X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dakota
    VET
    • Feb 2017

What is your food weakness?

What is the one food that you crave the most and have the hardest time staying away from or moderating while trying to get lean or staying lean?

I miss baked goods the most. Especially homemade cake or cookies. I have no problem passing on store bought stuff but a good homemade baked good is a food worth making a cheat day.

Ice cream would be the other but I have learned to make homemade ice cream that fits in the lifestyle on occasion.

What's the food that ya just gotta have some when it is around?
    The older I get the better I used to be.
  • Darkness
    • Apr 2011

Ice cream

Comment

• Deadwood
      VET
      • Dec 2018

Homemade cake for sure. Wife made pineapple upside down cake the other day and I had to have a few bites here and there, but only if I was opening the fridge anyways.

Comment

• liftsiron
        Administrator
        • Nov 2003

I have to go with ice cream .
        ADMIN/OWNER@Peak-Muscle

Comment

• Roughrydr
          • Oct 2017

Cookies (oatmeal or peanut butter so they are healthy), 3 Musketeers and Snickers.
          OFFO

Muscle Forged In Pain

Comment

• wallyd
            VET
            • Aug 2015

Ice cream

Comment

• 01dragonslayer
              Banned
              • Apr 2018

I gotta go with the majority here....ice cream specifically cookie dough and homemade chocolate chip cookies....got to be homemade though.

Comment

• 01dragonslayer
                Banned
                • Apr 2018

Originally posted by Dakota
                What is the one food that you crave the most and have the hardest time staying away from or moderating while trying to get lean or staying lean?

I miss baked goods the most. Especially homemade cake or cookies. I have no problem passing on store bought stuff but a good homemade baked good is a food worth making a cheat day.

Ice cream would be the other but I have learned to make homemade ice cream that fits in the lifestyle on occasion.

What's the food that ya just gotta have some when it is around?

Care to share your ice cream recipe. I have been looking for a healthy alternative.

Comment

• Moto Ace
                  Vet
                  • Dec 2015

Homemade chocolate cookies and chocolate chips

Comment

• Dakota
                    VET
                    • Feb 2017

Originally posted by 01dragonslayer
                    Care to share your ice cream recipe. I have been looking for a healthy alternative.
                    I just use either all half and half or half and half with some whole milk.

Depending on how much fat you want to cut you can also use 50/50 whole milk and coconut milk. Coconut milk actually work and tastes great.

Drop in 3 or 4 raw eggs, real vanilla extract and your favorite sugar substitute. If you can afford a few carbs and calories Truvia which is 1/4 real sugar makes an awesome recipe.

I also like to use cocoa powder and PB2 to make peanut butter chocolate flavor ice cream that is awesome. I do all kinds of flavors over the years. Saigon Cinnamon tastes like a Hot Tamales. Lemon or Root Beer extract is good too.

If you are going towards keto you use straight half and half and a substitute like Stevia. Obviously this is a treat and not a nightly dish.
                    The older I get the better I used to be.

Comment

• Mobman702
                      VET
                      • Mar 2019

Anything with the peanut butter and chocolate combination totally kills me.. I have no strength against it.. I am done.. Oink Oink..

Comment

• Ripitup
                        VET
                        • Nov 2018

Baskin Robbins Prauline's and Cream ice cream. It's the best Praline's and Cream on the planet...better than Blue Bell.

...and then there's pizza, and big juicy cheeseburgers, and salty stuff like chips, sweet tarts, chewy sweet tarts, sour skittles.

As you can see, I can give you more than one, LMAO.

Comment

• 01dragonslayer
                          Banned
                          • Apr 2018

Thank you brotha….I will give it a go.

Originally posted by Dakota
                          I just use either all half and half or half and half with some whole milk.

Depending on how much fat you want to cut you can also use 50/50 whole milk and coconut milk. Coconut milk actually work and tastes great.

Drop in 3 or 4 raw eggs, real vanilla extract and your favorite sugar substitute. If you can afford a few carbs and calories Truvia which is 1/4 real sugar makes an awesome recipe.

I also like to use cocoa powder and PB2 to make peanut butter chocolate flavor ice cream that is awesome. I do all kinds of flavors over the years. Saigon Cinnamon tastes like a Hot Tamales. Lemon or Root Beer extract is good too.

If you are going towards keto you use straight half and half and a substitute like Stevia. Obviously this is a treat and not a nightly dish.

Comment

• 01dragonslayer
                            Banned
                            • Apr 2018

Originally posted by 01dragonslayer
                            Thank you brotha….I will give it a go.
                            Can you add protein powder to this recipe for flavor and of course a little protein??

Comment

• wallyd
                              VET
                              • Aug 2015

Originally posted by Mobman702
                              Anything with the peanut butter and chocolate combination totally kills me.. I have no strength against it.. I am done.. Oink Oink..
                              I can’t resist peanut butter. Def a bigger weakness for me than ice cream. Then you add chocolate, forget it!

Comment

Working...