X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • liftsiron
    Administrator
    • Nov 2003

Roger Clemens cleared all six counts!

WASHINGTON -- Roger Clemens has been acquitted on all charges by a jury that decided he didn't lie to Congress when he denied using performance-enhancing drugs.

Jurors returned their verdict Monday after close to 10 hours of deliberation. The outcome brings an end to a 10-week trial that capped an expensive, five-year investigation into one of the greatest pitchers in the history of baseball.

Clemens, 49, was accused of perjury, making false statements and obstructing Congress when he testified at a deposition and at a nationally televised hearing in February 2008. The charges centered on his repeated denials that he used steroids and human growth hormone during his 24-year career.

The verdict is the latest blow to the government's pursuit of athletes accused of drug use.

-- The Associated Press
    ADMIN/OWNER@Peak-Muscle
  • reps
    Vet
    • Oct 2007

Good I am glad he got off all charges. What a fing waste of tax payers money!

Comment

• A.B
      VET
      • Jun 2004

Huge waste of money people can't get back. This shit has to end. It's gone on for too long. I don't see an end in sight

Comment

• John Benz
        Vet
        • Jan 2004

A great guy! Glad he got off.

Comment

• Thunder
          Vet
          • Nov 2011

Maybe they will see people don't really care now.

Comment

• bufbiker

I was so glad when I read that. Good for him!
            And that scum bag snitch who rolled over on him should be hung out to dry IMO!

Comment

• juced_porkchop
              Vet
              • Jun 2011

GOOD!! FINALLY SOME GOOD NEWS!!

HA in your face!
              shit the sport needs some cannon arms to be worth watching in my op!
              I am against breaking the rules in sport but some of the sports where always kind of "like that" like foot ball... NOW they are talking about brain damage? SHEEZ

Comment

• Diesel14

I didn't think they had enough evidence to convict. There was a lot of speculation and he said she said. Good for him!

Comment

• Shovel
                  VET
                  • Jul 2011

They had the evidence, but the jury was swayed by the prosecutors lack of credibility. Even the dudes ex wife testified against his ass! Lol
                  Semper Fi

Comment

• Darkness
                    • Apr 2011

Congress prosecuting someone for lying is truely rediculous.

Comment

• Dawgpound_Hank

Yaaaayyy! About time!

Comment

Working...