X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • liftsiron
    Administrator
    • Nov 2003

Originally posted by nmk85roll
    I'm not trying to be arguementive bro. I wanted to know if you had any articles, scientific publications, etc... that justify your claim. Or if it was just personal preference?

There are many research articles that I've come accross both pro and con to twice a day workouts. In my experience twice a day workouts most often lead to over training.
    Unless the trainee is correctely running aas and has a sound nutritional program in place.
    I should have asked your cycle history and inquired as to how advanced you are. After seeing your total plan of attack posted below. I must concede, you seem to have covered all the bases. Your cycle and Diet look fantastic and I believe that you have everything in place to maximize two a day workouts as you have outlined. Good luck and keep us posted on your progress. I think that your going to make buco gains

A few people asked me to keep a journal posted so...

Merry Christmas!

Here is the info...

AS:
    weeks 1-15 ldex at .25mg ed
    weeks 1-12 EQ at 467mg/week (200mg every 3rd day)
    weeks 1-13 Test E at 583mg/week (250mg every 3rd day)
    weeks 1-4 dbol at 40mg/day
    weeks 14-15 Test prop at 525mg/week (75mg ed)
    weeks 8-15 fina at 525mg/week (75mg ed)
    weeks 1-12 T3 at 25mcg per day
    weeks 13-15 T3 at 12.5mcg per day
    weeks 16-18 Clomid (300mg day 1, 100mg for 10 days, 50mg for 10 days)
    weeks 16-18 Nolva (60mg day 1, 40mg for 10days, 20mg for 10 days)
    weeks 16-17 Clen (ramp up to 120mcg ed)

Supplements:
    Creatine
    ALA
    Milk Thistle
    Glusomine/chondroiton
    Multivitamin
    Taurine (2 weeks during clen)

Diet:
    7AM
    Oatmeal 1 cup
    Pro Rated Protein x2

9AM
    Smuckers Natural Peanut Butter 2 tbsp
    Chicken

11AM
    Trader Joes Black Beans
    Buffalo Burger
    Kraft fat free cheddar 2 slice
    Brownberry natural wheat 2 slice

1PM
    Motts applesauce 1 cup
    Dextrose 7.5tsp
    Maltodextrin 0.25cup
    Pro Rated Protein x2

3PM
    Tuna
    Flax Seed Oil
    Buffalo Burger
    Kraft fat free cheddar 2 slice
    Egg x2

5PM
    Dannon Lite and Fit 0% fat Creamy
    Riceland Natural Brown Rice .5 cup
    Chicken

8PM
    Sweet Potato
    Dextrose 7.5tsp
    Maltodextrin 0.25cup
    Pro Rated Protein x2

10PM
    Egg Beaters Fat Free 4oz
    Deans Dry Curd Cottage Cheese 1 cup
    Sugar Free Jello x2

TOTALS: 416g protein, 405g carbs, 93g fat
    about a 40/40/20 ratio

Training:
    Sunday - Off

Monday
    AM - Bis
    PM - Chest

Tuesday
    AM - Calves/Forearms
    PM - Hammies/ Lowerback

Wednesday
    AM - Delts
    PM - Off

Thursday
    AM - Abs
    PM - Back

Friday
    AM - Tris
    PM - Quads

Saturday
    AM - Traps
    PM - Off

Last edited by liftsiron; 12-15-2003, 09:33 AM.
    ADMIN/OWNER@Peak-Muscle

Comment

• nmk85roll

Originally posted by liftsiron
      There are many research articles that I've come accross both pro and con to twice a day workouts. In my experience twice a day workouts most often lead to over training. Unless the trainee is correctely running aas and has a sound nutritional program in place.
      I agree with that. I saw your post on my cycle journal as well. Do you have links to any of those articles by any chance? I'm curious to read up on them.

