• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dawgpound_Hank

Regular ibuprofen use & infertility

• liftsiron
    Administrator
    • Nov 2003

I seen that being mentioned in the news. It will be interesting to see if other studies replicate these results. Scary to think mothers who take ibuprofen may harm the testicles of their unborn little boys.
    ADMIN/OWNER@Peak-Muscle

Comment

• A.B
      VET
      • Jun 2004

Mmmmmm not trying to get too technical but taking ibuprofen during pct almost like a daily low dose aspirin.
      If ibuprofen increases LH maybe good for PCT?

Comment

• MR. BMJ
        • Apr 2006

Most doctor's I work with usually prescribe Tylenol over Ibuprofen for pregnant moms. I'd not worry about this study, or one's involved unless you take them long-term, which most people shouldn't be doing anyway. For the occasional user, they will be fine.
        Last edited by MR. BMJ; 01-10-2018, 01:39 PM.

Comment

• millenium girl
          • Apr 2006

I read about this earlier this week but I don't often take Ibuprofen and I have no testicles. I should be fine
          Don't forget to join
          http://www.worldclassbodybuilding.com
          http://www.basskilleronline.com

Comment

• mrhtbd
            • Apr 2015

US studies in (I believe) 2001, with over 3000 participants, showed: taking one ibuprofen a day reduced the risk of Alzheimer's by 60%.
            The study was repeated in Denmark using over 7000 participants and they came up with a statistic that taking one ibuprofen a day reduced the risk of Alzheimer's by 80%. People who already had Alzheimer's showed relief and improvement in memory function by taking 2000 IU vitamin E per day, even though the daily recommended dosage is 15 IU per day. I will try to locate the references.
            Note: taking up to five ibuprofen per day can lead to internal problems such as liver damage, so be careful.

Comment

• steelpreacher
              Vet
              • Jun 2013

Chronic Ibuprofen use WILL eventually lead to microscopic internal bleeding and ulcerations. Like BMJ said, "occasional use" get the inflammation down and move on.

edit:
              It will get your kidneys before it gets your liver htbd but yes it CAN get your liver enzymes up.
              Last edited by steelpreacher; 01-19-2018, 12:42 PM. Reason: see edit

Comment

• Dakota
                VET
                • Feb 2017

Originally posted by millenium girl
                I read about this earlier this week but I don't often take Ibuprofen and I have no testicles. I should be fine
                Whew!, I thought that was BMJ's post at first glance......
                The older I get the better I used to be.

Comment

• Dawgpound_Hank

Originally posted by Dakota
                  Whew!, I thought that was BMJ's post at first glance......
                  It still could be him.

Comment

Working...