Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mrhtbd
    • Apr 2015

Elevated Creatinine

Recent revelations about my long-term health condition have become apparent to me, leading to investigation into other anomalies in my blood tests over the past ten years. In particular, my creatinine levels have been over the upper limit since at least 2002. Many Doctors "wrote this off" as a result of my high muscular mass, but I wish to learn more about it for potential connectivity to other potentially long-standing issues.
    I am aware that creatinine is an indicator of kidney function, but my kidney results have remained in the normal range. My Urologist, since at least 2004, has indicated concern of blood in my urine. Several tests, including ultrasound, were performed with inconclusive results as to the cause(s). I suspected the extra blood in urine samples was from taking shots of TRT testosterone and simply filtering out the broken residual blood cells, but now, I am taking a closer look.
    Additionally, last year I had pain in my upper left abdomen and had an ultrasound of my organs, in particular my spleen. The doctor said it was not enlarged (with no reference; opinion) and in general the results were inconclusive. Luckily, since I moved out of the sewer gas apartment, this has subsided, but remains of concern.
    Any information anyone can provide about creatinine management, other than the standards as indicated by available trade journals, would be appreciated, ie; dietary, supplemental, connection to blood pathology, etc.
    Looks like I need to return to my biochemistry roots of 35 years ago!
    Thank you.
  • Glycomann

If your doc is concerned he will order a 24 hour creatinine test and a sonagram.

Comment

• Roughrydr
      • Oct 2017

My creatine levels go up and down based on consumption of red meat close to the taking of the blood test. Also higher protein diet can do this.
      Blood in the urine, I had this problem before. It was from having too much sex, mostly with women. But some self gratification too. Stop beating off too much.
      OFFO

Muscle Forged In Pain

Comment

• mrhtbd
        • Apr 2015

Lol! Seriously though, my thin older brother was a semi-truck driver of fuel for 28 years and had a physical every year. He wasn't overweight, but always had high Blood Pressure. Said there was excess blood in his urine for every test. He told me our Dad had the same issue and he wasn't overweight either.

Comment

• liftsiron
          Administrator
          • Nov 2003

creatinine levels can be elevated as a result of working out. Take a day or two off, before your next blood test.
          ADMIN/OWNER@Peak-Muscle

Comment

• steelpreacher
            Vet
            • Jun 2013

yes, we need more information. The whole chemistry panel will tell you more about your kidney function. Are you having symptoms...i.e. pain, reduced or increased urination?

Comment

• Dakota
              VET
              • Feb 2017

Usually it is just a high protein diet and/or an intense work out that causes it. If you really have a thrash workout you can really spike the levels as I discovered once years ago. My doctor was concerned until I told him I had a killer work out and he quickly opined "that is it".
              The older I get the better I used to be.

Comment

• Henrickson
                • Jan 2018

Originally posted by Dakota
                Usually it is just a high protein diet and/or an intense work out that causes it. If you really have a thrash workout you can really spike the levels as I discovered once years ago. My doctor was concerned until I told him I had a killer work out and he quickly opined "that is it".
                I've never heard of this. That's good to know I suppose. Did you go again after a while or did your doctor not even require that?

Comment

• liftsiron
                  Administrator
                  • Nov 2003

Originally posted by Dakota

Happens to me all the time.
                  ADMIN/OWNER@Peak-Muscle

Comment

• A1food4u

Originally posted by mrhtbd
                    Lol! Seriously though, my thin older brother was a semi-truck driver of fuel for 28 years and had a physical every year. He wasn't overweight, but always had high Blood Pressure. Said there was excess blood in his urine for every test. He told me our Dad had the same issue and he wasn't overweight either.
                    I can see where having a couple hundred thousand gallons of explosive liquid sloshing around behind you might elevate your BP...lol

Comment

• Dakota
                      VET
                      • Feb 2017

Originally posted by Henrickson
                      I've never heard of this. That's good to know I suppose. Did you go again after a while or did your doctor not even require that?
                      The Dr. didn't even suggest a follow up after I told him. He obviously attributed to a heavy workout and thought nothing of it. I have seen up and down levels over the years clearly relative to how long since my last workout and diet.
                      The older I get the better I used to be.

Comment

• liftsiron
                        Administrator
                        • Nov 2003

Originally posted by mrhtbd
                        Unless his kidneys were shot HBP doesn't cause blood in the urine.
                        ADMIN/OWNER@Peak-Muscle

Comment

Working...