The Cutting Primer

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kickflip484

Just out of curiousity. Thats only roughly 2100 calories a day. Isnt that a little to low for a 200 lb guy???

Comment

• Stackt

Well said ,I didnt know diet played a big part I was just eating shitty just trying to get big and cut up wasnt workin . #1 Diet , #2 cardio is the key

Comment

• workingout
        VET
        • Apr 2004

When you refer to cheating is it just one snack every few days or is it a whole meal once a week?

Would you count fruit as cheating in this diet? I love them fruit smothies, The Magic Bullet rocks.
        He who does not strike first is the first stricken.

BS ESS

Comment

• liftsiron
          Administrator
          • Nov 2003

Originally posted by workingout
          When you refer to cheating is it just one snack every few days or is it a whole meal once a week?

Would you count fruit as cheating in this diet? I love them fruit smothies, The Magic Bullet rocks.

Come contest day you can tell who cheated and who didn't. How much sugar and calories in one fruit smothie?
          ADMIN/OWNER@Peak-Muscle

Comment

• workingout
            VET
            • Apr 2004

Originally posted by liftsiron
            Come contest day you can tell who cheated and who didn't. How much sugar and calories in one fruit smothie?
            About 350 cals, all sugar. LOL

When I make'em my self there's not that much. Only about 175. Strawberies, blueberries and non-fat yogurt. not bad at all.

BS ESS

Comment

• workingout
              VET
              • Apr 2004

Apples have a low Glycimic Index rating...are they ok?

how about breads made with low GI flours such as pumpernickle, rye and brown rice flour?

BS ESS

Comment

• voracious

Apples have a low Glycimic Index rating...are they ok?

how about breads made with low GI flours such as pumpernickle, rye and brown rice flour?
                Yes but I am not very familiar with the brown rice flour used in bread - I would suggest that you check out USDA.gov and look up the GI of the brown rice flour.

Also, remember about timing of your carbs and when you will want to eat the low GI vs. the high GI foods.

And yes, apples have a low glycemic index as well as any berry. Melon fruits are high and citrus fruits are mid to high.

Comment

• workingout
                  VET
                  • Apr 2004

I tried the Bread made from brown rice flour. It was good, I ate sandwhiches every day and still lost a lot of weight. I think I will stick with it. Althought at $6 a loaf I might start making my own. That way I can use splenda in it instead of honey, and flax oil instead of soya oil.

BS ESS

Comment

• voracious

I tried the Bread made from brown rice flour. It was good, I ate sandwhiches every day and still lost a lot of weight. I think I will stick with it. Althought at $6 a loaf I might start making my own. That way I can use splenda in it instead of honey, and flax oil instead of soya oil.
                    WOW! Sounds very delicious but at $6 a loaf - I think I'd try making it myself too LOL! If you come across a good recipe or anything, post it up.

Comment

• liftsiron
                      Administrator
                      • Nov 2003

I eat Sara Lee delightful wheat 45 calories a slice.
                      ADMIN/OWNER@Peak-Muscle

Comment

• workingout
                        VET
                        • Apr 2004

Originally posted by voracious
                        WOW! Sounds very delicious but at $6 a loaf - I think I'd try making it myself too LOL! If you come across a good recipe or anything, post it up.
                        Will do! My next experemint will be to test my blood sugar while eating the brown rice bread as compaired to whole weat and sourdough.

I just learned that sour dough bread has less impact on the blood glucose levels than whole wheat. Something to do with the fermentation slowing down the carb uptake simular to the way protein can slow it down, not really sure though, I'm still looking into that.

BS ESS

Comment

• mappgh

Originally posted by kickflip484
                          Just out of curiousity. Thats only roughly 2100 calories a day. Isnt that a little to low for a 200 lb guy???

No, not really, it all truly depends on your RMR, but for cutting thats about right....now you have to take in consideration that when you cut your bound to sacrafice a little muscle this is pretty unavoidable, but if your calories are too low then you can sacrafice lots of muscle. Thats why diets are sooooo important.

Comment

• mappgh

Will do! My next experemint will be to test my blood sugar while eating the brown rice bread as compaired to whole weat and sourdough.

I just learned that sour dough bread has less impact on the blood glucose levels than whole wheat. Something to do with the fermentation slowing down the carb uptake simular to the way protein can slow it down, not really sure though, I'm still looking into that.
                            I learned about this recently too......like my sourdough!

Comment

• colossus

So speaking specifically of PWO nutrition. I understand the protein portion of it and kinda the dextrose portion. I have dextrose powder so I know I can take it that way but is their specific foods it can be found in? I heard gatorade was a good source of dextrose but I am not sure how experiance the source was that told me that? I am unsure of what carbs contain maltodexrin? Can you explain and give me some diet options on how I can get my proper mix of dextrose and maltodexrin pwo? Thank You

Comment

• liftsiron
                                Administrator
                                • Nov 2003

Originally posted by colossus
                                So speaking specifically of PWO nutrition. I understand the protein portion of it and kinda the dextrose portion. I have dextrose powder so I know I can take it that way but is their specific foods it can be found in? I heard gatorade was a good source of dextrose but I am not sure how experiance the source was that told me that? I am unsure of what carbs contain maltodexrin? Can you explain and give me some diet options on how I can get my proper mix of dextrose and maltodexrin pwo? Thank You
                                Dextrose and maltodextrin is good post workout but actually any fast acting carb works just as good, gatorade or a pop tart is fine.
                                ADMIN/OWNER@Peak-Muscle

Comment

Working...