Where have you pinned, where won't you pin?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dakota
    VET
    • Feb 2017

Where have you pinned, where won't you pin?

I just read another thread about pinning in the pecs. I never have and am confident I never will. Something about being so close to the heart and lungs just makes it seems weird.

I have pinned delts, tris, biceps, quads, glutes and ONCE in the calves. Never again, painful.
    The older I get the better I used to be.
  • Dawgpound_Hank

Yeah just read that post too by MM and cringed haha. I did ONE pec shot about 12 years back. All "appeared" to go smooth. Next day pec was getting tight and bruising. Two days later my mid to outer pec and upper bicep was all bruised - looked exactly like a pec tear. Went to the doc - he said I knicked a vein and had a hemotoma. I told him that I was at a birthday party for my gf's kid and they were playing pin the tail on the donkey & I was sitting down and the child fell into me sticking me in the chest with the pin haha. He seemed to buy it I dunno. Anyways, my chest was so tight and hard as a rock to the touch. Took 5 weeks to totally clear up. Needless to say I never poked pecs again!

Comment

• liftsiron
      Administrator
      • Nov 2003

I don’t think I’m going to pin chest traps or claves. I’m probably not going to hit lats either.
      ADMIN/OWNER@Peak-Muscle

Comment

• wallyd
        VET
        • Aug 2015

So far bis, tris, quads, glute & I think that’s it. I’m not too interested in trying calves, I always hear how painful it is.

Comment

• TheMuscleMan
          Vet
          • Feb 2015

I regularly pin many locations, I pin traps, pecs, lats, front delts, side delts, rear delts, glutes, ventro glutes.

I recently stopped VG shots because I was getting numbness when I laid on my right side, my whole leg would go numb, and I went to the doc after about 6 months of that happening and she said I had bursitis in my hip. I believe it is from doing many VG shots, most 3ml, and that caused me to have inflammation in my hip so I got anti inflammatory medicine for it and stopped VG shots and now I no longer get numbness in my leg.

Traps are always fun to pin, there are alot if nerves in that area and you will most like hit one now and again and your neck will spasm and twitch, it's kinda freaky.

Pecs are super easy to pin, I regularly put 3ml in each one. I pinned my pecs just yesterday and again today.

I often get bruises where I pin and alot if Times they will still be there in my next go around and I have to try to pin around it but still in the area I need to hit.

The one thing I can't stress enough is to pull back the plunger each and every shot to see if you hit a vein, blood equals vein and man's pin in another spot close by to avoid it.

Thanks
          TMM
          themuscleman@anonymousspeech.com
          tmm@securenym.net

Comment

• b52
            • Oct 2006

TMM you are an animal lmao! I pin glutes mostly and occasionally delts. I did quads once. Never again. I won't even try anywhere else with gear. Igf I'll pin anywhere.

Comment

• TheMuscleMan
              Vet
              • Feb 2015

Originally posted by b52
              TMM you are an animal lmao! I pin glutes mostly and occasionally delts. I did quads once. Never again. I won't even try anywhere else with gear. Igf I'll pin anywhere.
              Oh man all those spots are easy once you do them. I usually pin everyday so I needed alot of spots in my rotation to cut down on scar tissue and give the spots ,and bruises when I get them, time to heal some.

I took at look at a couple of websites and found how to do them and gave it a shot(pun intended)!

This site has been used by health professionals, nurses and doctors around the world since 2006. An indispensable tool to assist in the training, education and administration of injections. Not just for health professionals but also for elite athletes, bodybuilders and patients where self medication is applicable. Please read the Disclaimer before proceeding. This webpage

Thanks
              TMM
              tmm@securenym.net

Comment

• DRveejay11
                • Jul 2013

Lolol. I love that pin the tail on the donkey story / excuse. Haha. Hysterical.

Plan to use it if it ever happens to me.

I do chest injects almost weekly w a slin pin and only 1/2cc.
                No issues here (knock on wood of course). Guess I’m lucky.