Comment

• liftsiron
        Administrator
        • Nov 2003

I'll see if I can find some with people, I've seen a few in the past. The last time that I was researching this topic the majority on article were with mice exercising on a thread mill
        ADMIN/OWNER@Peak-Muscle

Comment

• liftsiron
          Administrator
          • Nov 2003

If you get the chance you may, want to look up a few of these abstracts:

Hagerman, and R.S. Hikida. "Skeletal muscle adaptations in the early phase of heavy resistance training in men and women". Journal of Applied Physiology , 76:1247-1255, 1994.

Fry, A.C. , C.A. Allemeier, and R.S. Staron. " Correlation between myosin heavy chain content and percent fiber type area in human skeletal muscle". European Journal of Applied Physiology , 68:246-251, 1994.

Fry, A.C. , W.J. Kraemer, J.M. Lynch, N.T. Triplett and L.P. Koziris. "Does short-term near-maximal intensity machine resistance training induce overtraining?" Journal of Strength and Conditioning Research , 8(3):188-191, 1994.

Fry, A.C. , W.J. Kraemer, F. van Borselen, J.M. Lynch, J.L. Marsit, E.P. Roy, N.T. Triplett, and H.G. Knuttgen. "Performance decrements with high intensity resistance exercise overtraining". Medicine and Science in Sports and Exercise , 26(9):1165-1173, 1994.

Fry, A.C. , W.J. Kraemer, M.H. Stone, B.J. Warren, S.J. Fleck, J.T. Kearney, and S.E. Gordon. "Exercise-induced endocrine responses to over-reaching before and after one year of weightlifting training". Canadian Journal of Applied Physiology, 14(4):400-410, 1994.

Fry, A.C. , W.J. Kraemer, F. van Borselen, J.M. Lynch, N.T. Triplett, L.P. Koziris, and S.J. Fleck. "Catecholamine responses to short-term high intensity resistance exercise overtraining". Journal of Applied Physiology , 77(2):941-946, 1994.

Allemeier, C.A., A.C. Fry , P. Johnson, R.S. Hikida, F.C. Hagerman, and R.S. Staron. "Effects of sprint cycle training on human skeletal muscle". Journal of Applied Physiology , 77(5):2385-2390, 1994.

Fry, A.C. , M.H. Stone, J.T. Thrush, and S.J. Fleck. "Precompetition training sessions enhance competitive performances of high anxiety junior weightlifters". Journal of Strength and Conditioning Research , 9(1):37-42, 1995.

Vandenborne, K., G. Walter, L. Ploutz-Snyder, R. Staron, A.C. Fry , K. DeMeirlcir, G. Dudley, and J.S. Leigh. "Energy rich phosphates in fast and slow twitch human skeletal muscle". American Journal of Physiology , 268(4 pt. 1):C869-C876, 1995.

Kraemer,W.J., N.T. Triplett, A.C. Fry , L.P. Koziris, J.E. Bauer, J.M. Lynch, T. McConnell, R.U. Newton, S.E. Gordon, R.C. Nelson, and H.G. Knuttgen. "An in- depth sports medicine profile of women college tennis players". Journal of Sports Rehabilitation , 4(2):79-98, 1995.

Koziris, L.P., W.J. Kraemer, J.F. Patton, N.T. Triplett, A.C. Fry , S.E. Gordon, and H.G. Knuttgen. "Relationship of aerobic power to anaerobic performance indices". Journal of Strength and Conditioning Research , 10(1):35-39, 1996.

Fry, A.C. and W.J. Kraemer. "Resistance exercise overtraining and overreaching: neuroendocrine responses", Sports Medicine, 23(2):106-129, 1997.

Fry, A.C. , M.H. Stone, W.J. Kraemer, D. Lewis, and B. Bonner. "The effects of gamma oryzanol ingestion and weight training on various physiological and performance parameters", International Journal of Sports Nutrition , 7:318-329, 1997.

Fry, A.C. , R.S. Staron, C.B.L. James, R.S. Hikida, and F.C. Hagerman. "Differential titin isoform expression in human skeletal muscle". Acta Physiologica Scandinavica , 161:473-479, 1997.

Kraemer, W.J., R.S. Staron, F.C. Hagerman, R.S. Hikida, A.C. Fry , S.E. Gordon, B.S. Nindl, J.S. Volek, R.U. Newton, and K. Häkkinen. The effects of short-term resistance training on endocrine function in men and women. Eur. J. Appl. Physiol. 78:69-76, 1998.

