Peak-Muscle.com  

Welcome to the Peak-Muscle.com forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. Come join us in on one of the best online fitness communities. We have 16,000 members that are likeminded towards a fitness, bodybuilding lifestyle. Registration is free and only takes but a few minutes. By joining our free community you will have access to communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. You will be able to create threads to discuss and or create a fitness regimen. Or just bounce ideas off of some very knowledgeable members. So don't miss out. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Peak-Muscle.com > Journals and Member Photos > Training Journals
User Name
Password

Old 10-03-2007, 10:21 AM   #16
Haven68rs

Good news Z, It didnt fall off this morning on my walk!

Last night I did 2 reps of the incline run/walk cycle. Only reached a distance of a mile in about 15 minutes. Yea, shutup. that incline kills me. My back kills during it. I figure its the uphill push and the extra weight I have gained in my upper body. I have always had a buldging disc in my lower back but it has not bothered me in quite some time. Might have to think of something else for night time cardio.

This morning I did 35 minutes incline walk, my feet stayed attached this time.

My weight in with clothes on and no shoes was 206 today. I figured that is about what I can expect to be with Gi on. So I am just about right on target. I am going to pick up a thinner 1 ply gi for this tournament.

Wickyd Wednesday today, so I'll report tomorrow morning the results of my lifting, Jitz and Vale Tudo.
Old 10-03-2007, 10:27 AM   #17
LadyZ
AE Female Member

LadyZ is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haven68rs
Good news Z, It didnt fall off this morning on my walk!

Last night I did 2 reps of the incline run/walk cycle. Only reached a distance of a mile in about 15 minutes. Yea, shutup. that incline kills me. My back kills during it. I figure its the uphill push and the extra weight I have gained in my upper body. I have always had a buldging disc in my lower back but it has not bothered me in quite some time. Might have to think of something else for night time cardio.

This morning I did 35 minutes incline walk, my feet stayed attached this time.

My weight in with clothes on and no shoes was 206 today. I figured that is about what I can expect to be with Gi on. So I am just about right on target. I am going to pick up a thinner 1 ply gi for this tournament.

Wickyd Wednesday today, so I'll report tomorrow morning the results of my lifting, Jitz and Vale Tudo.
LOL.. that's a good thing... have you gone to the doctor for that?

Yesterday i felt like crap... I did chest and cardio... And my cardio sucked totally... i knew that i was not putting alot into... and when i got to work i realized that i have a cold... i still do... let's tomorrow how i'm going to do with my back exercises..

Have fun in your wicked wednesday.
LadyZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 09:40 AM   #18
Haven68rs

Sorry to hear about your cold! Meh to the doctors. Those guys are only good when you have a crazy infection that just won't go away.... I've uhh.. Never had.. one of those.

So yesturday was typical. I went to the gym after work at 5pm and pushed out a good chest workout. I am really feeling strong atm and am debating if I want to raise faster than I was previously. Heres the numbers.

Flat Bench
145:10 235:10 285:10 305:10 325:6 345:3 365:1
Incline Bells 105: 10/10/7
Dips 2x45 1x25 (115pds weighted): 20/19/14
Seated Tris 60: 20/20/14

After this I suited up and went to BJJ. We worked a couple single leg style takedowns. Then did some bait and hook techniques from sidemount designed to get someone to defend something like a sizor choke which gives you thier hand for a keylock. some people defend a keylock by rotating the hand (almost locking them into a straight armbar) but passing to thier waist. They sometimes grab their belt or just sit on thier hand. We worked a kimura then transition to a reverse grip shoulder lock from north south just incase they defended in such a way. I rolled with Victor today and well, he put a clinic on me. He pulled me into his guard which I am awesome on the top... dont comment. So I was able to pass and control but could not lock in sideguard I need to ask him what he was doing because everytime I would pass his guard and try to sink my knee under his armpit I just couldnt. My crossface was deep and I got the underhook just couldnt get the knee. in the end he submitted me by armbar. It's been a bit since I have been caught so yea that sucks.

