Peak-Muscle.com  

Welcome to the Peak-Muscle.com forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. Come join us in on one of the best online fitness communities. We have 16,000 members that are likeminded towards a fitness, bodybuilding lifestyle. Registration is free and only takes but a few minutes. By joining our free community you will have access to communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. You will be able to create threads to discuss and or create a fitness regimen. Or just bounce ideas off of some very knowledgeable members. So don't miss out. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Peak-Muscle.com > Competition Discussion > Contest Prep
User Name
Password

Old 05-23-2016, 01:49 PM   #1
Joe0690
Vet

Pacman Champion!
Joe0690 will become famous soon enoughJoe0690 will become famous soon enough
Question for any who has competed in a bodybuilding show

How far out do you start to cut? I am planning to do my first show next year low level it's just something that has been on my bucket list forever .... I want to do well how far out do you start cutting for a show? Do you do a bulk cycle right into a cut cycle or do you leave some time in between them? How many pounds a week when cutting for the show do you aim for?
Joe0690 is online now   Reply With Quote
Links

Old 05-23-2016, 01:58 PM   #2
liftsiron
Administrator

liftsiron has much to be proud ofliftsiron has much to be proud ofliftsiron has much to be proud ofliftsiron has much to be proud ofliftsiron has much to be proud ofliftsiron has much to be proud ofliftsiron has much to be proud ofliftsiron has much to be proud ofliftsiron has much to be proud ofliftsiron has much to be proud of
I start 20 weeks out and I never bulk up, as in getting fat.
Old 05-23-2016, 02:16 PM   #3
1bigun11

I try not to lose more than 1-2 pounds per week. So if I am twenty pounds over my contest weight, I would start twenty weeks out. It is much easier to be a little ahead of schedule and gradually tweak during the last four weeks than to still be starving yourself trying to rid yourself of 15-20 extra pounds of fat you didn't think you had, but now have to scramble to lose.

Moral. Don't get too fat in the offseason; and start your prep earlier than you think you will need to, especially for your first show.
Old 05-23-2016, 03:13 PM   #4
Joe0690
Vet

Pacman Champion!
Do you guys run a cycle during the whole 20 weeks of contest prep time?
Old 05-24-2016, 08:24 AM   #5
beast
Vet

beast is just really nicebeast is just really nicebeast is just really nicebeast is just really nice
Great answers! 20 weeks is great. And yes we run cycles all the way through. We change things getting closer to the show for less water retention. It gets complicated until you get used to it. Very important thing is T-3. You never wanna use it until you see it being a little harder to drop or a plateau. Then you only use little! Clen can be awesome as well but needs to be cycled on and off.I'm sure some of us could help design it for you.
Old 05-27-2016, 09:50 PM   #6
Joe0690
Vet

Pacman Champion!
Thanks I appricate It I am planning on doing a show next may so if I could see a mock cycle plan for contest prep I would really appricate it and if I'm just coming off a cycle now should I also do a cycle in between now and then or just wait till then ?
Old 05-29-2016, 08:30 AM   #7
beast
Vet

beast is just really nicebeast is just really nicebeast is just really nicebeast is just really nice
Everyone is different dude but I don't mind sharing what I've done. I think it's very important to take the appropriate time off drugs to let the body rest and recover, so plan that in your timing. The longer the better. Test has always been my base so Lets start there 500 wk is plenty especially if you took the right time off.

Test 500wk
Tren E 400wk
Dbol 50mg daily
5 units HGH mon-fri

As I get closer to the show I change the compounds ester.

Test750wk
tren A 75mg EOD
5units hgh mon-fri

8 weeks out I added T-3 at 25 mcg daily and clen. Can't remember the dose on clen but it was small.
Old 05-29-2016, 08:27 PM   #8
Joe0690
Vet

Pacman Champion!
Thanks for your input I appricate it all... I'm nervous about it all.
Old 08-25-2016, 03:29 PM   #9
IronHorse
Vet

IronHorse is on a distinguished road
Biggest thing for me is tapering the diet down using carb cycling then ketosis before to get those last stubborn pockets. I just came off yesterday and I was on

Tren A 100 eod
Test P 100 eod
Tren E 200 Mon and Thurs
EQ 300 eod

I'm off oils now and taking 100mg of winny and 100mg of Var every day. I also have Halo ready to rip. I'm 6 days out from my show.
IronHorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2016, 06:49 AM   #10
bufbiker

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronHorse View Post
Biggest thing for me is tapering the diet down using carb cycling then ketosis before to get those last stubborn pockets. I just came off yesterday and I was on

Tren A 100 eod
Test P 100 eod
Tren E 200 Mon and Thurs
EQ 300 eod

I'm off oils now and taking 100mg of winny and 100mg of Var every day. I also have Halo ready to rip. I'm 6 days out from my show.

Great looking run.