X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tatyana
    Female Member
    • May 2006

Dave Palumbo's Low Carb Diet

Someone posted this as an example of one day on his diet.

I think he does have different days.

Not far off what I am eating, just more real food with my diet.

Nice to know that nuts are cool on the low carb thing, I have been eating them, however, I have avoided cashews as they are high in carbs compared to other nuts.

Dave Palumbo Diet

6 meals:

Protein shake - 40 g protein

1/2 cup Egg Beaters & 1 omega egg

6 oz Chicken breast & veggies, cashews

6 oz Steak & veggies, mixed nuts

I try to stay under 50 g carbs a day.
    I have a crush on drVJ. I heard all the ladies do. He is sooo fine.
  • JrMaFia
    BANNED for being a JETS fan
    • Oct 2007

i still cannot understand this diet
    Randy 'The Ram' Robinson: Goddamn they don't make em' like they used to.
    Cassidy: Fuckin' 80's man, best shit ever !
    Randy 'The Ram' Robinson: Bet'chr ass man, Guns N' Roses! Rules.
    Cassidy: Crue!
    Randy 'The Ram' Robinson: Yeah!
    Cassidy: Def Lep!
    Randy 'The Ram' Robinson: Then that Cobain pussy had to come around & ruin it all.
    Cassidy: Like theres something wrong, why not just have a good time?
    Randy 'The Ram' Robinson: I'll tell you somethin', I hate the fuckin' 90's.

Comment

• Hugemidget
      • May 2007

Originally posted by JrMaFia
      I thought you said you liked his diet?
      Last edited by Hugemidget; 10-21-2007, 01:08 AM.
      POPTARTS BIAATCH!!!

Comment

• laurie

what dont u understand bout it JrMafia?

and yes nuts are very good. almonds are fantabulous.. good fats, great protien..

Comment

• laurie

i personally would go crazy without some carbs(sweet pot, brown rice, oatmeal) and fruit. this must be his cut diet huh?

Comment

• Tatyana
            Female Member
            • May 2006

Low carb diets work hun. I have been doing some reviewing of my metabolic pathways, interesting, muscle prefers fatty acids as the energy source.

The calories stay more or less the same (I do vary mine a bit so my body does not adapt to the same amount of calories every day), and you vary the carbs (higher or lower) and the fat (lower or higher) respectively.

All carbs are broken down to glucose, just at different rates. Glucose is either stored in the liver (50 g) or skeletal muscle (200 g) as glycogen.

Deplete the glycogen stores and your body has to start using another fuel source.

The brain and skeletal muscles are the most metabolically demanding tissues. Brain can adapt to ketone bodies (by product of the beta-oxidation or breakdown of fat), and like I said, the muscles prefer fatty acids.

Our bodies will still make glucose, through the process of gluconeogenesis, like glycolysis (central metabolic pathway), sort of in reverse. The glycerol backbone of triglyceride or a few of the glucogenic amino acids can also be converted to glucose.

A few amino acids also slot into the Kreb's cycle at three places, called an aneupleurotic reaction (filling up reaction) when there is no glucose.

These intermediates can be converted to acetyl-CoA which can also be converted to glucose.

x
            x
            x

T

Comment

• OLYMPIAN

im on it right now but instead of one re-feed meal per week i have a whole cheat day since i still have a lot time to get in shape.

Mafia , healthy fats preserve muscle when youre on low or 0 carbs..( ketosis mode)i

Comment

• Squatch

I believe there is alot of merit to low-carb dieting in order to get into contest shape. I've seen a couple different diets of his for women, tatyana. One has 6 meals, one has 5.

Comment

• Tatyana
                  Female Member
                  • May 2006

Originally posted by OLYMPIAN
                  im on it right now but instead of one re-feed meal per week i have a whole cheat day since i still have a lot time to get in shape.

Mafia , healthy fats preserve muscle when youre on low or 0 carbs..( ketosis mode)i

Please tell me how you do zero carbs.

I would like to see how your diet looks for that day, cause all I can manage to get it down to is around 40 g/day.

Again, what I read in a biochem text, less than 70 g a day will put most people in ketosis.

I have heard some need to drop to less than 10 though.

How do you check, are you peeing on a stick?

x
                  x
                  x

T

Comment

• Tatyana
                    Female Member
                    • May 2006

Originally posted by laurie
                    i personally would go crazy without some carbs(sweet pot, brown rice, oatmeal) and fruit. this must be his cut diet huh?
                    The first time I was told I had to carb deplete, I went "you have GOT to be kidding', I didn't think it was possible, sounded so different from my comp diet (I was doing carb tapering/curfews with low medium and high carb days, but low carb days were something like 120 g carbs!!)

WHAT NO OATMEAL for BREAKFAST!!!!!

I must admit I didn't carb deplete very well the first time, I didn't make up lost calories with fat.

It was TOUGH.

Last year I tried a proper carb cycling with something like low, low medium, low high pattern, low carb days were under 80 g.

DID MY HEAD IN!!!! All I did on low carb days was crave carbs, and on high carb days, crave fats like peanut butter

Needless to say, didn't work.

