Peak-Muscle.com  

Welcome to the Peak-Muscle.com forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. Come join us in on one of the best online fitness communities. We have 16,000 members that are likeminded towards a fitness, bodybuilding lifestyle. Registration is free and only takes but a few minutes. By joining our free community you will have access to communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. You will be able to create threads to discuss and or create a fitness regimen. Or just bounce ideas off of some very knowledgeable members. So don't miss out. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Peak-Muscle.com > Off Topic > General discussion
User Name
Password

Old 07-07-2019, 05:02 AM   #1
Deadwood
VET

Deadwood is on a distinguished road
NASCAR fans?

Any fellow NASCAR fans out there? I was a big Greg Biffle fan before converting to Kyle Busch around 2006. I began watching religiously since 2010 and remain a Kyle Busch fan today.

Favorites among active drivers:
Kyle Busch
Clint Bowyer
Chase Elliott
Alex Bowman

Favorite inactive drivers:
Matt Kenseth
Jeff Gordon
Deadwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2019, 02:23 PM   #2
MR. BMJ

MR. BMJ is a splendid one to beholdMR. BMJ is a splendid one to beholdMR. BMJ is a splendid one to beholdMR. BMJ is a splendid one to beholdMR. BMJ is a splendid one to beholdMR. BMJ is a splendid one to beholdMR. BMJ is a splendid one to beholdMR. BMJ is a splendid one to behold
My time has passed

I grew up a HUGE Nascar (Winston Cup) fan as a kid. My 2 favorites were Darrell Waltrip and Earnhardt Sr Waltrip just retired from announcing this year

Dale Jr. and Harvick were my go to drivers after Dale Sr passed. It was good for awhile, but Jr could never get over the consistency hurdle of winning a championship...though he did good at Daytona etc.

I grew up with Harvick and know him and his family fairly well. He is my last driver right now.

That being said, the last 5-10 years I've lost interest. Too many yellow flags and ending races under caution, and I hardly know any of the young drivers at this point.

I feel like I did in the 80's and 90's for basketball as a Lakers fan...the passing of the guard and I lose interest.

I miss the late 70's and 80's days...even the 90's for awhile. I couldn't stand Jeff Gordon, so a lot of the 90's sucked for me, lol.
MR. BMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2019, 02:24 PM   #3
MR. BMJ

MR. BMJ is a splendid one to beholdMR. BMJ is a splendid one to beholdMR. BMJ is a splendid one to beholdMR. BMJ is a splendid one to beholdMR. BMJ is a splendid one to beholdMR. BMJ is a splendid one to beholdMR. BMJ is a splendid one to beholdMR. BMJ is a splendid one to behold
...I need to get my son interested though...NASCAR is good for the soul

Maybe I need to plan a trip for a race with the family
Old 07-11-2019, 07:46 AM   #4
Moto Ace
Vet

Moto Ace will become famous soon enoughMoto Ace will become famous soon enough
I was diehard fan for many years, as of late tho not so much. The drivers are a bunch of pussies, the rules package sucks, the racing is beyond terrible. I prefer to go watch our local short track. If you don't think Nascar is dying, just look at the attendance over the last five years!
Moto Ace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2019, 08:12 AM   #5
Deadwood
VET

Deadwood is on a distinguished road
For one they need to do away with the Chase and stick to the old points system. I'm okay with the stages. They need to stop making the cars so unbelievably stable that everyone has a chance at winning. I do agree that Nascar is a dying sport since kids are not even interested in cars at all anymore. It's still fun to take the family though.
Deadwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2019, 11:56 AM   #6
MR. BMJ

Wow, so i'm not the only one....didn't know it was dying off. I don't feel so bad now...but man, they need to do something. I have so many memories as a kid watching it in front of the screen in the early 1980's onward, and through the early-mid 2000's. Man, in HS and even college, we'd be hung-over from drinking Saturday nights, but we'd always find a way to watch it with usually some BBQ.