massive forearms

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Julien

massive forearms

what training strategy should be used ? once a week or more ? personaly I work dem twice a week i've gained size and they got more ripped but compared to the intensity of my work out on my forearms they didn't grow as they should have, maybe its better to work dem every day ??? any advices
  • CO-B16
    Vet
    • May 2004

i used to directly train my forearms, but only noticed a little vascularity, and actually looked like i was losing some mass in them... so i stopped directly hittin them, but they get a hell of a workout on my back and bi day... and ever since they seem to be getting bigger...not sure why..but ill stick to working them indirectly...
    THIS POST IS FOR ENTERTAINMENT PURPOSES ONLY

YO MOMMA

Comment

• Mudge
      • Sep 2003

Every single bodypart I want size or strength on, I MUST train directly, that goes for forearms and neck as well.

I train them once and sometimes twice a week, in part because I use straps (I cannot use chalk in my gym), otherwise it would be once and a MAX of 5 sets of extentions, and same for wrist curls. You can do plate grabs and such like that as well.

I never got too serious about grip training and never got past two standard 25s for a matter of seconds, but serious grip strength people that you can't even tell work out, can wrist curl big big ass weights. Watch your range of motion so you dont cause pain, dont bounce, and dont use weights that kill you. Some guys can wrist curl over 300 pounds but I sure as hell can't, I liked being a raw lifter but it was hurting my heavy lifts so I went straps.

Comment

• Julien

well me i used to work dem only once a week but noticed almost no gains so now ive been workin dem harder than ever ive heard its the same principle as when you work out the calves and abds the fibers need to be hitted hard almost every day in order to grow because its not the same type of fibers, so now i work dem hard as fuck 4 times a week before going to bed and it seems to work i've noticed changes

Comment

• Mudge
          • Sep 2003

Here is what I am going to stick with for now. I dont like to work them too much in one day, so 2 sets twice a week will do the trick for me. This way my volume is low enough that my wrists/carpel doesn't hate me, and I can still keep some meat on them because I do use straps for rows/deads/shrugs.

Comment

• angrylifter

i used to work forarms all the time - but i don't do it as much cuz it was starting to irritate my wrists. easiest thing - DON"T USE STRAPS! i have talked to some powerlifting guys i train with - and they said if you go raw - you build that grip - and that brute hard grip will help you in your lifts and you will notice growth - they do not grow fast - easy to get vascular - but not so easy to get huge ----- every once in a while - i will do my forarms and get great results with this workout - use a cambered bar - for REVERSE curls - then superset them with barbell wrist curls - that works awsome - when im done - its hell to drive home cuz i can't fucking shift! do 3 supersets of that (6 sets)- and do as many reps as you can do all 3 sets - and do it AFTER you are done with your arm workout - let me know how it works for ya

Comment

• CO-B16
              Vet
              • May 2004

Originally posted by angrylifter
              i used to work forarms all the time - but i don't do it as much cuz it was starting to irritate my wrists. easiest thing - DON"T USE STRAPS! i have talked to some powerlifting guys i train with - and they said if you go raw - you build that grip - and that brute hard grip will help you in your lifts and you will notice growth - they do not grow fast - easy to get vascular - but not so easy to get huge ----- every once in a while - i will do my forarms and get great results with this workout - use a cambered bar - for REVERSE curls - then superset them with barbell wrist curls - that works awsome - when im done - its hell to drive home cuz i can't fucking shift! do 3 supersets of that (6 sets)- and do as many reps as you can do all 3 sets - and do it AFTER you are done with your arm workout - let me know how it works for ya
              this is very true... i do not use straps unless i can not pull the weight at all... heavy deads is really the only lift i use straps on...
              THIS POST IS FOR ENTERTAINMENT PURPOSES ONLY

YO MOMMA

Comment

Working...