This year I am doing between three to five days low carbs, then one day high carbs. Tried a re-feed in the first few weeks, also not a good idea for me.

Actually, I am really enjoying dieting this way, I am far less hungry far less often.

I notice I get the ravenous hunger again on high carb days.

I am also cutting up differently, I haven't had a problem with my upper body, but my quads never ripped up as much as I have wanted, and they are starting to come through more now.

I don't look as shredded as early as I did last time, but I did cut out salt WAY TOO early.

I also did WAY too much running last time, this time I am walking walking walking.............

So while I look a bit flatter from glycogen depletion, and a bit blurry from salt, I am liking that the 'fullness' of my muscles is still there.

NOW just to get my lower half to start ripping up as much as my upper body is right now.

MAN I did some damage off season

Comment

• Zeus
                      • Oct 2007

There is no way in hell someone can eat like that and be big and strong, complete bull in my opinion. Shit I lean out on 200g carbs a day and to me that is low enough and I need at least 450 to 500 gms of protein a day.
                      Zeus was known for having numerous affairs with mortal women producing even more children including Hercules.

The United States National institute on Aging is funding studies to confirm earlier findings that human growth hormone (HGH) and other hormones, including DHEA (an adrenal hormone) and sex hormones, can slow, stop, and/or possibly reverse the changes associated with aging.

ANTHONY D'AREZZO TRIBUTE
                      A good friend of mine, trainer and mentor RIP Anthony

ARNOLD SCHWARZENEGGER

DORIAN YATES

MIKE MENTZER

Comment

• Tatyana
                        Female Member
                        • May 2006

Originally posted by Zeus
                        There is no way in hell someone can eat like that and be big and strong, complete bull in my opinion. Shit I lean out on 200g carbs a day and to me that is low enough and I need at least 450 to 500 gms of protein a day.

It is a comp diet technique.

I got quite ripped eating 200 g of carbs a day too, but my lower body never got ripped enough.

It is not a mass building diet, it is to maintain what you got when you take the fat off.

Comment

• Tatyana
                          Female Member
                          • May 2006

Originally posted by Zeus

I would also think that the diet is tailored to the lean body mass, so it wouldn't be exactly the same for everyone. It would depend on how big you are, how much muscle you have.

Comment

• OLYMPIAN

Here is my diet , not 0 carbs but very low on it.

1..5 whole omega 3 eggs..4 extra eggwhites cooked in Mac oil.

2. 8 oz of chicken , 1 cup of almonds.

3. isopure ,2 tbs of natty pb.

4. 8oz of chicken, 1 cups almonds

5.10 oz steak, i cup of lettuce ,2 tbs of olive oil.

6..isopure ,2 tbs of natty pb.

Comment

• Tatyana
                              Female Member
                              • May 2006

Originally posted by OLYMPIAN
                              Here is my diet , not 0 carbs but very low on it.

1..5 whole omega 3 eggs..4 extra eggwhites cooked in Mac oil.

2. 8 oz of chicken , 1 cup of almonds.

3. isopure ,2 tbs of natty pb.

4. 8oz of chicken, 1 cups almonds

5.10 oz steak, i cup of lettuce ,2 tbs of olive oil.

6..isopure ,2 tbs of natty pb.

The only carbs would be in the almonds, which is quite low, peanut butter and there is a tiny bit in lettuce.

I am assuming your whey protein is no carb.

OK, so then second question, cause this is a problem with Atkins when people do not eat much veg, they get constipated.

This is an example of my diet:
                              Breakfast
                              2 whole eggs
                              4 egg whites
                              150 g asparagus
                              5 g olive oil

OR

100 g tofu yogurt
                              35 g whey
                              20 g peanut butter

Three hours later

200 g cauliflower
                              15 g almond butter
                              20 g coarse mustard
                              80 g chicken breast

90-100 g filet mignon
                              200 g broccolli
                              20 g tahini

OR

90-100 g filet mignon
                              200 g spinach cooked
                              7.5 g olive oil

I used to have salads with radishes, celery, green or red onions, but now that it is colder, don't fancy them anymore

Lunch to go

100 g celery
                              20 g peanut butter
                              80 g chicken breast

Winter low carb meal
                              Chicken stew with low carb veggies including swede, cauliflower, leeks, celeriac

On high carb day, I am also doing chicken stews with parsnips, baby new potatoes, leeks, swede

I also have a raw veg salad with grated carrots and beetroot, celery and then 20 g of toasted pumpkin and sunflower seeds, 80 g chicken breast

The only time I have a straight up protein shake (usually a whey 'cooler') is post training.

Right now I have a massive craving for spagetti squash, but I can't find any ANYWHERE.

Last year I had to buy some at great expense from Fresh and Wild or Planet Organic in London

I also have a seed sprouter, and I am going to start sprouting again (sunflower seeds, alfalpha seeds, radish seeds, mung beans).

I do have a lot of meals I repeat, and I have listed them, but I do diet a bit 'intuitively'.

I just keep track of all my calories and macros.

x
                              x
                              x

T

Comment

Working...