X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • willi
    Banned
    • Nov 2012

Originally posted by liftsiron
    Your body can't totally digest raw eggs properly, you should use liquid eggs from cartons which are pasturized and easy to digest. Rocky drinking raw eggs was a lack of nutrition on his part.
    Ha! Experimented today. No eggs at all for a while. Felt great. Thought I would try them post workout so did 10....hadn't read your post yet Lifts. Havoc! My stomach is still turning at 9:30pm. Other things happened too. Not for print.
    So just got back from store and bought hamburger helper as Hank suggested and Hey! Lobster was on this wild sale for $5 a piece! They are frozen but wow!
    So grateful for everyones ideas. I will use them. No stopping Willi!

Comment

• Darkness
      • Apr 2011

You could always mix up some of that magic carb powder I told you about to add to your shakes. I've making them with egg whites from a carton, one scoop of whey, 50g carbs from the magic powder, and a big slop of olive oil. Oh yea and a good sprinkle of generic fiber powder...very important.

Something to add to your menu maybe

Comment

• 1bigun11

Here is a trick I just learned that is fast and easy. I dump a can of tuna in with a can of Campell's chunky clam chowder soup (or whatever kind of soup) and microwave it in a super-size drink container, then eat/drink it down.

Not quite as fast as just gulping down some eggs, but pretty fast nonetheless, lol

Comment

• willi
          Banned
          • Nov 2012

Originally posted by Darkness
          You could always mix up some of that magic carb powder I told you about to add to your shakes. I've making them with egg whites from a carton, one scoop of whey, 50g carbs from the magic powder, and a big slop of olive oil. Oh yea and a good sprinkle of generic fiber powder...very important.

Something to add to your menu maybe
          I went to our store to search that and talked to owner. I might do that also.

Comment

• willi
            Banned
            • Nov 2012

Originally posted by 1bigun11
            Here is a trick I just learned that is fast and easy. I dump a can of tuna in with a can of Campell's chunky clam chowder soup (or whatever kind of soup) and microwave it in a super-size drink container, then eat/drink it down.

Not quite as fast as just gulping down some eggs, but pretty fast nonetheless, lol
            Thank you bro! I will try that...it sounds great plus....whenever I look at your avi...I think... Im doing whatever that guy tells me! Appreciate your help and hope you are doing great.

Comment

• John Benz
              Vet
              • Jan 2004

Willi, I don't agree that raw eggs are not digested completely, but I do think soft or hardboiled are better. Raw egg white contains a protein called avidin, which deactivates a B-vitamin called biotin. But...studies show that you would have to eat about 2 dozen raw eggs a day for biotin deficiency to become a concern.

With cooked eggs, the yolks can cause an allergic reaction in people who eat whole eggs on a regular basis. I just eat one whole egg and 5-6 eggs minus the yolk.

Comment

• willi
                Banned
                • Nov 2012

Originally posted by John Benz
                Willi, I don't agree that raw eggs are not digested completely, but I do think soft or hardboiled are better. Raw egg white contains a protein called avidin, which deactivates a B-vitamin called biotin. But...studies show that you would have to eat about 2 dozen raw eggs a day for biotin deficiency to become a concern.

With cooked eggs, the yolks can cause an allergic reaction in people who eat whole eggs on a regular basis. I just eat one whole egg and 5-6 eggs minus the yolk.
                John, I easily fall into the category of too many. I was doing 8 at a hit about three to four times a day. Thats 24-36 eggs!
                I will experiment and try some whites and also just plain doing fewer. Thanks for your help! I appreciate that!

Comment

• Darkness
                  • Apr 2011

Originally posted by willi
                  I went to our store to search that and talked to owner. I might do that also.
                  I don't think I'm buying anymore of that Karbolic. It's a kick ass product but I can almost duplicate it for about 20% of the cost. You have a lot more money than I though.

Comment

• willi
                    Banned
                    • Nov 2012

ok Ive begun to do these things. No eggs. Feeling pretty great.

Comment

• MR. BMJ
                      • Apr 2006

Willi, what exactly was happening to you while eating eggs recently?

Comment

• willi
                        Banned
                        • Nov 2012

Originally posted by MR. BMJ
                        Willi, what exactly was happening to you while eating eggs recently?
                        Hi BMJ, Been off completely two days now. Background: Had gall bladder out in October. Since then my doc has been trying to figure why I have had "radical" bloating.

Since off of eggs two days ago...bloating is significantly reduced and appears to continue to diminish. No gas and pain...Ive had just been living with that. Its just better. Basically the same thing happened with my shakes. I became sensistive and bloated had the runs and all that. Doc did tests an found I was sensitive to whey, casein and everything good in a presto shake. Then switched to the raw eggs and did great till now. Now they have rejected me. So now no drinks. Full meals 5 times a day. Usually red meat or chicken or fish, green veggy and pretty much no fat because still not able to fully digest cause of the missing gall bladder. Doc says body will adjust shortly and fats will again be tolerated.
                        I have pics of the distension. It was scary. Hence, I only have been posting back pics.

Comment

• Shovel
                          VET
                          • Jul 2011

Seen those new protein tubes? 42g of protein in one lil shot. I have one first thing every morning.
                          Are you just goin for more protein or more cals? If cals, DPH's suggestion is what I like too. Tuna with mayo and sweet relish is good rolled up on flatbread.
                          Semper Fi

Comment

• willi
                            Banned
                            • Nov 2012

Originally posted by Shovel
                            Seen those new protein tubes? 42g of protein in one lil shot. I have one first thing every morning.
                            Are you just goin for more protein or more cals? If cals, DPH's suggestion is what I like too. Tuna with mayo and sweet relish is good rolled up on flatbread.
                            No Tell me. Quick protein is what Im seeking.

Comment

• Shovel
                              VET
                              • Jul 2011

No Tell me. Quick protein is what Im seeking.
                              For all those people who find it more convenient to bother you with their question rather than to Google it for themselves.
                              Semper Fi

Comment

• Shovel
                                VET
                                • Jul 2011

Hi BMJ, Been off completely two days now. Background: Had gall bladder out in October. Since then my doc has been trying to figure why I have had "radical" bloating.

Since off of eggs two days ago...bloating is significantly reduced and appears to continue to diminish. No gas and pain...Ive had just been living with that. Its just better. Basically the same thing happened with my shakes. I became sensistive and bloated had the runs and all that. Doc did tests an found I was sensitive to whey, casein and everything good in a presto shake. Then switched to the raw eggs and did great till now. Now they have rejected me. So now no drinks. Full meals 5 times a day. Usually red meat or chicken or fish, green veggy and pretty much no fat because still not able to fully digest cause of the missing gall bladder. Doc says body will adjust shortly and fats will again be tolerated.
                                I have pics of the distension. It was scary. Hence, I only have been posting back pics.
                                What's your total sodium intake look like? Eggs have 60-70 mg of sodium each. I'd do pasteurized eggs if possible. My limit is 3000mg daily. I never come close to it though. Get your heart checked bud. Just for peace of mind...
                                Semper Fi

Comment

Working...