Vale Tudo, it was just our guy Rudy and I. Rudy is a quick son of a bitch. so I really do enjoy sparring him. It keeps my on my toes and makes me work. We worked with just him and I 3 minute rounds 1 minute rest for about an hour. About 10 minutes left in the 60 minute time period I think we had enough.

My shoulder is okay this morning but I always feel it after wednesdays. This is probably the best it's been after a wens. but then, I didnt roll with our giant last night. Tonight I will be hitting back, then my cardio then no-gi.
Old 10-04-2007, 10:37 AM   #19
LadyZ
AE Female Member

Quote:
Sorry to hear about your cold! Meh to the doctors. Those guys are only good when you have a crazy infection that just won't go away.... I've uhh.. Never had.. one of those.

So yesturday was typical. I went to the gym after work at 5pm and pushed out a good chest workout. I am really feeling strong atm and am debating if I want to raise faster than I was previously. Heres the numbers.

Flat Bench
145:10 235:10 285:10 305:10 325:6 345:3 365:1
Incline Bells 105: 10/10/7
Dips 2x45 1x25 (115pds weighted): 20/19/14
Seated Tris 60: 20/20/14

After this I suited up and went to BJJ. We worked a couple single leg style takedowns. Then did some bait and hook techniques from sidemount designed to get someone to defend something like a sizor choke which gives you thier hand for a keylock. some people defend a keylock by rotating the hand (almost locking them into a straight armbar) but passing to thier waist. They sometimes grab their belt or just sit on thier hand. We worked a kimura then transition to a reverse grip shoulder lock from north south just incase they defended in such a way. I rolled with Victor today and well, he put a clinic on me. He pulled me into his guard which I am awesome on the top... dont comment. So I was able to pass and control but could not lock in sideguard I need to ask him what he was doing because everytime I would pass his guard and try to sink my knee under his armpit I just couldnt. My crossface was deep and I got the underhook just couldnt get the knee. in the end he submitted me by armbar. It's been a bit since I have been caught so yea that sucks.

Vale Tudo, it was just our guy Rudy and I. Rudy is a quick son of a bitch. so I really do enjoy sparring him. It keeps my on my toes and makes me work. We worked with just him and I 3 minute rounds 1 minute rest for about an hour. About 10 minutes left in the 60 minute time period I think we had enough.

My shoulder is okay this morning but I always feel it after wednesdays. This is probably the best it's been after a wens. but then, I didnt roll with our giant last night. Tonight I will be hitting back, then my cardio then no-gi.
I'm glad you had a good workout at the gym and when you were sparring... what do you mean by "which I am awesome on the top... dont comment" .. just messing with you... lol

I had a good workout... i did back to today.. it was challenging but i took it like a champ... if you want to check out my workout log.
Old 10-05-2007, 01:09 PM   #20
Haven68rs

The on the top comment? uhh I think you got it . I come check you log out when Im done posting this. I'm curious what the champ is up too.

Thursday, So i went to the south Gym for my back workout. I hate that gym for back but alot of my buddies workout there and it makes for a intresting time. These numbers are all fucked up as the machines sucked and what I like to use didnt exist in that gym.

Lat pulldown 245: 10/9/7
Cable Row 275: 10/9/7
Standing row 150: 20/19/14
Shoulder press 95: 10/9/7
Shoulder Raise 55:10/10/7 (1)
Rotator Cuff 60: 10/10/7
Curl 1 105 10/10/7
Curl 2 160: 10.....

