• clutchitalian
    • Sep 2011

Sounds bangin'....

Comment

• John Benz
      Vet
      • Jan 2004

Originally posted by 2Rhodesians
      long grain white rice actually has a lower GI value compare to brown (~40 vs 55). And there's no comparison in taste, brown is like cardboard. Uncle Ben's converted white has the lowest GI of all of them, around 35.

Whatever you choose, throw some kidney beans in with it to lower the overall meal GI value.
      This is nonsense. I will post a recent study in a separate thread.

Comment

• ozzy69
        Assistant Admin
        • Jun 2011

Originally posted by John Benz
        All white rice is very high gi...empty calories, just starch. You can eat more right away because it digests quickly and is converted to blood sugar to be used for energy and/or stored as fat. I try never to eat anything devoid of nutrition, and white rice may even be worse than white bread in this respect.

Whole grain rice has protein and fiber, not just the strach. Not all brown rice is "whole grain."

I have tried just about every type of rice on the market, and once I found Lundberg's Wehani and Japonica I never used any other brand. These smell just like popcorn when they're cooking, and are 100% whole grain rice with the bran and germ layers intact. The flavor is so rich, you can enjoy eating this rice all by itself. I cook one pack with 5 cups water and store it in the fridge in a large tupperware container. I am never without it. These cost about $3.75 for a 16 oz pack at your healthfood store. It's worth making a special trip.

Some grocery stores like Kroger may handle a wehani whole grain rice, but nothing is as good as Lundberg's.
        Thank you JB!

Comment

• BigSickD
          Vet
          • May 2004

Lundbergs brown rice and there rice cakes are my choice.
          BigSickD does not actually exist. He is the alter ego of a punkass 17yo kid that doesn't even workout.

Comment

• D
            Vet
            • May 2007

India gate 100% whole grain brown rice is where its at. I just buy a big ass bag. Boil it, add 1tablespoon olive oil and salt. Taste so damn good.
            Everything I say/post/pm is strictly for entertainment purposes. DO NOT TAKE ANYTHING I SAY SERIOUSLY! Thanks

Comment

Working...