Peak-Muscle.com  

Welcome to the Peak-Muscle.com forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. Come join us in on one of the best online fitness communities. We have 16,000 members that are likeminded towards a fitness, bodybuilding lifestyle. Registration is free and only takes but a few minutes. By joining our free community you will have access to communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. You will be able to create threads to discuss and or create a fitness regimen. Or just bounce ideas off of some very knowledgeable members. So don't miss out. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Peak-Muscle.com > Off Topic > General discussion
User Name
Password

Old 01-13-2018, 10:46 AM   #1
mrhtbd

mrhtbd has a spectacular aura aboutmrhtbd has a spectacular aura about
Elevated Creatinine

Recent revelations about my long-term health condition have become apparent to me, leading to investigation into other anomalies in my blood tests over the past ten years. In particular, my creatinine levels have been over the upper limit since at least 2002. Many Doctors "wrote this off" as a result of my high muscular mass, but I wish to learn more about it for potential connectivity to other potentially long-standing issues.
I am aware that creatinine is an indicator of kidney function, but my kidney results have remained in the normal range. My Urologist, since at least 2004, has indicated concern of blood in my urine. Several tests, including ultrasound, were performed with inconclusive results as to the cause(s). I suspected the extra blood in urine samples was from taking shots of TRT testosterone and simply filtering out the broken residual blood cells, but now, I am taking a closer look.
Additionally, last year I had pain in my upper left abdomen and had an ultrasound of my organs, in particular my spleen. The doctor said it was not enlarged (with no reference; opinion) and in general the results were inconclusive. Luckily, since I moved out of the sewer gas apartment, this has subsided, but remains of concern.
Any information anyone can provide about creatinine management, other than the standards as indicated by available trade journals, would be appreciated, ie; dietary, supplemental, connection to blood pathology, etc.
Looks like I need to return to my biochemistry roots of 35 years ago!
Thank you.
mrhtbd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 03:29 PM   #2
Glycomann

If your doc is concerned he will order a 24 hour creatinine test and a sonagram.
Old 01-13-2018, 07:17 PM   #3
Roughrydr

Roughrydr is a name known to allRoughrydr is a name known to allRoughrydr is a name known to allRoughrydr is a name known to allRoughrydr is a name known to allRoughrydr is a name known to all
My creatine levels go up and down based on consumption of red meat close to the taking of the blood test. Also higher protein diet can do this.
Blood in the urine, I had this problem before. It was from having too much sex, mostly with women. But some self gratification too. Stop beating off too much.
Roughrydr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 07:39 PM   #4
mrhtbd

mrhtbd has a spectacular aura aboutmrhtbd has a spectacular aura about
Lol! Seriously though, my thin older brother was a semi-truck driver of fuel for 28 years and had a physical every year. He wasn't overweight, but always had high Blood Pressure. Said there was excess blood in his urine for every test. He told me our Dad had the same issue and he wasn't overweight either.
mrhtbd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2018, 02:17 AM   #5
liftsiron
Administrator

liftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant future
creatinine levels can be elevated as a result of working out. Take a day or two off, before your next blood test.
Old 01-19-2018, 12:38 PM   #6
steelpreacher
Vet

steelpreacher has a spectacular aura aboutsteelpreacher has a spectacular aura aboutsteelpreacher has a spectacular aura about
yes, we need more information. The whole chemistry panel will tell you more about your kidney function. Are you having symptoms...i.e. pain, reduced or increased urination?
steelpreacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2018, 02:37 PM   #7
Dakota
VET

Dakota is a name known to allDakota is a name known to allDakota is a name known to allDakota is a name known to allDakota is a name known to allDakota is a name known to all
Usually it is just a high protein diet and/or an intense work out that causes it. If you really have a thrash workout you can really spike the levels as I discovered once years ago. My doctor was concerned until I told him I had a killer work out and he quickly opined "that is it".
Old 01-28-2018, 05:37 AM   #8
Henrickson

Henrickson is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakota View Post
Usually it is just a high protein diet and/or an intense work out that causes it. If you really have a thrash workout you can really spike the levels as I discovered once years ago. My doctor was concerned until I told him I had a killer work out and he quickly opined "that is it".
I've never heard of this. That's good to know I suppose. Did you go again after a while or did your doctor not even require that?
Henrickson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2018, 10:43 AM   #9
liftsiron
Administrator

liftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakota View Post

Happens to me all the time.
Old 01-29-2018, 12:22 PM   #10
A1food4u

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrhtbd View Post
Lol! Seriously though, my thin older brother was a semi-truck driver of fuel for 28 years and had a physical every year. He wasn't overweight, but always had high Blood Pressure. Said there was excess blood in his urine for every test. He told me our Dad had the same issue and he wasn't overweight either.
I can see where having a couple hundred thousand gallons of explosive liquid sloshing around behind you might elevate your BP...lol
Old 01-29-2018, 12:58 PM   #11
Dakota
VET

Dakota is a name known to allDakota is a name known to allDakota is a name known to allDakota is a name known to allDakota is a name known to allDakota is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henrickson View Post
I've never heard of this. That's good to know I suppose. Did you go again after a while or did your doctor not even require that?
The Dr. didn't even suggest a follow up after I told him. He obviously attributed to a heavy workout and thought nothing of it. I have seen up and down levels over the years clearly relative to how long since my last workout and diet.
Old 01-29-2018, 02:09 PM   #12
liftsiron
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrhtbd View Post
Unless his kidneys were shot HBP doesn't cause blood in the urine.