Peak-Muscle.com  

Welcome to the Peak-Muscle.com forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. Come join us in on one of the best online fitness communities. We have 16,000 members that are likeminded towards a fitness, bodybuilding lifestyle. Registration is free and only takes but a few minutes. By joining our free community you will have access to communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. You will be able to create threads to discuss and or create a fitness regimen. Or just bounce ideas off of some very knowledgeable members. So don't miss out. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Peak-Muscle.com > Off Topic > MMA Talk
User Name
Password

Old 12-18-2016, 09:44 AM   #1
andrew0409
Vet

andrew0409 will become famous soon enoughandrew0409 will become famous soon enough
Anyone ever use halo for a fight

Anyone have any experience using halo for a fight. I'm getting ready for my first one, thinking about trying it for the first time.
andrew0409 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2016, 02:44 PM   #2
Glycomann

I trained on it. Competed on it once. It didn't do the marvelous things that people say at least for me. It did make me a lot stronger really really fast though and I gained no weight. I probably had at least 30 competitions before I ever used anything though and I only competed a few times on AAS. Rest of the time it was off season use.
Old 12-18-2016, 03:43 PM   #3
ozzy69
Assistant Admin

ozzy69 has much to be proud ofozzy69 has much to be proud ofozzy69 has much to be proud ofozzy69 has much to be proud ofozzy69 has much to be proud ofozzy69 has much to be proud ofozzy69 has much to be proud ofozzy69 has much to be proud ofozzy69 has much to be proud of
I've been in fights cuz I was on halo does that count?
ozzy69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2016, 08:35 AM   #4
andrew0409
Vet

andrew0409 will become famous soon enoughandrew0409 will become famous soon enough
does it kill endurance?
andrew0409 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2016, 08:43 AM   #5
ozzy69
Assistant Admin

ozzy69 has much to be proud ofozzy69 has much to be proud ofozzy69 has much to be proud ofozzy69 has much to be proud ofozzy69 has much to be proud ofozzy69 has much to be proud ofozzy69 has much to be proud ofozzy69 has much to be proud ofozzy69 has much to be proud of
Yes if your looking for strength prior to a fight just use test suspension
ozzy69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2016, 09:33 AM   #6
choke

yea; but I am not a fan. Your mileage may vary.
Frankly, it depends on how you fight in the first place. A good example would be looking at the ole Axe Murderer himself; Vanderlei Silva. Look at his early fights. The man sweat halo. His fighting was built upon full on, 100% savagery, and a likely quick end to the fight. That worked back in the day.

Nowadays, too many guys are well trained enough to weather the most brutal storm from a vicious striker or grappler. The effects of the halo WILL wear off in the course of a 15 minute fight if your opponent is able to handle your initial onslaught. And that is because your adrenaline, nervous system, and limbic system have taxed itself out. And no assistance in the world is going to work once your system starts crashing.

Back in the day, I geared up, and learned the hard was that if you use too much, you stay in a nasty cycle of having to re-train moves that at one point were second nature, and your body knew when it could pull them off. A good example would be, if you get caught in side mount. You're on your back, trying to turn into your opponent to re-gain guard, brace, or take the back. But you've put on just a little bit of mass, and now you can no longer squeeze through the places, with the same physical timing that you once did.

So ya gotta be careful.
I'd avoid the halo before the fight bro. Depending on who you're fighting, you won't likely need it. If you're fighting a tin can, have at it and destroy the guy. But careful what you ask for. Rip a guy to shreds, and the next time the promoter is going to find you an opponent that may see you as the tin can. I'm certainly not saying you are. But I had my first MMA fight in 93, and have been involved since, with the players that you know. It's a messed up game.