Clear All
  • liftsiron
    Administrator
    • Nov 2003

Another chance to read it!
    ADMIN/OWNER@Peak-Muscle

Comment

• Glycomann

Interesting concepts. When my estrogen is up my knees kill.

Comment

• liftsiron
        Administrator
        • Nov 2003

Bump
        ADMIN/OWNER@Peak-Muscle

Comment

• liftsiron
          Administrator
          • Nov 2003

Bump
          ADMIN/OWNER@Peak-Muscle

Comment

• Dawgpound_Hank
            • May 2019

Good post Lifts. I read this from your post:

"Since in men testosterone suppresses cellular immunity, men are much less likely to suffer from these diseases, like rheumatoid arthritis."

That appears to explain why when I am running some test, even TRT doses, that my autoimmune disorder seems to relax - less flare-ups & flare-up magnitude is less.

Yet on the flipside, I remember when I moved to S.E Asia for 4 years. My dermatologist says I'm supposed to avoid the sun like Dracula due to the disorder and said I was crazy to move there - that I should be moving to Alaska instead haha. Obviously bcoz the area I moved to is tropical & down near the equator where the sun is much more intense and hot & humid AF year around. YET, in the 4 years I lived there, I only had ONE small bout/flare-up. That is CRAZY. Not to mention I was not taking ANY hydroxychloroquine (med prescribed for my disorder)those 4 years bcoz it was soooo friggin' expensive there. Most meds there was ridiculously cheap, but not that. Example, I could buy 30 amoxycillin OTC tabs for $1.50, but the hydroxychloroquine was $2 a pill!

Anyways, those 4 years I was taking NO PED's - 100% natty that whole time, in a climate that is hot as hell, taking no meds for autoimmune disorder, and did friggin' GREAT - much better than when I was living here in the US. So, considering all the above, I am completely lost since both scenarios contradict each other.

The only thing I could figure is the diff in quality of foods. Over there, almost everything we ate came fresh from the market. Chicken, eggs, veggies, all straight from the farm that day. Perhaps eating the freshest food one can get without all the preservatives we have here in the US was the make-or-break factor. Other than that, I'm at a loss.
            Dawgpound Hank is a fictional character,. All posts by my character are merely for entertainment purposes and not meant to be taken seriously.

Comment

• liftsiron
              Administrator
              • Nov 2003

I was thinking maybe the food before you mentioned it. Natural grown fruits and veggies contain many more vitamins and minerals than most of the crap we get at supermarkets.
              ADMIN/OWNER@Peak-Muscle

Comment

• Roughrydr
                • Oct 2017

Blast from the past. Interesting.
                OFFO

Muscle Forged In Pain

Comment

• Deacon
                  Vet
                  • Jan 2005

Originally posted by Strongisland631
                  Thats is definitely a great post but all that aside. Do you find that you get sick more often while on cycle for long periods of time i.e. a year?
                  I get sick less while on - this is agreat article thanks Lifts
                  Originally Posted by Doink the clown;
                  "Every gym has the tard who never gets bigger,never shuts up,and never goes away!"

"If you say you are not afraid to die either your lying or your a Ghurka,"

"Amatures built the Ark - professionals built the Titanic."

Comment

• liftsiron
                    Administrator
                    • Nov 2003

Bump.
                    ADMIN/OWNER@Peak-Muscle

Comment

• 956Vette
                      VET
                      • May 2020

Thanks lifts, great answer! It's taken me more than years than I would like to admit to digest all the greatness from Nandi.

Comment

• jrod
                        • Jun 2010

Originally posted by Dawgpound_Hank
                        Good post Lifts. I read this from your post:

The only thing I could figure is the diff in quality of foods. Over there, almost everything we ate came fresh from the market. Chicken, eggs, veggies, all straight from the farm that day. Perhaps eating the freshest food one can get without all the preservatives we have here in the US was the make-or-break factor. Other than that, I'm at a loss.
                        I never thought much about this here until we went to Brazil. The food we ate was fresh every day. We picked fruits/vegetables from the trees/bushes and made cheese from fresh cows milk and ate fresh chicken and beef from the farm.
                        Not only did we lose weight but we FELT much better.

Comment

• jrod
                          • Jun 2010

I believe it has helped my immune system.
                          I feel the combination of gear plus exercise stimulates the immune system.

Comment

• Dakota
                            VET
                            • Feb 2017

Good stuff. This is the first time I have caught this one.

I have to say, that living off grid and raising and harvesting all my own food including game has made for a noticeable difference in my life. i used to be skeptical, but if you saw my wife's transformation, you would be a believer. My wife is 49 and has NEVER looked better. She would pass for 10 years younger. She is not a hard body but with the new lifestyle she has lost BF and her hair, skin and nails look amazing. At her age she still looks like she stepped out of a 80s Penthouse magazine. I am a lucky man.

I have also noticed a difference in overall health and mental clarity. I think eating the way we were intended does make a health difference. For an old guy my skin looks great and when I see classmates and people I haven't seen in awhile I inevitable get a compliment. Being TRT aligns itself with the info above. Fresh unprocessed foods and TRT make for a positive influence on health. I believe it.
                            The older I get the better I used to be.

Comment

• Fasterbeast
                              VET
                              • Dec 2018

Thanks

That was A great

Comment

• jrod
                                • Jun 2010

I just remembered, a long time ago I had athletes foot and it was very difficult to get rid of even after taking oral lamisil.
                                I did a complete cycle of aas and it completely cleared up and never returned.

Comment

Working...