100 days, 100 supersets, day 1: 12/18/12

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mrhtbd

Supersets 15, 16, and 17., 1/13/13
    Today I didn't feel like going in but thought punishment might ease my mind, so went in anyway.
    You know what they say, don't feel like working out, go overboard!
    Anyway, did three supersets today, to make up for days missed. I realized at this pace I can't do 100 ss's in 100 days, so I'll have to double and triple up the days in between.

Today's supersets:
    1) leg prressxone-leg calf raises 10x10
    2) incline chest pressxfront lat pulldown 10x10
    3) rope curlsxkneeling rope extensions 10x10

Comment

• mrhtbd

Superset 18 and 19, January 14, 2013
      Aggitated today, thought I better add some and make up for lost time earlier on
      SS #1 Hammer Strength chest press with hammer strength row 10x10 (last 5 reps in each set done as 10 reps one at a time)
      SS #2 reverse curl with standing behind-neck tricep press
      (Only used an oly bar but did 10x10 non-stop, ouch)

as if that wasn't enough, I did 15 minutes on the rower sprinting the last 15 seconds of each minute

Man am I sore!

Comment

• mrhtbd

[BSuperset 20 and 21, Jan 16, 2012][/B]
        SS #1 cable lateral shoulder extensions with cable lateral shoulder pulls (RH) 10x10 40 to 90 lbs
        SS #2 cable lateral shoulder extensions with cable lateral shoulder pulls (LH) 10x10 40 to 90 lbs

My shoulders are developiong nicely, especially since I tore the labrum in June.
        Still can't push too much weight, but all the volume is especially benefitial to the deltiods.

Now if I could only bring out the inner pecs!

Comment

• mrhtbd

SS 22, 23 and 24, January 17, 2012
          SS #1 hack squat with leg curls 10x10 AM
          SS #2 Seated DB curl with DB shoulder press 10x10 PM
          SS #3 Seated shoulder flyes with WG behind neck pull-down 10x10 PM

Did legs in the morning, met Vera, damn, shoulda went for more...

Went back PM and did 20x10
          600 reps total for today
          Definately starting to get into shape because weight went up and I can finish 10 sets with them. Cool

Comment

• mrhtbd

SS 25, 26, and 27, January 18, 2012

SS #1 incline bench with 45 degree lat pul down to front 10x10
            SS #2 flat bench with bent row 10x10
            SS #3 Standing rope curl with kneeling tricep extention overhead 10x10x80, 1x50 each with 40lbs

That makes 27 supersets in 30 days. I'm alive and fighting.

Comment

• mrhtbd

Hit it hard today and used some new exercises (well, ones I haven't used in awhile)>

Comment

• mrhtbd

Super Sets 28, 29, 30 and 31, January 21, 2013

SS #1 Lunges (10x10 each leg) with seated behind neck collar-to-collar shoulder presses 10x10 each
                SS #2 Standing calf raises with standing lateral raises 10x10 each
                SS #3 (Right hand) using lower pulley while facing the pulley, rear lateral pull up and back, SS with (turn 45 degrees away from the pulley) pull in and up to the other shoulder 10x10 each way
                SS #4 (Left hand) same as above

900 reps total
                That makes it 31 supersets since Dec 18, 2012 (33 days)

Comment

• mrhtbd

Supersets 32 and 33, January 22, 2013

SS #1 Seated Dumbbell curl (50lbs each arm) with tricep pushdowns (10x10)
                  SS #2 Using the two-arm crossover cables- cable crossovers with kneeling side-arm pulls (elbows to hips) 10x10

Comment

• mrhtbd

Superset 34, January 23, 2013
                    SS Squat (135) with straight leg deadlift (85)
                    10x10
                    (not heavy weight, but pushes it for me and allows me to work around injuries)

Very sore from the shoulder work I did during the weekend-mon, and definately my arms feel like they are going to fall off from that total blast set yesterday with 10x10x50's.
                    Now today with the squats after the lunges from the other day, ha, I'm staggering around like I was drunk! Tomorrow will be interesting.

Oh, and I;ve been eating like a pig lately, and went up to 234, lol, so much for the 34" waist with that diet...

Comment

• mrhtbd

Superset 35, January 24, 2013
                      SS hammer strength chest press (140) with hammer strength row (180) 10x10 each
                      Doesn't seem like much but it's much higher than a month ago.

Argghhh, my biceps are burning from curls 2 days ago and straight-leg deadlift yesterday. I used a vertical grip on the row, just to stretch them out. I can definately feel new growth in my biceps! Big time!

Comment

• mrhtbd

Supersets 36 and 37, January 25, 2013

Today I tried something different, I actually combined two supersets into a 4-exercise giant rotation superset.
                        Here are the four exercises in order:
                        Hammer strength hack squat (70), leg curl (60), t-bar row (75), and seated, collar-to-collar behind neck press and an angled Smith machine (75).
                        The weights aren't great but I am able to do so much more now than a month ago I feel a springboard effect is happening. Definately getting much stronger.
                        Did 10x10 with each of the four exercises.
                        I am very sore from this week's onslaught against death.

Cool, this brings the tally to 37 supersets in 38 days.
                        I will even the numbers today.
                        Just reminded myself yesterday that there are only 93 days between Dec. 18, 2012 and the Spring equinox, March 20, 2013, so I have 7 more supersets to squeeze in there to make 100 by the Spring Equinox.
                        Time to get creative and bring in the midsection as a separate area to build.

Comment

• mrhtbd

SuperSets 38 and 39 January 27, 2013
                          SS# 1) Seated leg press with leg curls 10x10
                          SS# 2) I Split this: Squat-to-press overhead with straight-leg deadlift 5x10, and,
                          45 deg leg press with straight leg deadlifts 5x10
                          (did 10 total deadlift sets)

Very sore, this is good?
                          Starting to move into isolation and daily muscle splits instead of working multi-body parts each day.
                          Time to up the ante.

Comment

• mrhtbd

Day 42, SS 42!

I finally matched the # supersets to the day; 42 of each today..
                            I need to add in a total of 7 extra ss's to make 100 by the spring equinox, )Mar 20th).

Supersets 40, 41, and 42, January 29, 2013
                            SS #1 Hammer strength chest press (140) with hammer strength seated row 10x10 (180)
                            SS #2 Flat-bench DB flyes (50's) with T-Bar row (70)
                            SS #3 Incline bench press (115) with front lat pulldowns (120)
                            Was weak today, not much food, but pushed it.
                            I can feel the difference and I'm getting stronger.

Comment

• mrhtbd

[B]Superset 43, 44, 45, 46, 47 and 48, January 30, 2013]
                              SS #1 Seated behind neck shoulder press with behind neck pulldown 10x10
                              SS #2 high cable rear laterals with high cable front cable crosses 10x10 each R hand
                              SS #3 high cable rear laterals with high cable front cable crosses 10x10 each L hand
                              SS #4 low cable rear delt raise with low cable cross chest pull 10x10 R hand
                              SS #5 low cable rear delt raise with low cable cross chest pull 10x10 L hand
                              SS #6 standing low pulley rope curls (80) with kneeling tricep rope extensions (80) 10x10 then 50 reps each with 40 lbs

Day 43

Comment

• mrhtbd

Superset 49, January 31, 2013

Today makes superset #49 and it is day #43.
                                Superset leg press (6 plates total) with single-leg curl 10x10 each

Felt good today. Lifted 3 plates a side for 10x10, but I think I can up it to 4 plates a side by next week.

I have avoided antagonizing any of my injuries yet, and with the conditioning effect, I feel confident that at this rate I will be lifting some decent weight by spring!

Comment

Working...