Originally posted by Dawgpound_Hank
                Yeah just read that post too by MM and cringed haha. I did ONE pec shot about 12 years back. All "appeared" to go smooth. Next day pec was getting tight and bruising. Two days later my mid to outer pec and upper bicep was all bruised - looked exactly like a pec tear. Went to the doc - he said I knicked a vein and had a hemotoma. I told him that I was at a birthday party for my gf's kid and they were playing pin the tail on the donkey & I was sitting down and the child fell into me sticking me in the chest with the pin haha. He seemed to buy it I dunno. Anyways, my chest was so tight and hard as a rock to the touch. Took 5 weeks to totally clear up. Needless to say I never poked pecs again!

Comment

• DRveejay11
                  • Jul 2013

......but for some dang reason VG’s and me do not get along at all.

MM: I tried traps once and never again. The overall extreme muscle tightness there was too freaky. Couldn’t move my neck and traps for a week. Lol.

Comment

• TheMuscleMan
                    Vet
                    • Feb 2015

Originally posted by DRveejay11
                    ......but for some dang reason VG’s and me do not get along at all.

MM: I tried traps once and never again. The overall extreme muscle tightness there was too freaky. Couldn’t move my neck and traps for a week. Lol.
                    I don't any muscle tightness anymore! I did when I first started pinning some areas but I have been doing it for so long and so many times I don't get pain and I don't really get sore from shots. I can easily put 3ml in any of the places I pin with no pain or discomfort anymore.

Thanks
                    TMM
                    tmm@securenym.net

Comment

• MR. BMJ
                      • Apr 2006

I've tried just about everywhere, except the pecs. I'll never inject in that area....just freaks me out for some reason.

That said, my favorites are quads, delts, and glutes.

I've also done lats, bi's tri's and calves.

Calves I will never do again!!! Fukking painful afterward.

That all being said, I may use a slin pin to inject in other areas if the volume is small.

Comment

• Friggemall

I've pinned pretty much everywhere too. I still have pecs in my rotation no biggie. I don't do calves, traps or lats anymore. Calves because thy flippin hurt, traps and lats because I ache with flu like ache in my back and upper shoulders for a couple days after. But I do front & rear delts, upper & lower quad, glute/hip, pecs, bi & tri

Comment

• Dawgpound_Hank

Damn I still have many virgin spots left haha. All I ever poke is quads & lats. But when I start getting over 250ish, lats are difficult bcoz keeping my arm across my chest long enough to poke 1 - 1.5cc in my opposite-side lat causes my pec to start cramping. I have decent size quads so I can get 3 spots on each quad - upper outer, upper middle & mid outer. Lower quad isn't happening - if a pip poke, that area hurts like a mofo when walking. Guess I need to start adding delts into the rotation like most do. I almost always run long esters, so I usually only dart once ew or once e5d's.

Comment

• BikerTrash
                            Vet
                            • Aug 2011

I always enjoyed the pec location to pin ,I use biceps and quads for the most part anymore and stick to those areas, however in my prime I liked the pec inject .Least favorite was the traps.

Comment

• TheMuscleMan
                              Vet
                              • Feb 2015

Originally posted by Dawgpound_Hank
                              Damn I still have many virgin spots left haha. All I ever poke is quads & lats. But when I start getting over 250ish, lats are difficult bcoz keeping my arm across my chest long enough to poke 1 - 1.5cc in my opposite-side lat causes my pec to start cramping. I have decent size quads so I can get 3 spots on each quad - upper outer, upper middle & mid outer. Lower quad isn't happening - if a pip poke, that area hurts like a mofo when walking. Guess I need to start adding delts into the rotation like most do. I almost always run long esters, so I usually only dart once ew or once e5d's.
                              I have the same problem, I can't reach more than half the spots, that's why my wife does all my shots for me!

Thanks
                              TMM
                              tmm@securenym.net

Comment

Working...