Peak-Muscle.com  

Welcome to the Peak-Muscle.com forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. Come join us in on one of the best online fitness communities. We have 16,000 members that are likeminded towards a fitness, bodybuilding lifestyle. Registration is free and only takes but a few minutes. By joining our free community you will have access to communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. You will be able to create threads to discuss and or create a fitness regimen. Or just bounce ideas off of some very knowledgeable members. So don't miss out. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Peak-Muscle.com > Off Topic > General discussion
User Name
Password

Old 06-14-2019, 08:54 AM   #1
01dragonslayer
Banned

01dragonslayer is a jewel in the rough01dragonslayer is a jewel in the rough01dragonslayer is a jewel in the rough01dragonslayer is a jewel in the rough
The dilemma of the excuse

Everyone has them. Excuses that is. What is the old saying? Excuses are like assholes, everyone has one. Sadly, this is very true, you hear more excuses in the health and fitness circle more than any other place. Why? Because people can be just plain lazy or have we gotten to the point where we want everything at our finger tips. For some, the technology age has made us lazy, but that does not allow for excuses when it comes to fitness.
Humans emphasize self-pity more than animals. Animals deal in the now and at that moment. We as humans who are supposed to have rational thinking do not. We will find a way to make things easy on ourselves rather than live in the moment, or go things head on. We tend to hang onto failure and don’t look forward enough to see what is and where we could be.
Daily exercise is one of the keys of life to being happy. You don’t have to love it or even like it but once you get to doing it, it is like a snowball effect in that it will take ahold of you and reap you great benefits, not only physical ones, but mental ones as well. Our bodies were meant to be mobile doing something. Our ancestors were foragers and hunter gatherers. Constantly on the move to survive. Today we are way too sedentary. We sit in front of a computer or television all day and don’t get enough exercise. This is where the problem starts.
The Human body is an incredible machine when it comes to conserving energy. When we become sedentary our body will start conserving energy. It starts slowing your metabolism down because it notices that there is no need to burn energy because we are not doing anything. This is the dilemma of what we have become and what starts this vicious cycle of the "excuse". We get so comfortable that we don’t want to do anything, until it is too late. It is not actually to late, we have options. For one: Quit using excuses for everything.
The number one excuse you always hear is I don’t have enough time. BS. You have time to do anything in the day you want. You just don’t make the time. There are tons of excuses out there. You just have to not listen to that little devil on your shoulder, and tell it to leave you alone. Because honestly that is what it is. A little devil. Listen to your conscience it will not let you down. It will lead you in the right direction. Physically and spiritually. Stress can cause this too, so get things right in your life and the excuses will have no place to muddle your mind when it comes time to get done with what you need to get done. Stress either from family problems, work problems, relationship with friends, all configure in this dilemma. That along with just plain old laziness. If you work hard and get things right you can cut through all of this like a hot knife through warm butter. Just tell yourself what you want for yourself, do you want to feel good about yourself, or do you want to continue to make excuses. The choice is yours!
01dragonslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2019, 09:18 PM   #2
Dawgpound_Hank

Dawgpound_Hank is a jewel in the roughDawgpound_Hank is a jewel in the roughDawgpound_Hank is a jewel in the roughDawgpound_Hank is a jewel in the rough
Great read, and so true.
Dawgpound_Hank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2019, 11:31 PM   #3
j8296

j8296 is on a distinguished road
Phenomenal read, I like it. It’s very insightful. We can all reflect upon the times we’ve used excuses and felt pity. There’s no excuse for self pity! About a month ago, my grandmother had a stroke and my girlfriend dumped me a few days later. In the past, I would’ve folded. But, I’ve gotten to the point where I’ve learned dwelling on issues will only bring misery along with discontentment.
j8296 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2019, 11:33 PM   #4
j8296

j8296 is on a distinguished road
When I exercise before work, I’m happier along with being more productive.
j8296 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2019, 08:30 AM   #5
01dragonslayer
Banned

01dragonslayer is a jewel in the rough01dragonslayer is a jewel in the rough01dragonslayer is a jewel in the rough01dragonslayer is a jewel in the rough
We are all guilty of this at times.
01dragonslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2019, 11:01 PM   #6
Dawgpound_Hank

Dawgpound_Hank is a jewel in the roughDawgpound_Hank is a jewel in the roughDawgpound_Hank is a jewel in the roughDawgpound_Hank is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01dragonslayer View Post
We are all guilty of this at times.
I've had many training partners who had great excuses to not show up on leg day haha.
Dawgpound_Hank is offline   Reply With Quote