I then went to no-gi Jitz. We had a new guy come from Pacific MMA where he trained in submission grappling. Nice guy I rolled with him at the end of class and it was obvious that they didnt have very good instruction there. I think he realized the parts of the game he was missing as he signed up for the class and will be coming for now on. After I rolled with him I took on Jeff a bluebelt who has always given me trouble. I found it really easy to catch him in a choke this time around. I also rolled with one of our big guys I dont know this guys name as he is newer, but Tosh has been on me to use less strength and concentrate on the flow of the locks and combining the moves to catch my opponent in transitions. I Used him to work on my back game as I would give up a roll so I would have him in my guard then sweep him. Rinse repeat. I will try and make sat's open mat. i promised jeff i would help him move in the am, so I hope that goes by quickly. I got my new gi too! It's a single ply Atama with Gracie branding. The pants feel like PJ's! Woot!
Old 10-05-2007, 03:05 PM   #21
LadyZ
AE Female Member

okay what is "gi"? and this "It's a single ply Atama with Gracie branding"... and why did you go to that gym that had old machines?

like i said in my post... milky way and soda... now i know your weakness...
Old 10-06-2007, 07:38 PM   #22
Haven68rs

I went to that gym as a trial and decided I hated it. One of each bench = long waits. A gi is the outfit you wear when training Jiu Jitsu. It's very simular to a Karate Uniform but the lapel and stiching is reinforced to deal with all the grabbing and pulling it goes thru.

Ok just got back from the gym before I hit the streets tonight. Owe... I am so close to calling my rub all over my body lady. My Triceps really hurt today and my shoulder is killing. I have an ice pack on it right now and poped 3 alieve. Hope it settles. Heres the numbers I pushed.

Flat Bench 150:10 240:10 290:10 310:10 330:6 350:3 370:1
Incline Bells 110's: 10/8/6
Dips 115:20/19/14
Seated Tri 60: 20/20/14 (2)

40 minute walk afterward.

On a side note, I helped a friend move this morning. I think the shoulder pain had more to do with that then the lifting. The lifting just agrivated it.
Old 10-07-2007, 07:58 PM   #23
Haven68rs

I hit back this morning, Shoulder is still hurting pretty good. I might break down and use my insureance to get it checked out. I just hate docs. Take a year off stop lifting blah blah whatever... Heres the numbers.

Lat Pulldowns 245: 10/9/7
Cable Row 275: 10/10/7
Standing Row 150: 20/20/14
Shoulder Press 95: 8 90:10/7
Shoulder Raise 55: 10/10/7 (2)
Rotator Cuff 60: 10/10/7 (2)
Curl 1 105: 15/15/8
Curl 2 160: 10/10/7

No cardio yet today. If I get a chance I will walk later tonight. but we have movie night with pizza.. Yea alot of good that is gonna do my diet! haha. Anyway I have my meals prepared for the next week. this is a .. cheat night.
Old 10-07-2007, 08:33 PM   #24
LadyZ
AE Female Member

Quote:
I hit back this morning, Shoulder is still hurting pretty good. I might break down and use my insureance to get it checked out. I just hate docs. Take a year off stop lifting blah blah whatever... Heres the numbers.

Lat Pulldowns 245: 10/9/7
Cable Row 275: 10/10/7
Standing Row 150: 20/20/14
Shoulder Press 95: 8 90:10/7
Shoulder Raise 55: 10/10/7 (2)
Rotator Cuff 60: 10/10/7 (2)
Curl 1 105: 15/15/8
Curl 2 160: 10/10/7

No cardio yet today. If I get a chance I will walk later tonight. but we have movie night with pizza.. Yea alot of good that is gonna do my diet! haha. Anyway I have my meals prepared for the next week. this is a .. cheat night.
If your shoulder is bothering you more than before ... you should go and check it out... maybe you would have get physical therapy... maybe if it not serious ask them about synvisc... it's good stuff... it's not coritisone... it's three shots and one every week... i got last november... trust me
Old 10-11-2007, 05:44 PM   #25
Haven68rs

Yesturday was Wykid Wednesday which means I hurt today. I am sitting in my office dressed all nice with a shiner on my left eye and a matt rash going down my nose. It reminds me of something out of fightclub. My delts and arms still feel used up but I as a whole feel great. I love wednesdays. Here was the night.

