Ketosis Diet

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Sadie

i have done the keto diet... its harsh as all hell and i strongly suggest the use of ephedra for the first week until your body realizes it can no longer use carbs for energy

Comment

• Xframe

Yes energy will be at an all time low for about a week or so. Carb cravings will subside and it'll be easier to curb cravings. Just stick to it.

Comment

• OKMEDIC
        • Oct 2007

I"m thinkin about givin this a shot. I need to drop about 15 more lbs by first part of June. I"m down about 8 or 10 already. Just have to get my food figured out. That's the hardest part. Well, second to getting the meals in when I need to. I'm out and about all day, but I"m about to make the other guys do all the running around and I"m staying in. At least for the first week or so. I read the Polumbo diet, you all have any good suggestions as far as meals go? Or should one keep it as simple as Polumbo?
        The reputation of a thousand years may be determined by the conduct of only one hour.

Comment

• OLYMPIAN

Originally posted by Ching
          Bro, I'm weeks away from prep, when I start it...I'll log it.
          the sooner the better ,chingy.

Comment

• OLYMPIAN

Originally posted by Sadie
            i have done the keto diet... its harsh as all hell and i strongly suggest the use of ephedra for the first week until your body realizes it can no longer use carbs for energy

lol..no shit..you're following the no food just coffee diet..

Comment

• eric bell

I have a question that may be more theoretical than anything else. Assume you were in ketosis and decided to do a marathon cardio session. Lets say 24 hours on a treadmill (or on a hiking trail with a backpack) at bpm < 130. If you were to supplement throughout with bcaa's or protein shakes, would your body derive its fuel primarily from fat stores for the duration of the exercise? Could you conceivably lose multiple pounds in one marathon session without sacrificing much muscle?? I saw a TV program about a gut that was swimming the English Channel. He had intentionally put on extra pounds of fat claiming that this would be his fuel during the 30(?) hour swim. It would have been nice to see some before & after pics.

Comment

Working...