and grinding like crazy , drives me nuts. Why does the weather impact your joints ???
    Think For Yourself. Question Authority. Throughout human history, as our species has faced the frightening,terrorizing fact that we do not know who we are, or where we are going in this ocean of chaos, it has been the authorities,the political, the religious, the educational authorities who attempted to comfort us by giving us order, rules, regulations, informing, forming in our minds their view of reality. To think for yourself you must question authority and learn how to put yourself in a state of vulnerable open-mindedness; chaotic, confused, vulnerability to inform yourself.
  • Trapology
    • Jan 2007

Low air causes soft tissue to expand?
    Some Men Aren't Looking For Anything Logical, Like Money. They Can't Be Bought, Bullied, Reasoned or Negotiated With. Some Men Just Want To Watch The World Burn

Comment

• liftsiron
      Administrator
      • Nov 2003

The most accepted theory says that inflamed joints swell as the barometric pressure drops. This swelling causes more stiffness as well as more irritation to the nerves close to the joint. Also it is suspected that perceived pain by pain receptors is more intense in cold weather.
      ADMIN/OWNER@Peak-Muscle

Comment

• theartofwar
        • Feb 2010

Interesting - thanks bros. You guys have your knees scoped before ? I have no idea what to expect , keep on putting it off.
        Think For Yourself. Question Authority. Throughout human history, as our species has faced the frightening,terrorizing fact that we do not know who we are, or where we are going in this ocean of chaos, it has been the authorities,the political, the religious, the educational authorities who attempted to comfort us by giving us order, rules, regulations, informing, forming in our minds their view of reality. To think for yourself you must question authority and learn how to put yourself in a state of vulnerable open-mindedness; chaotic, confused, vulnerability to inform yourself.

Comment

• Trapology
          • Jan 2007

Originally posted by theartofwar
          Interesting - thanks bros. You guys have your knees scoped before ? I have no idea what to expect , keep on putting it off.
          Not yet, im like you, need to but keep putting it off

I just keep telling myself all my current problems are old sports injuries, im gonna keep riding that out until my body tells me otherwise
          Some Men Aren't Looking For Anything Logical, Like Money. They Can't Be Bought, Bullied, Reasoned or Negotiated With. Some Men Just Want To Watch The World Burn

Comment

• theartofwar
            • Feb 2010

Nigbo thats my situation exactly brother. I am like a clicking finger shap eberywhere i walk. But as far as i understand if i can handle the pain - i can keep goin, just knowing eventually ... i wont be able too - sucks man.

Comment

• Trapology
              • Jan 2007

Originally posted by theartofwar
              Nigbo thats my situation exactly brother. I am like a clicking finger shap eberywhere i walk. But as far as i understand if i can handle the pain - i can keep goin, just knowing eventually ... i wont be able too - sucks man.
              Well hopefully the "wont be able too" time tables occures around 50+ or something

Comment

• theartofwar
                • Feb 2010

Originally posted by Nigbo
                Well hopefully the "wont be able too" time tables occures around 50+ or something
                Hahahaha - amen brother.

Comment

• b52
                  • Oct 2006

same thing happens to me. My knees were killing me the other day. Also pulled a tendon cranking a wrench in the cold a couple weeks back. Go figure.

Comment

• theartofwar
                    • Feb 2010

^ bro you and I always seem to injure at the same time haha. Stop it !!! Bad luck brother :P. Hope you heel up man , i hate being injured esp when I've been at it 3x a day 5 days a week - with one day of just cardio and a day off. Best results of my fucking life. I went out last night and brought a lb of ground turkey and a gallon jug to a club bahahahaa.

Comment

• Trapology
                      • Jan 2007

Most of the stuff i can deal with, but my hip seems to be getting worse in general

That and i have a golf ball sized knot below my shoudler blade, but thats not from the weather lol

Comment

• theartofwar
                        • Feb 2010

I hear you , I got a deep tissue massage tonight - my back was knotted all over - could barely feel my back when I was done. It was amazing, going to go again for sure - so refreshing.

Comment

Working...