5am-5:45am
Incline Walk

5-7pm Chest workout
Flat Bench
155:10 245:10 295:10 315:10 335:6 355:3 375:1
Tomi one of my buddies spotted me for the final set and I was left thinking how light it felt so I decided to go for a roadmark in my lifting. I loaded 4 plates on each side (405) and...
:BP: PUT THAT SHIT UP! BAHA! I've been leaning out for the open for the last 2 weeks so I am right now at a bodyweight of 201 making that a 200% BW lift. It felt good to reach that point. Next goal... 5? Plates? Next round I want to raise by 10 instead of my normal slow 5 pd raises. I think the weight ratio is calling for faster raises.
Incline Bells 105: 10/10/7 This also went up easy
Dips 125 (2x45 1x35): 20/19/13
Sitting Tris 60: 20/15/10

7-8 Jitz
We did some mount chokes with some reverses. I ended up with a guy whos belly was so big my knees would barely touch the ground when mounted on him. I had to adjust with every little pop. Afterwards Victor (My kryptonite) asked me to roll so we went into the cage and put a good 15 minutes in. I also rolled with another one of our super heavys but was able to catch him quickly in a rear gi choke then an armbar.

8-9 Vale Tudo
Kick sparring, some combos to shoots then just exchanges. Im not sure when I got the shiner but I figure it was the rounds in the cage, we went without headgear and 16's.

Tosh and I discussed about working on getting me into more local smokers, the problem is at my weight everyone is really picky about who they fight. So Tosh wants to kick up my training to 4 days a week going rounds for a bit. It seems I wont ever get a can in my weight class to get my bearing, so I just have to be ready.

I am sure weight won't be an issue for the US Open now. at 201, I should make 208 with Gi on NP.
Old 10-12-2007, 10:21 AM   #26
Haven68rs

Yesturday was back day heres the numbers
5-5:45am
Incline walk

5-7 PM
Lat Pulldown 245: 10/10/7
Cable Row 280:10/10/7
Standing Row 155: 20/20/14
Shoulder Press 90: 10/10/7
Shoulder Raise 55: 20/20/14 (3rd time, raise to 60 next)
Rotator Cuff 60: 10/10/7 (3rd time, once more)
Curl 1 105: 16/15/10
Curl 2 165: 10/10/7

I would normally goto no-gi Jitz but the Ex Wife took a trip to chicago so I have the monkeys this whole week. I still want to make sat's open mat, maybe I will take the boys and let them fight in the cage, yea that sounds fun!
Old 10-12-2007, 12:19 PM   #27
LadyZ
AE Female Member

Nice workout... how's the shoulder holding up?
Old 10-12-2007, 12:30 PM   #28
Haven68rs

It's there Z, I think i have taken your path of alieve and Ice. I know that only works for so long but the next month or so things will be heavy in jitz so time off isnt in my near future. If it still bugs me early dec then I will go in. I figure the christmas holiday is the best time to take off. I need to go visit your log soon, See how the Z is keeping up
Old 10-12-2007, 01:06 PM   #29
LadyZ
AE Female Member

Quote:
It's there Z, I think i have taken your path of alieve and Ice. I know that only works for so long but the next month or so things will be heavy in jitz so time off isnt in my near future. If it still bugs me early dec then I will go in. I figure the christmas holiday is the best time to take off. I need to go visit your log soon, See how the Z is keeping up
the Z is doing her thing... you know the pain is going to continue until december.
Old 10-13-2007, 03:28 PM   #30
Haven68rs

Yea I do know Z.....

Todays day
7-745am Incline Walk

8:30-10:20am Chest workout. I hate early mornings. my arms always feel ready to fall of when pushing big weight. Anyway here are the numbers
Flat Bench
165:10 255:10 305:10 325:7 345:4 365 and 385 Bailed out
DB Incline 110:10/9/7
Dips 125: 20/19/14
Sitting Tri's 60: 20/16/14

11-1pm Open Mat
Worked with Jeff a few round pad drills rolled with a few people then went back to the cage for a few rounds. Ended off wrestling Victor again. Hes still my Kryptonite but I am working on it.