Cyborg vs Holm

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dawgpound_Hank

Cyborg vs Holm

Anyone see it? Helluva fight. Holm held her own more than I thought. She didn't allow 1 take down. I was surprised Cyborg wasn't able to do her trademark bull rush, slam & ground-n-pound. Kudos to Cyborg for outboxing Holly & landing some punishing kicks. Damn good fight all in all.
  • Dakota
    VET
    • Feb 2017

It was a good fight. Holly just did not have the heavy enough hand to gain more respect and change Cyborg's game plan. She also threw the same combo over and over and over. Holm is an excellent fighter but just does not possess the gifts that would make her awesome. She just doesn't have the quickness that would make her a next level fighter. Her kicks are good but would be devastating if she was faster. Cyborg would kick ass on a lot of men. I was told she is married to a good looking man. To each their own I guess. She was respectful and had class. She is great for the sport of MMA.
    The older I get the better I used to be.

Comment

• Glycomann

I only saw some highlights. Looked like a man beating a woman.

Comment

• A1food4u

Holm is tough as nails. And what heart.... just couldn't land the big shot...

Comment

• liftsiron
          Administrator
          • Nov 2003

Originally posted by Dawgpound_Hank
          Anyone see it? Helluva fight. Holm held her own more than I thought. She didn't allow 1 take down. I was surprised Cyborg wasn't able to do her trademark bull rush, slam & ground-n-pound. Kudos to Cyborg for outboxing Holly & landing some punishing kicks. Damn good fight all in all.
          Yup, I agree, Holm looked out matched for certain when you looked at the two.
          ADMIN/OWNER@Peak-Muscle

Comment

• clutchitalian
            • Sep 2011

U see holm's face after the fight? Dayummm swollen as hell....
            Lol...

Comment

• A1food4u

everything everything you guys are saying is TRUE!!!! BUT she was STANDING!!! I don't think I've ever thought more of a woman fighter... Holly has got stones

Comment

• Glycomann

I hope she doesn't have long lasting effects from her career. I've seen her in interviews and read about her career. She seems like a genuine strong woman. Honestly, I only watched the highlights because I don't like seeing her fight that freak woman-man thing. Almost seems unfair.

Comment

• Joe0690
                  Vet
                  • Mar 2007

I saw the highlights looked brutal I like holly homes so this might be biased but do you think to fair when cyborg was found guilty of using steroids lots of studies show that the effects of them last years after cycle like having more muscle nuclei making it unfair especially in women’s class where most women don’t use steroids like in men’s

Comment

• Dawgpound_Hank

While Holm got beat, let's not make this sound like a cake walk. She bloodied Cyborgs nose and got in a fair amount of shots. Unfortunately, her shots just weren't near as hard as Cyborgs. Who would of thought Cyborg wouldn't tire out after 3 or 4 rds? I thought for sure if Holly could take her in deep waters she would win on pts. Cyborg looked as fresh at the end of rd 5 as she did in rd 1!

Joe I agree. Also there's many AAS one can take that will be in & out of the system pretty fast. I wouldn't doubt if she still dabbles between fights.

Wonder how long a prime Rousey would have lasted? Maybe another Gina replay?

Comment

• Dakota
                      VET
                      • Feb 2017

I don't know if the woman have lower standards than the men for test levels but I am sure she could use short acting gear, hell even some base and be sparkling clean come test time.

If women have the same standards as men they could bump up their levels to that of a man and pass the test while "on".
                      The older I get the better I used to be.

Comment

• choke

Originally posted by Glycomann
                        I only saw some highlights. Looked like a man beating a woman.
                        THIS.

As skilled as Cyborg is, she's for all intents and purposes a man. Obviously, I'm not against gear. You cannot be a competitive fighter, and not juice. In Cyborg's case, she could not do what she has, in the way that she did it, without juicing. Cyborg whoops dudes ass.

That said, I'm a Cyborg fan because she is a warrior.

Also, I'm a Holme's fan. She's a fantastic boxer, who fought well above her weight class. She's got the chops, and the skills to enforce her will. And she has the discipline to stick to her game plans, just not heavy enough hands to take down someone as big and hardened as Cyborg.

Comment

• Deacon
                          Vet
                          • Jan 2005

j give Holly lots of props she went 5 rounds with Cyborg no one ever has cant take that away from her
                          Originally Posted by Doink the clown;
                          "Every gym has the tard who never gets bigger,never shuts up,and never goes away!"

"If you say you are not afraid to die either your lying or your a Ghurka,"

"Amatures built the Ark - professionals built the Titanic."

Comment

Working...