Changed training ways ..

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • go4thepump

Changed training ways ..

Due to a back injury this past year , and always being a powerlifter in the past , it's time to change up the routines .
    This kills me , but "NO MORE HEAVY DEADS or SQUATS" .
    I have always been a stickler on heavy compound movements for great gains , but have come to realize , WHY ???
    I don't compete anymore .
    I now have to watch and eccess weight bearing on my back .
    So why keep up with the heavy stuff ??

Well ,I started doing very slow movements ,very strict form , and light weights , and more isolated groups.
    I'm telling you ,I have never been this sore for years !!!!!!!

I am doing a 1 bodypart per day routine , 6 days a week . I do notice that even though my eating is strict, that I am getting leaner faster .

40+ forum only means that we have learned a bit more than the other whiper-snappers !!!!
  • powerman2000

I'm an ex-powerlifter too. I pretty much came to the same conclusion that you did about squats, deads, and even the bench press. I would still do them all if I could. I will occassionally do some deads with 405 and bench sometimes. But I can't squat heavy anymore unless I'm using a smith machine. Hell, I'd still be competing if I could. My joints just can't take it anymore. I used to be a SHW PLer and now I barely weigh 220lbs.

It sucks when you can't squat or deadlift even close to what your bench press used to be.

Comment

Working...