Weiss, L.W., A.C. Fry , E.L. Gossick, J.M. Webber, and E.H. Barrow. "Reliability of bench press velocity-spectrum testing", Measurement in Physical Education and Exercise Science , 2(4):243-252, 1998.

Fry, A.C. , W.J. Kraemer, and L.T. Ramsey. "Pituitary-adrenal-gonadal responses to high-intensity resistance exercise overtraining", Journal of Applied Physiology , 85(6):2352-2359, 1998.

Staron, R.S., W.J. Kraemer, R.S. Hikida, A.C. Fry , J.D. Murray, and G.E.R. Campos. Muscle fiber type composition of four hindlimb muscles of adult Fisher 344 rats. Histochem. Cell Biol. (in press).

G. Calhoon, and A.C. Fry . "Injury profile and Injury Rates of Elite Weightlifters", Journal of Athletic Training , (in press).

Bauer, J.A., A.C. Fry , C. Carter. " The use of lumbar-supporting weight belts while squatting: erector spinae EMG activity", Journal of Strength and Conditioning Research , (in press).

Fry, A.C. , J.M. Webber, L.W. Weiss, and Y. Li. "Impaired performance after excessive high relative intensity free weight training", Journal of Strength and Conditioning Research , (in press).

Fry, M.D., and A.C. Fry . "Goal perspectives and motivational responses of elite junior weightlifters", Journal of Strength and Conditioning Research , (in press).

SCIENTIFIC PRESENTATIONS (since 1997):
          Fry, A.C. , R.S. Staron, C.B.L. James, and F.C. Hagerman. "Uniform titin cytoskeletal protein expression in elite Olympic-style weightlifters", SEACSM Conference, Atlanta, GA, 1997.

Bauer, J., A.C. Fry , and C. Carter. "Comparison of novice versus expert for a hang clean lift: muscle activation and temporal differences", ACSM National Convention, Denver, CO, 1997.

Staron, R.S., W.J. Kraemer, R.S. Hikida, J. Murray, A.C. Fry , and S.E. Gordon. "Underestimation of slow-to-fast transformation in rat soleus muscles following 10 days of spaceflight", ACSM National Convention, Denver, CO, 1997.

Fry, A.C. , M.D. Fry, and D. Ciroslan. "Variables discriminating between elite and non- elite junior-aged female weightlifters", ACSM National Convention, Denver, CO, 1997.

Marx, J.O., W.J. Kraemer, R.S. Staron, F.C. Hagerman, R.S. Hikida, A.C. Fry , S.E. Gordon, B.C. Nindl, L. Gotschalk, J.S. Volek, R.U. Newton, and K. Häkkinen. "The effects of short-term resistance training on endocrine function in men and women", ACSM National Convention, Denver, CO, 1997.

Fry, A.C. , R.S. Staron, F.C. Hagerman, and J.T. Thrush. "Muscle fiber characteristics and vertical jump performances in elite male weightlifters: a correlational study", NSCA National Conference, Las Vegas, 1997.

Weiss, L.W., A.C. Fry , J. Webber, E. Gossick, and H. Barrow. "Velocity-spectrum bench press validation", NSCA National Conference, Las Vegas, 1997.

Matuszak, M.E., T.R. Ireland, M. McKnight, L.W. Weiss, and A.C. Fry . "The effect of rest interval length on repeated one repetition maximum back squats", NSCA National Conference, Las Vegas, 1997.

Fry, M.D., A.C. Fry , and M.L. Newton. "Sources of stress identified by elite junior weightlifters", AAASP Conference, San Diego, CA, 1997.

Harber, M.P., A.C. Fry, and J.M. Webber. "Myosin heavy chain characteristics of elite power lifters", SEACSM Conference, Destin, Florida, 1998.

Fry, A.C. , M.L. Wilson, M.D. Fry, and Y. Li. "The effects of simulated tennis tournament play on selected physical performance measures", SEACSM Conference, Destin, Florida, 1998.

Weiss, L.W., A.C. Fry , L. Wood, and C. Melton. Comparative effects of deep versus shallow periodized squat training by novice lifters", ACSM National Convention, Orlando, 1998.

Fry, A.C. , G. Calhoon, M.H. Stone, L.W. Weiss, Y. Li, and E.L. Cantler. "Injury rates and profiles of elite competitive Olympic-style weightlifters", ACSM National Convention, Orlando, 1998.

Kreider, R.B., M.L. O'Toole, A.C. Fry , W.B. Kibler, D.C. Nieman, J.P. Whelan, and M. Lehmann. "Overtraining in sport", ACSM National Convention, Orlando, 1998.

Starks, M.A., M.L. Wilson, M.D. Fry, Y. Li, and A.C. Fry . "Acute hormonal effects of simulated tennis tournament play", NSCA National Conference, Nashville, 1998.

Harber, M.P., M.D. Fry, and A.C. Fry . "Sources of stress identified by elite collegiate weightlifters", NSCA National Conference, Nashville, 1998.

Fry, A.C. , M.P. Harber, M. Vaczi, J.M. Webber, N.A. Pattison, and L.W. Weiss. "Muscle fiber characteristics of elite power lifters", NSCA National Conference, Nashville, 1998.

Smith, J.C., and A.C. Fry . The effect of knee positioning on parallel barbell squat hip and knee torques", NSCA National Conference, Nashville, 1998.

Rubin, M.R., A.C. Fry , L.W. Weiss, Y. Li, E.L. Gossick, J.M. Webber, and E.H. Barrow. "Effects of free weight vs. machine bench press training on strength development", NSCA National Conference, Nashville, 1998.

Wood, L.E., L.W. Weiss, A.C. Fry , R.B. Kreider, D. Bullen, P. Grindstaff, and G. Relyea. "The effect of pre-performance training abstinence on maximal bench press strength and power", NSCA National Conference, Nashville, 1998.

CHAPTER PUBLICATIONS:
          Stone, M.H., A.C. Fry , J. Thrush, S.J. Fleck, W.J. Kraemer, J.T. Kearney, and J. Marsit. "Overtraining in weightlifting". In: Proceedings of the 1993 Weightlifting Symposium , International Weightlifting Federation, Budapest, Hungary, pp.133-141, 1993

Kraemer, W.J., and A.C. Fry , "Strength testing: development and evaluation of methodology". In: Physiological Assessment of Human Performance , Human Kinetics, Champaign, Illinois, pp. 115-138, 1995.

Fry, A.C. "The role of training intensity in resistance exercise overtraining and overreaching". In: Overtraining and Overreaching in Sports , (R.B. Kreider, A.C. Fry, M.L. O'Toole, eds.) Human Kinetics, Champaign, IL, 1998, pp. 107-127.

Stone, M.H., and A.C. Fry . "The role of increased training volume in resistance exercise overtraining and overreaching". In: Overtraining and Overreaching in Sports , (R.B. Kreider, A.C. Fry, M.L. O'Toole, eds.) Human Kinetics, Champaign, IL, 1998, pp. 87-105.

Fry, A.C. Trainability of junior weightlifters: Hormonal adaptation to weightlifting training in juniors. In: Conference Book - International Conference on Weightlifting and Strength Training , (K. Häkkinen, ed.) Gummerus Printing, Jyväskylä, Finland, 1998, pp. 113-118.

Fry, A.C. Overload and regeneration during resistance exercise. In: Overload, Fatigue, Performance Incompetence, and Regeneration , (M. Lehmann, J.M. Steinacker, U. Gastmann, eds.) Plenum Publishing, New York (in press).

BOOKS EDITED:
          Kreider, R.B., A.C. Fry , and M.L. O'Toole (eds.). Overtraining and Overreaching in Sports , Human Kinetics, Champaign, IL, 1998.
          ADMIN/OWNER@Peak-Muscle

Comment

• nmk85roll

SWEET dude, you just gave me something to do tomorrow at work!

Comment

Working...